Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Man Whore posted:

hi I live in pike county

hello neighbor. ross county here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I'm going with jealous spouse/ ex/ fiance

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Today I learned that just this January a woman and her 16 year daughter were murdered in a similar fashion in Minford, which is another po-dunk town not far from yesterday's murders. The mother was shot in bed, the daughter assumedly heard this and tried to run and got it. No arrests were made

http://www.inquisitr.com/2685066/minford-ohio-mother-and-daughter-found-dead-inside-home/

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I somehow missed it, but yesterday The Daily Mail had a theory that this could have been over a $3000 demolition derby car

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Blue Train posted:

lots of rural areas + it's decrim there so if you grow/posses a hundred grams or less or transfer 20 grams or less you just get a $150 fine leads to lots of grows, though usually small

Maybe if the highway patrol gets there first. Otherwise your weed just becomes 'confiscated'.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

That guy is everyone that lives in Pike county

e; I really do feel bad for him though

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 26, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

quote:

One victim suffered a single gunshot wound, one victim suffered two gunshot wounds, two victims each had three gunshot wounds, another victim had four gunshot wounds, two victims each had five gunshot wounds and one victim had nine gunshot wounds.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/04/26/pike-co-massacre-what-we-know-victims/83504492/

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Some (maybe) interesting tidbits, but the facebook posts and kids talking poo poo seem like mostly static to me

http://knowledgeglue.com/10-days-before-pike-county-massacre-family-patrolled-property-with-firearms/

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 26, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I guess The Daily Mail was the highest bidder to talk to the guy that discovered the last body

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rror-scene.html

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 27, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

If it was a cartel wouldn't they have killed the babies too?

I also doubt the cartel would have used 30 bullets on 8 people, or threw money on one of the victims

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Jeff Ruby withdraws $25k reward:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/04/23/jeff-ruby-offers-25k-arrest-pike-co-mass-shooter/83432754/

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Still in the headlines everyday here. Nothing really new being said by LE / AG though.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

There are also rumors of this being tied into a 'shatter lab' that was busted a few months ago, or 30 some pounds of bud that was caught at the post office coming in from California, or 64 drug indictments that were handed out a few months ago.

Other theories include Chris Sr. and his connection to Big Bear Lake and a car auction that was probably used for money laundering and a medical LLC he established.

Also a lot of counterfeit money had been poping up in Pike co, and of course it's spculated the Rhoden's had something to do with it, and perhaps paid the wrong person with it

So, popular theories include;
"Hillybilly Justice"
Drug cartel
Inter-family dispute
Counterfeiting money
A gambling debt from dog and/or cockfighting
Drug turf war
Robbery
A narc in the family
Something underhanded going on at the shady car lot
A paid execution by biker, Aryan or Mexican gangs paid for by ???
An argument over a derby car
A road rage incident
Some fight the boys were having with some other boys

tl;dr- This case is as cold as ice

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

So, after impounding all 100+ cars on the properties, the AG is impounding the whole crime scene. As in all four. As in they are moving all 4 mobile homes.

http://www.700wlw.com/articles/local-news-119585/mike-dewine-crime-scenes-in-pike-14707641/

This is after yesterday's plea to the public to submit any pertinent surveillance video anyone in the area might have. Something I think would happen during the first week, rather than 3 weeks later.

Is this something law enforcement does? Or, are they getting desperate and wanting to look busy?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

It's pretty well universally accepted here that the killer(s) took the cameras from the properties with them. I think that info came from one of the interviews with a family member that discovered the scene. Or it could have been an LE leak, either way I doubt the AG has very strong video evidence. Who knows though

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 13, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

No new offical news on this story, but some interesting poems posted by 'rambling rose' on topix

quote:

Ramble on Rose
Since: May 16
Location hidden

#865 Wednesday May 18

Each to his own
When Kentucky is home
No Sin goes unpunished
When the voice is their own
Poppy is dead now
I fell down
Wheres Jones at He's Dead.
I know that
The baby is crying
Hey
Speak I know where the key was
bedroom, bathroom
Go on
Sing Me a tune
Tell her to say CGR
Please don't turn me in
I'm gonna go check on Frankie
Good Dog
==========
Tell em you called to check' up on him'
He's dead
He knows that
Shhhhhhhhhhh
Pick that up
Steady
Hmmm Hmmm
Checked to see if he was alright now
Let Lucifer go forth to claim his own
Innocence is not lost
she has brought them home.
Rest in Peace CGDCHFHK

quote:

