Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Update failed. Had to reinstall. All UI settings nuked. GarpaUI can't handle the new folder structure (or something). Time to rebuild.

Another quality update experience from :ccp:

Thank you. I read your post and immediately went and backed up all my UI-settings. Just in case CCP destroys them all. (They did twice so far.)

You just saved me a lot of headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Siets posted:

:shittypop:

RIP .01 ISKing.

On the other hand, rich traders now can effortlessly spend some tiny amount of money to just force small-time players off the market.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

RIP indeed.

that's with almost maxed marketdude skills. If you buy some poo poo you are going to pay through the nose in a non-conquerable station.

According to the devs, that was supposed to be 5,4%. Did someone butter-finger the decimal point?

Edit:

Looking around, I see broker fees ranging from 2,47 to 2,54% with not even perfect skills. Where the hell are you that you get those insane fees?

Libluini fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2016

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

With capital shield extenders and capital propulsion-mods, you could also just use shield-dreads and loving move a little bit to the side when the FC sees bombers dropping bombs. Even with dreads being slow-moving capitals, 15 seconds should be enough time to mitigate much of the damage. Then, welp, no sacrificed damage modules on a shield-dread.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

'Dread bombing' is dropping a shitload of suicide dreads on a super, and has nothing to do with stealth bombers.

I know, I was talking about bombing runs on shield capitals, since other people have told me shield-capitals are somewhat vulnerable against that.

In fact, me knowing this was the reason for me not using the term "Dread bombing" because I thought it would confuse some people. But thanks, next time I will put in huge disclaimers in bold and with sirens to list everything I didn't meant

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

silentsnack posted:

Aren't broker fees one of the things you can change in citadels, meaning 0.01 works vastly in your favor if you (or your friends) own the trade hub?

There aren't any citadels in the game right now, they need to be built first.

I have no idea how broker fees in SovNullSec-outposts work, for all I know someone could just have changed the fee in his outpost to 54% to gently caress him over

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

Those 'other people' are wrong.

Thinking about this, people complained about shield-battleships getting hosed over by bombers, my bad.

But still, I also remember people claiming shield-capitals were bad for some reason. Was that just the Phoenix because of it using capital missiles?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so guys is citadels out yet

how many have we made so far

No, but I encountered my first abnormal runtime-error.

The game crashed just after undocking from a trade-hub.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

ME research is nearly useless on medium citidels, even with multiple runs.

I'm guessing ME research is more a thing for the structure-components you need for the citadels.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

All those bpos were already seeded months ago.

poo poo, completely forgot about that

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey I need some quick help with my maths - given that a cloaking device targeting delay is above 10 seconds, and the only way to keep a titan tackled in lowsec (barring 50 interceptors) is a focused hictor point, is it reasonably safe to jump a super into a lowsec system with a few not-on-grid hostiles if the super is able to do a 10 second warp to a pos?

This is assuming you're in a safe that takes 10s to warp to from every celestial and you jump the instant you light the cyno

e2: and you confirm there are no active probes out

With two T2 Targeting System Stabilizers, the delay is more like 7,4. If you want to live in interesting times, go for it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SperginMcBadposter posted:

How does this multiply isk? https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident
I read over it twice and I still don't get how this does anything for him.

It's basically a huge scam using the skill margin trading and CCP's shoddy programming.

If you do it right, you get PLEX for free and whoever tried selling it to you gets a middlefinger

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SperginMcBadposter posted:

I thought buy orders just get cancelled if there isn't enough money to pay the seller. So it cancels the order and gives the buyer the item anyways?

Huh. Looks like I didn't really understand how this works either, others have explained how it works far better.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fix Lag posted:

Whole grain mustard is amazing and if you haven't tried it you're missing out.

CainFortea posted:

Mustard is for hot dogs. That is all. And it should be French's Yellow Mustard. Anything else is some hipster poo poo that tastes like rear end and is meant only to show how cool you are.

Sorry, but mustard has to be green or it makes me ill. But yeah, mustard is great for salami and sausages, like ketchup is for chicken and mayonnaise for fries. :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

I mean- if her end goal is still the same, applying to a PL Corp requires you to publicly post all your alts (along with their eve-board/zkill pages) anyway.

