Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Who says hole squad's dead :unsmith:

Nobody worth listening to.

I'm basically done purging the dead weight (except myself yuk yuk yuk) and we have plans for the future that include killing nerds and living the sqwid life, which should be more widely announced soon(tm), so yeah, we good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wyatt Derp posted:

Gods with dreadlocks, sunglasses and a nice leather jacket

Gods who will self destruct their entire ship just to get home faster.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

April Fool posted:

My bet is the first citadels will be set up in j-space.

Very likely.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hey :ullerrm:

Whats the new hotness fit for a Naglfar in a high angle environment? I want one for wormhole defense and dropping on basically everything that comes through. Not in a c5 or c6 so i don't have to worry about getting countered by other capitals. The current fit I have is pre citadels and uses an active armour tank and has the mids full of sensor boosters, tracking enhancers and a target painter, which seems a bit redundant now. So what do you recommend?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xolve posted:

Buy a Rev.

Embrace your new 8-Low Slot, Purple Laser Jesus

Eventually I will, but for the time being its Naglfars I'm interested in.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:rip:

Who'd you annoy?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Not too bad. Tech 2 rigs aren't outrageously expensive (65mill each) but the guns are 850m each. So yeah might need to wait a bit.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

Came back and mined for about 3 hours before eating a suicide gank. I don't care about money and it's within the rules so it's whatever, fair play, I'm just kinda hoping Videogames doesn't get jumped similarly upon reaching mining barges.

My pvp guy can do all kinds of t2 stuff but I pretty much just want to fly around in something like a navitas or scythe, are there any goon groups suited for this?

Is upgrading your clone no longer a thing?

I kind of hope he does get ganked because according to CCP, those who get violenced early tend to stick around longer. Gank VG if you love him. :3:

Also yes, clones are dead (and good riddance).

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Also rename the sqwidadel Fhloston Paradise god dammit Dod I shouldn't even have to say this. :argh:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Deadtear, I forgot what PunGate was about. What was it about?

Him putting Kesper back in his gimp box and Sion overreacting.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

I finished my work on said lawn before I went. God the work never ended.

:rip: you.

Shoulda joined hole squad. :smith:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

I love hole squad but I'm not bittervet enough to retire in there.

Hey we are only a game preserve for SOME guys on their way to flaming out of the alliance, not all of them. Kismeeter and endie never joined, for example. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

F

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That blacklist is weaksauce and I hope that once the dust has settled sense prevails if you want to come back down the track in some low level capacity.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I expect that its not significantly different from the Kremlin thing we've got now.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

The kind of degenerates who understand that Ketchup makes everything taste better.

This is worse than your Atlantis bullshit.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dalael posted:

Deny it all you want. But ketchup is one of the best condiment and definitely beats the poo poo out of mustard. Any day of the week.

There is a restaurant in my city where if you had the audacity to ask for ketchup on your steak the other patrons would hold you down while the chef was summoned to ground down your tongue to a stump with a cheese grater, and it would be just and right with the law.

An inferior slab of meat that requires condiments like ketchup to make it edible is not a steak.

An "adequate" steak may have a peppercorn or Diane sauce, or possibly a marinade to enhance it.

The best requires no seasoning at all.

Do not start about rare versus well done. There is a sliding scale of thoroughness, of which the acceptable upper limit is "still slightly pink."

Any more than that and you might as well eat a doormat.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 5, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

look at all these bitch babies crying over how another man eats

Men do not eat steak with ketchup.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The last 10 pages have been bad and I feel bad for having read them. Aside from Weasel's realtalk. That's good. More of that please.

To sweeten the air a little have this:

https://zkillboard.com/br/76257/

Nothing special about it or anything, except that its the first time I have had a chance to do actual hole stuff for a while and it was nice to actually be out in space murdering things with my friends instead of reading the daytime soap opera that is this thread.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Despera posted:

Don't ask for it then

I'm absolutely certain that no one worth listening to has asked you to post here.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

What magic recruitment formula did horde crack to get all these people that karmafleet didn't? And then to keep them afterwards.

They recruit literally anybody and offer them a chance to be pointed at Goons in a vaguely organised fashion. Karmafleet means not shooting goons and requires at least the bare minimum effort to show you aren't going to gently caress us over. :ms:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

you actually sort of owe it to ITL to make some amends there.

:laffo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Breaking Endie's streak to save him from VG's wrath.

I gotchu fam. Try to restrain your rebellious Scottish spirit.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Krogort posted:

Beside cyno what interesting role can you fulfill with a 5mp SP alt ?

You could probably make a decent combat astero for hunting other explorers and could definitely make a gank catalyst pilot for miniluv shenanigans.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Endie posted:

Yeah, that's what I suppose I was trying to say. Despera may be wrong most of the time but white noise posting was ironic when I could get a Markov chain bot to create deadtear's responses to him and have it pass the Turing test out the box.

