Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ninja Pangolin posted:

My ex wife used to sing Landslide, she has a tolerable voice but she's a soprano and tried to sing it in the same octave as Stevie Nicks which ended up sounding like waterboarding a cat

On the bright side she sings better than Stevie Nicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like William shatters version of common people

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
lmao if you listen to anything but the broken glass you shove into your ears to make the voices stop

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I had a girlfriend who was really into Jeffree Star and Family Force 5

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

dont wanna miss a thing by aerosmith. ugh

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

walgreenslatino posted:

:gonk:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

walgreenslatino posted:

What the fuuuuuck

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I find that after the fifth whiskey I could listen to a duck gang rape and find a good beat.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
It was a really stupid period of my life, ok

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Did you have to listen to freaxxx by brokencyde a lot because I did

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

walgreenslatino posted:

Oh so you were into scene girls sophomore year of high school, 2005 too? Word

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

if you tell me your exes listened to pulp then I know exactly who they are. Probably some vocal fry-rear end bitches too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Celluloid Sam posted:

The smashing pumpkins version of landslide is the best version

speaking of people attempting to sing Landslide outside their vocal range, here's Billy Corgan apparently battling through an acute case of laryngitis to cover this song

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I re-met the girl who had been my first girlfriend a few years later. Except she mentioned to me that she had grown to like the song "achey breaky heart". It was not meant to be.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

xutech posted:

I re-met the girl who had been my first girlfriend a few years later. Except she mentioned to me that she had grown to like the song "achey breaky heart". It was not meant to be.

yeah uh if you're trying to reconnect with an old ex, perhaps do not lead with the fact that your musical tastes have changed to include achey breaky heart

save that one for after the wedding

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
An ex of mine in college really liked Fergie's 'Big Girl's Don't Cry' and I have literally no clue why since that is one of the worst songs of all time.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i had an ex that listened to christina aguilera non stop

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

loquacius posted:

speaking of people attempting to sing Landslide outside their vocal range, here's Billy Corgan apparently battling through an acute case of laryngitis to cover this song

thats how Billy Corgan always sounds

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

My ex enjoyed the Violent Femmes. I tried to forget that bit. Thanks OP.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
gently caress. I just found out my wife likes that Shake it Off song by Taylor Swift, which is objectively and scientifically verified to be The Worst Song Ever Made. I'm playing Wesley Willis Rock and Roll McDonalds on loop until she leaves me.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Frankenstyle posted:

gently caress. I just found out my wife likes that Shake it Off song by Taylor Swift, which is objectively and scientifically verified to be The Worst Song Ever Made. I'm playing Wesley Willis Rock and Roll McDonalds on loop until she leaves me.

Way to listen to your wife

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

idk some bullshit song

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
one of my exes wanted to try loving to mc chris, and we broke up before it could happen for unrelated reasons

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
mumford and sons

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Anything by Coheed and Cambria.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FlimFlam Imam posted:

This is the draw back to dating younger women, the lovely taste in music.

I dated a woman ten years my senior who loved Amy Winehouse. I submit to the quorum that age does not bestow taste.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

one of my exes wanted to try loving to mc chris, and we broke up before it could happen for unrelated reasons

sorry mike, that sounds awful

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Aqua - Barbie Girl

Sting - Fields of Gold

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
If anyone ever says they genuinely enjoy Wonderful Christmas Time please kill them

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

JiveHonky posted:

sorry mike, that sounds awful

Yeah I don't even want to have hearing and listen to mc Chris lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bismuth posted:

If anyone ever says they genuinely enjoy Wonderful Christmas Time please kill them

Got trendy as gently caress to say "I LOVE THAT SONG!" this past holiday season. I know because I am a white person. Kill all white people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Had an ex who got into Wichita Lineman for a bit.

This was early 2010's. I was in college.

Also yeah I Will Possess Your Heart is loving creepy, even the video is pretty heavy handed with its message. But of course I still find it cute? I can't explain it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bismuth posted:

If you ever need evidence that Lennon was a way better songwriter than McCartney just compare their respective Christmas songs

(John Lennon was absolutely a horrible person tho)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also

Celluloid Sam posted:

thats how Billy Corgan always sounds

I found a cover of 1979 featuring a vocalist that is not Billy Corgan and it is astounding how much that one difference alone improves the song

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

loquacius posted:

If you ever need evidence that Lennon was a way better songwriter than McCartney just compare their respective Christmas songs

(John Lennon was absolutely a horrible person tho)

Two words: Helter Skelter.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

phasmid posted:

Two words: Helter Skelter.

even on that album alone, for every Helter Skelter or Blackbird there's a Revolution 1 or Yer Blues

also, point of order, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da is also a Paul song off that album

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I rescind my comment.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

Behold, Closing Time by Semisonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGytDsqkQY8

My ex fancied herself a drummer and she would throw this turd on the stereo and drum/sing along badly to it. I vowed never to love again. Thanks Semisonic.

Enjoying the poo poo out of this right now, thanks Jive!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

Enjoying the poo poo out of this right now, thanks Jive!

:doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I've never liked my boyfriends' musics but my bf likes WRONG WAY by SUBLIME and sings it at karaoke ugh

• Locked thread