Really don't know why this is such a huge deal.

What if someones uses time limited APIs, would that lead to some trouble down the road when all the posted APIs with their alts just turn off? Or is it a case of one-time-only showing your alts and nobody cares of what happens a year later?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

basically no organization lets you use a limited-time API, as they rely on being able to verify your poo poo as long as you're part of the org

evilweasel posted:

You can cancel an api as soon as you leave, but every corp that checks them will remember what the alt names were.

Thanks! It's always interesting to here how player organizations are handling this kind of stuff.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Honestly if you're so hellbent on preserving the privacy of information contained in your API key you're probably not well suited for the nullsec lifestyle and should probably stick to high sec pubbie things.

Or you could just secretly transfer the characters you don't want to be found to other, separate accounts and then just "forget" about them. Hell, or you use the other account to join with your corps' mortal enemies. Then you decide which one is the spy-account based on your mood that day.

At least that's what I would be doing. Eh, gently caress it I'd probably spy on both sides at the same time just to see how long I could do this

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am having the greatest time flying right now and I cannot believe my eyes!

It's true, EVE is a pretty game.

The last one is what you see when you die, by the way. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

Genuine question -- does anyone think that there's room for a no-politics-allowed "Eve game mechanics" thread?

This thread is rotting garbage, but the chill thread is too silly for me. I just want to let my mental encyclopedia loose and legit discuss ship/mod balance and talk spreadsheets without a bunch of d-names making ten different single-sentence posts and spamming static in every page.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Sure, rolling past ten lines of "Jerk detected!" makes it easy to keep up with this thread, but sometimes I'd rather like to read something about EVE in the EVE thread. :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am sad for the thread again. I had fun last night at the movies and thought I'd have a lot of great posts to read the next day but good grief.

Don't be sad! Just become more cynical every time this happens. After a certain treshold of cynicism is breached, even this thread will look enjoyable again.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DiggityDoink posted:

Don't try to turn his virginal mysticism of the game into bitterness. He's the one think that keeps this thread from turning into one massive hatefuck.

Don't worry, I'm from the Light-Hearted School of Cynicism. You can be full of love and be a cynic!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

But if racism and doxxing are verboten, what will Unfunny Poster post about? :ohdear:

Hopefully transform into his alter ego, Funny Poster

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is so cute. :3:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Some neat pictures from W-Space:

Just some pretty lights.

A Sleeper drone, just doing its thing.

A flock of Sleepers.

Weird Sleeper-structure.

I can't remember seeing screenshots of this thing, it's apparently a Sleeper battleship.

Better view of the Sleeper-battleship.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am trying a different method of getting down there. It's not simple.

ALSO I am now in a shuttle called Dust :)

My first excursion into Null was me taking a Stabber into the Wild Lands just to see how far I could get. After 20+ jumps I ended in a gate camp I couldn't run through.

Wait, I actually did run through, I was just stupid enough to turn back and try fighting the assault frigate following me. That didn't turn out as well as I had hoped

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nessin posted:

Real talk, I didn't even know pings would generate a sound. First thing I do when installing any new piece of software, Pidgin included, is turn off all sounds because they're almost always annoying and pointless.

I'm kind of the opposite. When I install something, I tend to first switch on all sounds to see which ones are bad and which ones I can live with, then I slowly weed out the bad ones over 1-2 months of time.

My IRC-program (Nettalk) has a really loud and obnoxious gong whenever I get a private message or even just when my name is mentioned. I guess that would drive you mad pretty fast. :v:

Helicon One posted:

The problem with Fozzie is that he was up to his eyeballs in Alliance Tournament poo poo for years and so is convinced that Eve should be all about AT style honourable smallgang gudfites and that if you don't agree then you're sandboxing wrong and need to be punished.

Ironically, as someone who prefers Solo-PVP and doesn't like working with other people (when fighting, for some reason it's really hard for me to not just start shooting whoever is on grid with me, there were some nasty near-accidents when I started Faction Warfare, for example), most of his "punishments" didn't really look that bad. Of course I realize I'm probably the worst to talk about this with my attitude of SSASSM (Shoot, shoot and shoot some more) when I'm doing PVP. I'm not really the type to combine fighting and thinking, is what I'm getting at here.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

-Troika- posted:

Actual solo PVP, or the kind of "solo PVP" where you have link alts and a rep carrier on standby for if you start losing?

