Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Endie posted:

An impressive ability to miss the point, but I'm struggling to state it in simpler terms: the imperium won't recover its sov when it gets ADMs low enough that it can sneakily set a few timers. It'll retake its sov - assuming that happens, which I do - when the balance of forces is sufficient that it doesn't matter if there are a few more minutes to hang around on grid, because they'll kill whatever comes along to try and disrupt enotosing. At that point, as happened in the first part of the war in the other direction, they'll contest a couple of timers then the opposition will gently caress off and the rest will be a dawdle.

Edit: as deadtear said, what I was saying about swordfleets is that they're about keeping people logging in. Not logging in is habit forming.

Agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I've gone on a couple of Boat fleets recently and had a blast.
Was a bit wary at first since I'm an old fart that can't handle too much ADD and basically the only thing I remember from my first time playing in 2013 was a hyped up DBRB yelling in my ear before I warped and died.

Just fit the insta warp stuff, zone out with some music, follow his warps semi AFK and hit F1, the good life.

Got in on 50ish KMs yesterday which is about 40% of my total kills.

Also Space Violent is pretty active these days with small gang PVP, I highly recommend it if you are into that sort of stuff.

nex fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 3, 2016

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

; sometimes, it's a soundcloud of Gobbins yelling at a phorde FC that just got bombed, telling him that he's not allowed to FC feroxes anymore and is restricted to frigate fleets until further notice.

Care to share?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Minrad posted:

did goons lose eve or did you guys get your poo poo back or did you say gently caress it and go back to delve

lost space, still fighting, not to late to join GSF :)

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
What planetside 2 thing? Never heard of it.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I was a wee week old newbie in early April and even I got the message that I needed to move all my crap to Sarannanaen, so :shrug:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I find it funny that people who jump ship as soon as the going gets tough suddenly have all the answers on what GSF should have done or should do.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Horde has it a lot tougher than GSF right now

"going gets boring" might have been more accurate but the reality is more akin to

"going got really creepy and overly serious in the old internet space guild and I didn't want to support it any more"

To be fair I'm a casual follower of the thread and I don't really remember your spesific reasons for leaving, perhaps your could summarize?
The posts you have made lately that I have noticed are typical fair weather friend bullshit that I've seen many times before in other settings, but I would always be wrong.

And lol if you think PH is having it hard compared to GSF being outnumbered and outgunned in every way.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Oh look, 80 new posts maybe something interesting happe..... :yikes:

I miss Paco already

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all the quality stories on the last few pages, really interesting read for a newbie who knows almost nothing about the history of the game.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of alliance tickers, where does CONDI come from?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

jm20 posted:

Condiment

to elaborate. Epsilon squad :rip: had a squad leader, Condiment.

Hm, interesting - is there any spesific reason for picking his name as alliance ticker?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Wait what, I joined sigma and I think I can count on one hand the times I've seen people talk about EVE on jabber
Perhaps I didnt join all the channels?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

If you're online and in the squad and can see the forums and are in the group you should get pings from me and we definitely talk about playing eve when it's not being consumed by weedchat with Thuneral.

Unless you're a Euro or maybe an Aussie. Then yeah, I can see why you say this.

I found it now, its a TZ thing and me being an idiot :-)

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
wait, bluegoon is retard behind the psyops thread as well?

lmao

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
well, tbf the psyops OP was pretty funny but you should have revealed the joke and moved on instead of pushing it

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

Wasn't voat the reddit spin-off created because reddit shut down creepshots and jailbait?

"freespeech" and what not?

Yes, its pretty bad over there. Mostly people too creepy for reddit, which is scary in itself.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I have taken up exploration on my alt to see some different sides of Eve outside of GoonWaffe PVP.
It's really thrilling to zoom around the galaxy, dodging bads while hacking sites, jumping in worm holes and seeing where I end up. Found a worm hole in Derelik that took me to outer Tenal in one jump. I don't really care about the making ISK part, that is just a nice bonus and adds to the excitement of trying to make it back with a good haul.

Currently moved into Thera (wow!) and scanning down exits to see where they take me next!