Ramble on Rose
Since: May 16
Location hidden

#877 Wednesday May 18

No it is sad....listen

0:00 Poppy is dead now
0:06Wheres jones, or Jonsey at, He's dead, I know that
1:24 Little boy says "Hey"
1:38 He is telling her to say as she speaks it: But I knowed where the key was at
2:00 Little Boy says Good dog
0:37 someone says go on
0:35 Fake high pitched reflection
0:29 baby crying
==========
0:00 Tell them you called to check up on them
0:51 Pick that up
0:56 Steady
0:31 He knows that
1:03 See if he was alright now

quote:

Will the mark of Cain find you
Strange roosters running amok
Open the window, what lurks in the dark
Do you see me now?
One stands at the window, one at the door
Running to and frow and fallen upon the floor
Hurry they are stirring,the light just came on
Drape him quickly. What was that noise?
Look down, what is that moving on the ground?
Oh God no, not her too, pow pow pow
In through the window and back out.
Do you see me now?
Call him over, hurry, make haste
He just pulled up, the lights are in his face
Take the keys and leave the car
Get the cameras and back up to the door
Where is that tarp you brought?
What are you doing here this late at night
One, two, three, four, one, two, three
Do you see me now?
Lock the door back and hand me that phone
He said he is up now, what do you want?
Let's walk over here......out of the way
Why waste bullets when one can save the day
Carry him back to where he belongs
They will find him last, not knowing what went wrong
Do you see me now?
Play me some ragtime and steady my hand
Wade in the water, get out when they blow
Seven card stud is just a show
Cursed are those that show me the door.
Do you see me now?

White Rose 76Vx#2)9272©-Just like Billy Sunday-jmo
Revelation 22:18-KJV
Matthew 10:36-KJV

quote:

Why do you curse poverty
And the people of the woods?
Have you stopped to consider
How much your life is worth?
32 Bullets, Some in your sleep
How would your child feel
If you could no longer speak?
You are no different to them or us
Your just a dead man walking
right along with the rest of us
We respect the Angel of Death
and try to understand why we grieve
But people like you only work to deceive
On your shoulder sits a chip for all to see
Of your self importance and wantoness greed
How much will you be worth in their time of need?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

the gently caress is topix

For the most part, a horseshit gossip and rumor mill website for stay at home moms.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Wikipedia posted:

An execution-style murder, also known as Chicago-style murder and execution-style killing, is an act of criminal murder where the perpetrator kills at close range a conscious victim who is under the complete physical control of the assailant and who has been left with no course of resistance or escape.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

http://m.wlwt.com/news/family-of-pike-co-victims-hope-reward-will-bring-in-tips/40814226

3 months later, $10k reward offered by Southern Ohio Crime Stoppers. They say that this reward was offered very early on, but both Sheriff Reader and AG Dewine said they didn't get the message.

An interesting bit from the rumor mill is that someone with the AG (who was named.. but I won't) at the RNC claims that this was cartel, but Kaisach told Dewine to stay quiet, as having a family of 8 murdered by illegal Mexicans would be a silver platter for Trump in the important swing state.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Not terrorism. Even the state DA said this is just a good old fashioned execution

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/07/26/Coroner_refuses_to_release_final_autopsies_in_Pike_County_killings.html

County still refusing to release autopsy. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think the toxicology is the big secret...and maybe torture

e; the county prosecutor is the same one that loaned an officer on administrative leave (for shooting and killing someone) his gun.. who then shot and killed someone else..with the prosecutors gun. All an accident of course

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 27, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

So basically it was the cops who did this right? Or at the very least the cops were complacent in the killings.