It may be an unpopular opinion, but solo PVP is one character, one player. No alts, no links. Everything more is what I would call "really small gang PVP".

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

frozenpussy posted:

It's as if your redtext is accurate and you do things like state your opinions as fact

Yeah, that's why I started with saying it's only my opinion. :rolleyes:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Olpainless posted:

Weren't they ridiculously expensive skills at one point (i don't recall, but I seem to think in the 3-400m mark), though, at booster release and for a good amount of time afterwards? WIthout them side effects suck and were pretty common, and most people would balk at the cost of the skillbooks, so I imagine there's a bit of a continued impression of drugs being terrible because of that.

I might be completely wrong on this though.

One of the two skills is still incredibly expensive, the second one costs a lot less since people need the first one as prerequisite. That reduces the demand for the second skill somewhat. Also I guess the second skill is less rare? I'm bad with markets.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

I use all of those, for one fleet comp or another.

Quafe Zero is the silliest drug. How does a capsuleer even use Quafe? Does he inject space cola directly into his vein from his capsule, or is he enjoying a fresh beverage inside, literally holding a can of Quafe Zero in his hand? I mean the picture looks a little bit like those sports bottles for drinking when running/biking. I could imagine a pilot grabbing a bottle of space cola and then carefully putting the nozzle-thing inside his mouth, so he can drink refreshing Quafe Zero, without accidentally swallowing his ectoplasm.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bilirubin posted:

I think its more like a can of Dew: you pop the top, pound it in one gulp, scream "arrrrrgggghhhh rrrraaaaawwwwwwrrrrrr" while you crush the can against your forehead, then toss it in a random direction while tearing off your shirt.

Probably in slo-mo, because of all that goo around you. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

To be fair, when my kid can learn to check local and press about 6 buttons every 30min, I'll have him null ratting whenever he isn't in school.

4 sites + loot buys you dinner.
Faction spawn buys you desert.
DED site gets you a letter in your real father's name.

Sounds pefect. If you want your kids to run away from home.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I have yes. I loved it and found it fascinating! If there was a large repository I could read of all events then I would probably sit down with it and become absolutely engrossed. I'd also be in a much better place to judge things than the stumbling around here I currently do.

What I can tell you about the some of the posters in this thread (just off the top of my head) are as follows:

Deadtear was once in GSF and very high up. He isn't anymore and is one of our veterans.

Xolve plays for PL I believe. Is also one of our veterans.

Zephyrine used to be in GSF as a trusted mover of equipment and now plays for PL. Doing the same stuff I am not sure.

Kismesus is another currently active player. I think in SNIGG. He gave me a ton of advice in game which was seriously awesome.

Syndic Thrass is old school GSF and was once mocked a lot and now is accepted? (I get that feel from his posts/words and current attitudes).

Mysterious Thing is Xenuria GSF and he is not allowed to post in EVE threads.

Frozenpuzzy (I hate typing that name!) is an artistic goon who plays for the TDB guys and has a crazy rig going.

Dalael is a PL player (I think) and also loves Canadian politics.

Endie is the old school GSF thread maker/historian. Currently plays for BAT.

Many D names are disliked because they are from Reddit and only post here to gloat (I think - I am not sure.)

Carth Dookie distanced himself from the D names, while Paco Vato embraced them and a 30 day probation. Both of which I am unsure who they play for.

Ullerm is one of the most chill posters and knows all there is to know about ship fittings.

Avatarwin (Globby) and DisgracelandUSA (Boney) know the honourable ways of high sec mining in CODE.

Numismancer is Mittens, head of GSF.

Darius Johnson was once head of GSF and he currently has TDB instead.

There are many others I am sure my mind is forgetting and I apologise. I am phone posting because my work blocks HTTPS.

