Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'm still watching this show, but I've been pretty bored with the whole clones and conspiracies thing for a while now, which is unfortunate given that it's the central plot. I actually wish the show would just be about Alison and Donnie, because their side-plots are way better than the main one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

"...anyway, one thing lead to another & I DID shoot Dr. Leeke in the face and buried him in the garage..."
That scene was enough to justify still watching this show.

DarklyDreaming posted:

As the conspiracy at the heart of this show gets more and more convoluted and nonsensical this would be the biggest and boldest twist the show could make :v:
Yeah, when Sarah was saying that she could be a Neolution plant, all I could think was how ridiculous that would be and how likely it is to be true.

seravid posted:

Donnie gets all the best lines and so remains the show's best character.
Alison's still my favourite, but she needs Donnie to work so he's also essential.

13Pandora13 posted:

Other than Donnie I found this ep pretty ho-hum. It felt like a lot of building and not a lot of happening.
I felt like this through most of last season too. The whole conspiracy thing is getting a bit too X-Files. They've built it up into such a big thing that there's no way to make it pay off in a satisfying way, and each new thing they add just makes it less interesting.

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm not really excited about the magical mystical wonderchild that is Kira. I could accept the regeneration, her mom is a genetically modified clone, but the premonition poo poo is just awful.
Yep. Even the cyber-worm-implants I could buy as a sci-fi thing, but pretty much whenever sci-fi brings in psychics it loses me. There's just no way to make them plausible.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

TEAH SYAG posted:

4 seasons in and very little in the way of the mysteries of the clones, surrounding factions or the neo tech have really been explained. Anybody else feeling the showrunners are following the Lost run-book?

Yeah, everything they uncover just leads to "you think you're getting somewhere but actually it turns out you just discovered that there's another layer to the conspiracy that you never even suspected!" Like, once they get to Susan Duncan it'll turn out that she's just been working for someone else and they're basically back to square one again. Eventually in the last season it turns out the whole thing is aliens or something and it ends on an unresolved cliffhanger.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I really liked Susan's frustration at other people not being able to tell the difference between the clones. "That's not Sarah, it's Cosima. No, that one's Krystal. Pay attention, people!"

13Pandora13 posted:

Kira still sucks.

Donnie still owns.
Agreed. If by "owns" you mean "is enjoyably frustrating to watch". I'm getting pretty sick of Sarah's attitude though. I get that she's not exactly having an easy time of it, but Cosima is literally dying and Alison dealt with covering up a murder and taking over a drug operation while running a campaign and helping out with clone stuff and she's handling it fine. Felix is being irresponsible with her secrets, but she's really not helping the situation by being a dick to him (and everyone else).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I...didn't say I didn't understand what happened, only that I don't get where they're going.

Cosima is hosed, the Castor bloodline/plot has now been rendered...completely pointless, S's mom plotline is now completely pointless, it's basically like they erased anything that happened the last season.
Yeah, it kind of looks like the bad guys have won. The protagonists have lost all the stuff they needed to not die. The people who wanted to exploit the protagonists, and therefore at least wanted to keep them alive, are basically hosed. The ones who are currently on top have no interest in keeping the clones alive and would presumably not hesitate to kill them if they get in the way. Maybe they can still expose the illegal human experimentation, but to what end?

Rhyno posted:

This show is getting kind of tedious.
Yeah, my summary may be missing some detail because I was reading Twitter throughout most of the latest episode.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

Also yeah, how the gently caress did Scott get stuck with crime scene cleanup on this one?

I was just thinking in this episode, they're pretty lucky Scott sticks around and puts up with all their bullshit. He's only there because I guess he's kind of friends with Cosima now? Not long ago, this was just his job. Speaking of which, what are Sarah and Cosima and Siobhán doing for money? I assume Felix had some means of supporting himself originally and still does, even though we never get any idea of what it might be, but Sarah started out with no income, and Cosima and Scott have lost theirs. Siobhán might have had some source of income before, but she's probably lost that with all the moving around and secrecy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Just watched this not realising it was the last episode, and I feel like nothing actually happened this season. In fact, the more I think about it, the more it feels like this season just raised a bunch of issues and didn't resolve anything. I find myself confused about where a lot of plot threads are now. Like the Castor team, are they all dead or something? And what happened to Paul? And Kira's father? Did I just lose track of these people or did the show lose track of them? And they made a point of reminding us in this episode of Kira's psychic thing, but no one in the show seems to be paying any attention to it at all. What's going on?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Shneak posted:

*Estee Lauder. Get your conspiracies right!
Ah, but they're actually a front, a cover for the evil scientists of the Pond's Institute.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Sarah is getting ridiculously tiresome. Only Sarah loving Manning would be dumb enough to go to some island in the middle of nowhere all by herself despite knowing it to be enemy territory and having no clue what is even going on.
That reminds me. How did she get there? I think she took a helicopter, right? But where did she get it and who flew it? Rachael had taken off with Susan's helicopter (and I guess she knows how to fly it?) so whose helicopter did Sarah take? And I'm pretty certain that Sarah does not know how to fly a helicopter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Maera Sior posted:

Was I the only one that sobbed uncontrollably when Cosima and Delphine reunited and it looked like Cosima would actually die?
I can't be the only one, right? :ohdear:

I haven't given a poo poo about Cosima in a long time. At first it seemed like there was some urgency and she might actually die if they didn't find a cure soon, but it's just dragged on so long that it's become really clear that she's in no danger at all. And on top of that, she hasn't really had anything to do to further the plot or character interactions in a long time either. She's just there in the background, sciencing to no effect.

And I don't care about Delphine being alive/back either, because by the time she supposedly died she'd already had her role diminished so much that writing her out entirely wasn't much of a change.

• Locked thread