Thats one of the theories. This thing could make an awesome movie one day.. or yeah, True Detective season 3.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

GE has a massive testing area right there

theres also a huge nuclear facility

:tinfoil:

Case closed boys

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I always thought it would be a special kind of hell to be an accomplished physicist and be competent and trusted enough to be the supervisor of a nuclear plant.. and then be assigned to pike county

It has to be the American equivalent of being assigned to Siberia

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Possibly

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

I should also add, I will gladly assist in building the Ohio Containment Wall. I don't care if I get walled in too, it's probably for the best.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 29, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Cincinatti Enquirer says autopsy details are to be released, the state says no. Mediation ordered

E; In the very similar,and very possibly related, KY murders, they released info that the killers took something "valuable and hidden"

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 23, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I think that is why the AG /LE was so quick to let the local schools off lockdown, and announce to the public that they were in no danger just like an hour or two after the discovery of the bodies .. they knew the killers were long gone from the area

Oh, also in the latest interview, AG Dewine confimed they were working with Homeland Security. Can anyone shed anymore light on why this might be? Or does it just confirm they are looking toward a cartel hit?

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 29, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Dewine continues fighting release of autopsy reports. Enquirer claims mediation is a stalling tactic.

Here are some other shot-in-bed murders that have happened in the area. All unsolved with no arrests, no suspects. Mileage listed is distance from Rhoden site.

1. December 9, 2006 murder of Jennifer Burgette and Curtis Francis. - About 10 miles

2. March 21, 2010 Three men shot and killed in a rural Clark County house as they slept - kind of a stretch, 110 miles

3. January 4, 2016 Murder of Mykal and Candy Newsome. - 30 miles

4. April 6, 2016 murder of Charles Douglas Eapmon and Carolynn Ann Tomlinson. - 80 miles

Maybe not all related, but these are sparsely populated areas and each killing has similar MO's. Another intriguing incident was a fellow was reported missing the same day as the Rhoden murder. His truck was found near a state forest. A few weeks later, his sister was found dead on their mother's porch.

Locally, this is loosing steam quick. If it wasn't for the Cincinnati Enquirer lawsuits and the custody issues,this would probably be as cold as the other 4 murders

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I'm not saying they are all related. That one is kind of far away, and the first two happened years apart. I think it makes for good conjecture though

What makes the Eapmon murder likely related is that he was a known dealer, and there was also a female child in the home that was left unharmed. Details in that case have also been as slim as with the Rhoden's

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 7, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

naem posted:

"Don't crime" seems to be a good idea

It's the Ohio - Kentucky border. Thats all there is to do

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

They could be inconclusive either way and/or not get released in the interests of protecting the surviving family members' privacy.

I mean what's the autopsy gonna reveal that you don't already know anyway; they were shot and killed while sleeping.

Toxicology reports, further elaboration on the 'bruising' found on some of the bodies. It's rumored that maybe torture was invoved and the police don't want the public in a panic or uproar.

Or, yeah, since literally every vehicle and even the crime scenes themselves were towed away, LE had something to do with it. As mentioned earlier, one ex-deputy is awaiting trial on two murders,one commited with the prosecutors gun

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 7, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I would seriously be quizzing the guy that 'found' that. I'm not sure how urban of an area it was found in, but I don't see such a easily found and hearty (lol) snack being passed up by animals overnight

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Risky posted:

What do I change my FB profile pic to show that I care?

A rebel flag that says REBEL across it

Panda Bear posted:

here in my hometown this crew of black drug dealers were shipping heroin from here to philly via USPS. an 80,000 dollar package got seized by the postal inspectors. the crew's connect here in town, a mexican family, basically told them that if they didn't give them the 80,000 dollars (they were fronting the crew the package), they were going to doxx the whole crew to "the peoples in mexico" who would come and kill them all. the drug dealers realized they were hosed so they pushed their way through the front door of the house of the mexican family connect one night and tied everyone up, stabbed them to death and then lit the place on fire. they're all in prison now i think.

Wouldn't they just be super hosed then? It's not like prison is out of a crime organization's reach. I'm sure the murdering dealers have family on the outside.

You might be onto something with the counterfeit money. Honestly the family had their fingers in so many illegal pies it would be very difficult to nail down which one it was. Counterfeit money, drugs, having no criminal records despite their lifestyle (CI's?), cars which may or may not have been part of a chop shop, cockfighting, dogfighting, phantom LLC's set up by various family members for possible for money laundering.. the list goes on and on.

This $4 million dollar pot operation was also busted a few months ago. Possibly uncovered during the Rhodens investigation. The only thing I think it proves for sure is that someone has some serious money to invest in drugs in the area. They had a freakin bank vault door installed at the entrance to there underground grow op. Can you even legally buy a bank vault door, and who constructed the whole thing, yet alone worked harvesting it?