As a poster from the mil hist and ancient history threads, I feel the need to add:

Dalael: Thinks Atlantis is in Bolivia

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Divine Blob posted:

Until now I never realized how much effort has been put into finding Atlantis or looking for it. I thought it was just a fictional tale, I didn't think people actually put this much time and effort into hypothesizing potential locations and such.

You have Dalael here, thinking Atlantis was in South America is the "least crazy" theory. But he isn't alone with being dumb about this, I have a book on my desk about the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest and towards the end there's a map of Northern Germany showing every claim someone made, good or bad, about the place the battle was fought on. And surprise, surprise, people across the entire map have made claims, most of them baseless. Of course if you go and argue with those locals, you look like an rear end in a top hat and make everyone mad, so the author just explains the facts and moves on the small handful of actually probable sites, like Kalkriese.

Now if you remove actual archaeology and history from the equation because Atlantis was made up instead of a real place, you end up with people finding signs all over the entire world. After all it's quite convenient how something which does not exist doesn't have any pesky facts to counter insane claims.

You could argue Atlantis was inspired by some real place the author heard about to make some sort of political/philosophical argument using this fictional place, but that doesn't loving mean the inspiration was in Bolivia. We discussed this to death in the actual history thread, but Dalael only took "You CRAZY!!!!" from this, ignoring all arguments.

And it's not about shame, Dalael. You made it clear you don't feel shame, after all. But this thing always brings a smile to my face whenever I see you posting, since your believe in Bolivian Atlantis may be insane, but it's the harmless and funny kind of insanity. And I can tolerate that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

Normally you spar with someone intellectually and get a sense of their grey matter, but if you are arguing about Atlantis it should tell you some things from the start including one or two things about yourself.

Strangely enough, I think if he had thought about that line of reasoning himself, we would have just stopped engaging with him and he would have won the argument by default

Elsa posted:

Wait nevermind, Atlantis was a Disney movie. I take back what I said.

Too late

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Some time ago I used Pyfa to fit out a Chimera, just for fun. I wanted to see how much DPS you could squeeze out of it after the patch. But as someone who has never looked at carriers before, I learned to my surprise Pyfa doesn't show fighter DPS. Or does it and I'm missing something completely obvious? I don't know. :shrug:

Can you use Pyfa to show Carrier DPS? Or do I need a completely different program if I don't want to go to Sisi and fit one myself?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Reverand maynard posted:

you have to right click on the fighters and set which abilities the fighters have active

Thanks! Another dumb question: Some fighters, like the Templars, have multiple attack abilities. Are those fighters able to use both turret and missile attacks at the same time? Or can a fighter only use one weapon at a time?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

Fighters can use both weapons at the same time.

Fighters each have 3 abilities, for the main dps fighters you have a main turret attach, that auto cycles on a short cool down, a mwd that significantly increases speed for about 10s on a 60s cool down, and a missile attack that does significantly more damage, but is on about a 20 second cool down and only carries 8 charges, once those have been used the fighter needs to return to the carrier to reload if you want to continue using the missile attack.

Wow, carriers really are Homeworld now. I like it. But in truth, I don't know if I could deal with carriers when actually playing, I tend to get impatient with battleships already. Though I confess this pseudo-RTS poo poo is really tempting me.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

Umm. My datacore agents stop after a month and send me a mail to say there's been a problem. I turn up and have to restart the datacore accrual.

You only get that message if they want you to run a mission for some extra points. You can just ignore those and let the RP roll in normally. Also you can get that message every day if you continue to run the missions: The reason is you can only run one mission per agent per day, so you get notified if that timer runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Can someone give me a compelling reason why, if they hated the daily SP thing? I'm at 200m SP and I still rather liked the free SP, and it was super nice on my low SP alts, but a lot of people met the design choice with vitrol.

I know :ccp: is removing it next patch, but just wanted opinions. Also they're intensifying carrier micro, which is annoying, as they already require more micro to fly well than anything else in game.

I would have liked if there were dailies for non-killing. Like, 10k SP per day if I start a new job for my industry alt, or for scanning down and running a relic site. They even promised this, so I'm kind of confused about why they're rolling back their half-assed thing before they even properly implemented it.

Man, by now I should be accustomed to CCP vomiting out half-measures, then limply staggering back. It's like I never learn

• Locked thread