Everyone should try exploration atleast once, imo. :)

Question: is Tripwire "safe" to use or will terrible nerds use it to spy down my 2 mill newbie ship?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
No, sounds pretty dumb imo.
Space priests should always be encouraged.

If you go for osprey then one shield and one armor t2 frig you should be pretty golden with current doctrines.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to read the rest!

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

The ends do not justify the means. In this case turning the art form of cooking meat into "watered plastic bag machine"

This is a very uninformed opinion. Do you think sous vide is popular because the chefs are lazy?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
This guy auto piloted into a 140 man fleet, nice

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54814575/

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I was burning like mad to snag the Skill Injector, but was beaten :(

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

harlyq posted:

So with all this talk about food anyone got a good mac and cheese or baked mac and cheese recipe? Yes you can use grey goey paste supposedly called steak. Just looking for new ideas.

Funny you ask, saw this thing posted yesterday on reddit (boo hisss)

Mac & Cheese with smoked gouda, fontina and scallions
https://i.imgur.com/0R3mj6B.gifv

nex fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 27, 2016

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
drat, that seems like a epic battle.

Wish I was there to whore with my maulus :gerty:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
#freebluegoon imo

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

whys xolve and anyone else talking to the actual crazy retard swede who argues that flashback is a normal forum for normal people

it is, or was last time i checked

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_Media_Group

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I've been trying to lure my friends into playing this terrible game with me and finally someone took the bait.

Is 21 days the best trial offer right now? I see 30 days mentioned but that seems to be out of date.

Reply quick before he realizes what he's getting into, tia!

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you make him a buddy account, he gets 21 days free. If he subs using real money, you get the choice between 1 PLEX and 30 days of game time for free. If he subs using plex, you get 30 days of game time for free.

Thus, if you know you're going to sub your account using PLEX, sub his buddy account, he'll get 51 days and you'll get the 30 days you were going to get anyway from subbing your account with PLEX.

I do this basically any time any one of my friends expresses interest in playing Eve. They never last though :smith:

Thanks for the guide! I have a spare PLEX so good idea to send him that if he sticks around.
I doubt he will last, but what are friends for if you can't encourage them to make poor life decisions?

Now to motivate him to do his Karmafleet application so we can take over the universe together, apparently getting questions about API keys and other nerd poo poo makes people close the tab :confused:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

The one piece of advice on getting RL (or internet) friends to play Eve: You're going to have to babysit them and play content provider for a bit. Someone who picks up Eve at the recommendation of someone else isn't going to have the motivation at first to make their own fun, or realize what fleets to join or avoid or really what to do at all when they log in.

I helped my friends with it as much as possible, but space job sometimes prohibits me from dropping everything to hand hold them when they log in. The more you can do this, I think the longer they will stay with it.

Good points and duly noted., thanks.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Welp, was hoping for some posts about that cool fight with NC. and its all internet-lawyers arguing over international gambling law...

For content ill post this BR:
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=1442&b=7106065&e=56&t=e

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

They might be coming back in an hour over another pos should be interesting

You were not wrong, I stayed up late too see if something happened and boy oh boy! Still high on adrenaline from space priesting and looking at my broadcast window for 1 hour :catdrugs:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Valve has concluded on CS:GO gambling, it went as expected:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

Followed by Twitch:
https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-and-third-party-terms-of-service-and-user-agreements-b9827599e0fc#.qpznk1cn8

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
The saying is "one feather becomes five hens" and it originates from a H.C Andersen tale.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

No the saying is "Att göra en höna av en fjäder" (to make a hen from a feather) and it refers to an event growing "greater" with every retelling.

I never read into origin but that's how we use it.

Well, in the superior nordic countries say it my way :smug:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Skill injectors is the only reason I survived the EVE experience this time, if I would have been stuck flying Atrons the entire war I would have quit a long time ago.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Good, I just finished scanning skills on my alt to spread the luv in Jita..

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Sad to see EXE not join us down in Delve, met some cool members there in my short time playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Care to explain what the above discussion means to a newbie?

If I´m not mistaken you guys are in PL, is life in Hakonen that dull?

• Locked thread