It certainly looks like some major players are either moving into the area, or are just now having the curtain pulled back some. If the whole story ever comes to light I think there will be some locally well known names involved, and most certainly some LE. No I don't have any proof, it's just something that wouldn't surprise me from growing up and living around here

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 17, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Panda Bear posted:

some of you guys have mentioned chop shops that are fronts for laundering money; how does that work? i'm ignorant about that.

I know there is someone more knowledgable than me that can explain it, but while chop shops and money laundering happen together they are seperate activities. There is some kind of title wizardry one can do to where a irl perfectly fine car has insurance claimed on it (as if its totalled) , then it's chopped and its vin number and parts used on different cars. With todays tracking abilities I'm not sure if the re-using of vin numbers still happens or is possible, I wouldn't think so..

Wholesale car auctions, used car lots and car transport are all one big racket from what I gather, and is where money laundring because possible. Used car lots and auctions can falsify numbers and the companies are fly-by-night by there nature. Car transport is thee way to transport drugs or 'hot' money. Just load up your contraband into the gas tank and fenders, load it onto a transport semi with other cars and send it cross country.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

AND we're back..

I will try my best to catch you up on the going-on's since the died a GBS death.

To catch up, The Cincinnati Enquirer had sued Pike County to have the autopsies of the murdered family of 8 released. The Ohio AG as well as Pike co were against this, saying that disclosing this information would severely hamper the investigation. The case was sent to mediation.

What we got from that is a Heavy redacted autopsy reports
And the coroner's also Heavy redacted report

Needless to say, the Enquirer wasn't happy with this, and are proceeding with the case. Despite my prestigious internet Dr. title, I am not a real doctor or even close, so I couldn't make much from the autopsy reports. If one of you much wiser individuals spot anything odd, please do share.

Some other developments:

Fox19 did a report where they continuously visited the parking lot of warehouse where the Rhoden trailers and camper is kept. No security was ever seen, and according to them, just anyone could approach the homes. I personally think this is junk article, as Dewine has stated any 'good' evidence is stored elsewhere, and the properties are being kept in a warehouse to protect the contents for whoever inherits them, as well as possible preservation for a jury walk through. But at this point, I don't see a judge making a jury walk through a bloodsplatter tin can that has had no circulation or climate control for over 6 months...

Sheriff Reader says that he believes the perp(s) are local. AG Dewine doesn't agree, and says this is speculation and not an investigatory finding.

Some other new facts and rumors;

Kenneth Rhoden's daughter, Kendra was suppose to have a sleepover the night with Hannah Gilley of this fateful night. She was with her boyfriend as they followed Hannah in her red Jeep. On the way, both her boyfriend gets a 'toothache' , and she gets a call about a babysitting gig she can't pass up. She pulls a U-Turn and goes back home source

Miranda Gilley, was also suppose to stay with Hannah, and changed her mind.

Hannah also sent her oldest daughter to stay with her dad, unplanned, that same night at 10:30PM

Donald Stone, another cousin, was suppose to spend the night at Kenny's camper. He ends up not going to Kenny's or spending the night.

Brandon Rhoden, who lived within the same area did not spend the night at his home this night

So that's 5 people changing there mind at the last minute. Maybe they are all interconnected and just a coincidence, but food for thought none the less

Another plot hole is that Donald Stone said him and Kenny were planning to get up early and go to a car auction. His daughter Kendra said he was to get up at 4AM and left for his job over an hour away in Columbus. Either way, neither of these people, nor any of the other family decided to check on Kenny until 1:30PM, even though 7 family members were discovered dead around 7AM. Kenny, you recall, was also found 10 miles away from the other crime scenes and only shot once in the face. I am very curious to if the bullet used on him matches any of the other bullets..but this isn't something LE is talking about obviously.

Here are some good links for those wanting more info, or a wider picture of what occurred as we know..