Where is Swit when you need him? (Or possibly it?)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Krogort posted:

Is there some other source of news that isn't full of garbage meme, poo poo propaganda and killmails in triplicate?

Not really, no.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

Babby's first citadel abortion. Hi Groon!

Did hole squad kill the citadel?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yaaaaaaaasssss. :circlefap:

Good work I'm both happy it went well and super pissed that I'm at work when it happened. :smith:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ScreamingLlama posted:

neener neener you lost deklein

useless fuckholes the lot of you

at least anti-gankers are trying, goons aren't doing poo poo because mittens is too busy having a mental breakdown

Welcome back! I'd say we missed you but lies of kindness are still lies.

How many miniluv ganks can you prove you thwarted since the war started?

Answer: zero :ssh:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

As the guy who ran the majority of the platoons when things were active I can assure you we never got official support from El Jefe past his initial broadcast or two. Every week we'd hear "the big push is probably this weekend" and then nothing ever happened--until the war happened, and Eve Online was suddenly interesting to play again. Plus, Planetside 2 is free. In fact, it was originally the game we were all going to show up in instead of H1Z1, but then whatever Sony group it was running the thing sold it/went under/was closed, and it wasn't until recently that Daybreak and Mittens and Co. got together and worked out a promo deal for some cosmetic crap in exchange for getting more players into the game.

So no, the Planetside 2 push has been very different. And by different I mean it died in infancy.

The Planetside thing was much more of a "hey, here's a thing to do while EVE is down/boring" rather than something that was pushed like H1Z1 was. I heard from up the chain that it was a deliberate decision to do it that way since Mittens/upper directorate didn't want to make the same move (mistake?) they made promoting H1Z1.

TBH being directorate can blow at times. There's a reason there's a memorial service (:rip:) when someone gets sucked in. I'm not illum I'm just a low nobody corp director and even at my level there's a poo poo ton of situations where you're hosed if you do and hosed if you don't. Doesn't seem to matter what choice you make, someone is going to be mad at you. I can only imagine its several orders of magnitude worse in illum/star chamber proper if you want to do a good job and just do the best you can for your guys.

As for Planetside 2, its an ok game and I'd be cool with playing with hole violence/gsf guys from time to time its just that EVE has been more interesting recently and I've been busy. That, and I have the usual problem of there nobody being on in AUTZ on our server. :shrug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh my God shut up.

Ask bigbillthaboss how many times he's been told to shut up. It's a thing that happens to terrible word salad posters.

Also I really rather doubt anyone literally hates you. It's a frigging game/forum and mustering the energy to actually hate someone over it is ridiculous. As you said, no one knows anything about you except what you post and if they really do hate you because of that (doubtful) then there's something wrong with them.

That's not to say that there's nothing wrong with you either because God drat do you get lost in your own bullshit. Make the EN thread and stick to spaceship stuff here. Yeesh.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean we have a few "Cancers that are killing the alliance" but paco vato isn't on the list. He's just a hepdd quality poster.

EDIT: I mean to say, you get made fun of because you are a sperg. There are people posting in this thread that literally hate my guts and I don't lose any sleep over it.

I hate you for losing your rapping rhino avatar and for yelling at me when I didn't have a bomb in my Manticore when I joined top goon as a newbee 3 years ago and I let that shield gang get away because of it. My feewings dude. :arghfist::saddowns:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

please stop taking whatever cumshit cocktail you're left with at the end of a long hard night and tossing it in this thread. no one wants to read a loving 5 paragraph essay proving you have loving godawful opinions

He should follow your example and cram all his poo poo opinions into a couple of lines.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It starts out pretty dull but the twist is great. :five:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xolve posted:

CFC totally didn't out number Raiden in Vale, White Noise in Branch, IRC in Tenal, or NC. in Tribute, right?

We probably did and that's probably a contributing factor to why they all got rolled and died. What's your point?

MBC may nuke all of goonswarm sov, and you might even sit around the north in your supers for a while waiting for us to creep back in. Eventually though, you'll leave for greener pastures just like every other time the fights run dry or otherwise not to your liking. The MBC will declare victory and gently caress off eventually. What a lot of people on both sides don't seem to get is that when that happens, that's not the war over, that's the bell ringing on round 1.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Massasoit posted:

You so sure about that?

Yup.

Sooner or later, we'll get it back. Next month? Probably not. Next 6 months? Maybe. Next year? Eh. My point is that we'll be back. The timeline doesn't matter.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Heeeeey way to include all of Section 8 in that tally.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah uh who the gently caress are the renters and who are the random rear end tiny shitbird member corps or alt corps

im actually asking, i can't tell

It really doesn't matter.

(I can't tell either)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ban all d- posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Except me obviously.

• Locked thread