Umbrella of Suspicion Pt.1 Before the Murders - Most accurate timeline I could find, plus link to the YT 911 calls and other good info
Umbrella of Suspicion Pt. 2 The Murders
Pike Co: Death In The Foothills - A really good piece from the Enquirer

Now, I had mentioned before about corruption and shadiness in Pike Co politics, such as the ex-deputy who killed two people, one using the prosecutor's gun AFTER the first murder

Well, now this is pure gossip, and quite possibly the bitter lies of an ex-junkie who feels like he was wronged by LE... OR not.. Either way this following post was made by a Pike County local to his own Facebook page in regards to Sheriff Reader saying the killers were local:

FB maniac posted:

Uh DUH!!!!! Sheriff Charley Reader, and his good squad (Pike Co. Sherff's Deputies) are the culprits here. As a former drug user and having been deeply connected to various well known, high traffic, seriously well connected individuals in the local, state, and federal drug syndicates, I happen to know for a fact and have information that if I were to open my mouth would seriously cause federal scrutiny upon the Pike County law enforcement. I happen to know for a fact and know a few other people who actually have proof that former Pike County Sheriff's Larry Travis and Rick Henderson took bribery payments and protection money from several local well to do drug families. The Rhoden family is, rather was just one, of these families. Another family is the <snip> family, who happens to have out of state and out of country mafia ties. These families were forced to pay the Pike county sheriff's office money in order for them to continue selling drugs in their county. When current crime ring ruler/leader (Sheriff Reader) took office he raised the amount of money that he and the department requested from these families. It just so happens, and I can prove that the Rhoden's refused to be blackmailed anymore and refused to pay the increased protection money to Sheriff Reader and when the amount of time elapsed they were given to pay up (Their deadline, was 4-20-2016)(Conveniently, international pot smoking day) 2 days later the Sheriff and various members of his hit squad took action and killed the entire Rhoden family, except for the 1 baby. Which just so happens, to know be indirectly in custody of Sheriff Reader's family. Lesson here, the biggest criminals in our area are the law enforcement. This wont come as a surprise to anyone with an open mind, a knowledge of local politics, and/or any connection to any part of the local drug trade. I am taking a huge risk mentioning this and should anything happen to me, I am actually as of tomorrow morning going to take steps to ensure that various evidence could be released.

A very dangerous thing to post I would say, especially when he 'checks-in' at home on FB and has pictures of his kids on it. Chris Graves from the Enquirer commented on this post and said "DM me please", and the next morning his Facebook was scrubbed and set to private. Some really crazy stuff going on in this case, and it keeps getting weirder...

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 28, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Nothing new to report per say, but earlier in October someone distributed a 12-page newspaper calling itself "The Dirty Badge" that was basically accusations about Sheriff Reader's past wrongdoings.

I won't list all of the accusations, but here are some highlights:

-While on duty at the Waverly Police Department, Charles Reader was accused of breaking into pop machines and stealing money. (This is a long standing local rumor)
-Greg Ford, who filed the complaint about the pop machines, was disciplined for filing an unfounded report.
-Charles Reader took emergency radios purchased with a grant that was meant only for fire departments. (This is true, and the Sheriff department owes $47k back)
-Charles Reader was accused of sexually harassing female employees and fired from the Ross County Juvenile Detention Center. (Reader was hired by the JDC on Oct. 31, 1995, and fired on Jan. 26, 1996, having not made it through the probation period. Records from his personnel file noted he was "not the right fit" and there were "too many questions."Notes in his file indicate a female employee requested not to work with him)
-Charles Reader was sued in small claims court in 1995 by a Gallipolis business and issued an arrest warrant for not paying. (True)
-Joel Jenkins was placed back on active duty by Charles Reader without the required psychological testing after a police-involved shooting.
-Reader hired several people who were laid off by other law enforcement. Coincidentally, all for sexual harassment

Link to full article and more accusations.

The good news is that it seems like AG Dewine almost completely shut-out the Pike Co SO once they arrived on the murder scene that day. The bad news is... it's Dewine's BCI.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 30, 2016

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Anderron Shi posted:

You can't make this stuff up.

Diet Dew and all.

From his press conference just the other day..

lol

Do they sponsor him or what

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

After 6 months of silence, Reader posted this to his facebook page. A week before election none the less...

Sheriff Reader posted:

Mr. Jody Barr, Chanel 19, the Cincinnati Enquirer, and Chillicothe Gazette

I was appointed the Sheriff of Pike County, Ohio in May 2015. I was the only one to step up when our Sheriff stepped down. I took the reins, I accepted the responsibility, I stood tall through it all, the bad, the tragic, and the most horrifying things that's ever happened. I organized and logistically dealt with nearly 700 men and woman of law enforcement, ran my office, a mobile command dispatch center, and an investigative command center in times never faced by any man before me. Ego? None! I called upon the best professionals that were available in the State of Ohio. They answered the call and came from everywhere. BCI, CRIME SCENE, SHERIFF'S, DEPUTIES, INVESTIGATORS, FBI, if we needed it, we found it. Are we there yet? No. Closer? Yes. Will we solve the Rhoden/Gilley murders? No doubt in my mind, body, or soul. Property and evidence secure enough for trial? No question about it. The norm? Process the crime scene and leave. Leave the homes, leave the cars, leave all those sentimental items, leave all those valuable assets, LEAVE, be done, gone... Did we do that? Did we Mr. Jody Barr with Channel 19 and your expert? "NO" We went above and beyond anything imaginable.... That's right, we took the homes, the cars, the property, "WE DID NOT LEAVE IT !!' Hear me, we took it, we did things that no one, hear me???? NO ONE has done before.... While you try to make a name for yourself in the media world with your pathetic misguided stories, I have one.... It's Sheriff "Charlie" Reader of Pike County, Ohio. A proud Sheriff, a caring Sheriff, a Sheriff that worked around the clock to do the right thing. No, not for you Mr. Barr but for the 8 people murdered in cold blood. Do you hear me Mr. Barr? Was you there, did you see it, feel it, the pain, the hurt, the things that will never leave my or many others mind that are involved. Did you live it? Did you lose a family member? Are you being a victim every time media comes to town to remind you of that horrific day? "NO!!!" So while your trying to manipulate a family in distress that lost 8 loved ones, while you try to make a name for yourself with the blood of 8, hear me??? 8 human lives lost, we are working, day, night, any hour called upon to solve the most horrific event in our lives and those of the victims family. Do you sleep Mr. Barr? When was the last time you were up all night in your suit and shiny shoes? Oh, I forgot... Trying to film a Sheriff doing all that he can for a county he loves and 8 victims of a homicide. We are their voice, We work for them!!!! We care about them, not your part 1, part 2, or part 3 or 4 of the chopped up edited garbage your reporting. Was you there last night? Did you see me? Did you see my Chief Deputy, my Major, Waverly Police K-9, or my undercover unit? Must have been one of those days where we were there and you were not. When I heard over our radio that an alarm was sounding at a residence and the address was given.... Would you have known the last name of the person that lived there? I did, it's Rhoden. Did I go? Was I there? Did we get there quick enough for you? I was the Sheriff still out in my truck that knew exactly who needed help in my county, the one with the lights and sirens on thinking I can't get there fast enough, watching out for motorist, the safety of myself and others as I race with my men and women and other local law enforcement to check. So, Mr. Barr with Chanel 19 out of Cincinnati, you missed it. You were not here. You did not get the story nor are you attempting to interview anyone today. Your not knocking on doors demanding answers are you? Your not here asking my citizens about anything bad they know on me, of me, the Rhodens, Gilleys, where are you? Home? I hope, I pray that your with your family today and that you can hear them, touch them, laugh with them, enjoy more memories being made. As I sit here in my office, I pray that you someday get that story, that break, be the leading journalist in the world. When you make it big my friend, will you be ready? Will your family be by your side? Will your shoulders be big enough to withstand everything, to face tragedy, to live up to expectation, to not fold or show emotion when your insides are screaming because of what you witness or see a family go through? I pray, I pray with everything in my soul that you will. I can promise you this Mr. Barr and channel 19, the Rhodens, Gilleys, and Manleys, their friends, and neighbors and especially their Sheriff, my staff, and BCI want answers and will solve this case but we don't need you to do it. I give you 4 hours of my time and the only guilt that I have is that I can never get it back and it would have been much better spent on trying to find killers, not to accommodate you.

PS. I challenged you and the rest of the media in raising more money for the reward on information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible for the death of 8 human beings. Where is that story?

Sincerely,

Sheriff Charlie Reader, Pike County, Ohio

How do you really feel Reader.. He should knows how the media works, I don't think this faux outburst will help. But then again, Pike county..

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

"it is what it is" - man paid six digits to ensure the safety of his community's quads and weed farms

One of his opponents key points is that if elected, he will be the first Pike Co Sheriff to hold a college degree

• Locked thread