Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

a tragedy to be sure but GBS is talking about fat shaming today

Just today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Serious Frolicking posted:

he was a black child in baltimore. it would be incredibly strange if he didnt run from the police, given the baltimore pd's documented enthusiasm for shooting black children. the bb gun just gave them the vague excuse necessary to shoot him in the back. carrying a gun is not a crime punishable by death, carrying a toy gun is not a crime at all and it would never have happened to a white kid.

I do not know about Baltimore but carrying an airsoft gun is some kind of crime here in NYC. Kind of understandable as muggers use them frequently. Or if they are in a group have one real gun but have everyone else carry fake ones.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goo0d luck america! hoping things will be ok and there won't be more shootings

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
also IMHO the police shouldnt shoot so many people! They sound quite dangerous!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

final2percent posted:

i guess play time's ... over

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Will this be on the next season of The Wire?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

deep impact on vhs posted:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/04/27/city-police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting/

apparently it happened during an event meant to mark the one year anniversary of the riots after freddie gray's death, too

baltimore is gonna burn to the ground, just watch

thats sad and awful. I am going to sound like a massive dick but the kid shouldn't have run. I get why he did run and the officer is still a stupid rear end in a top hat for shooting him. idk everything is poo poo.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
"He's running! Fight your boners, fellow officers, and open fire!"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
maybe we should resegregate the south, never heard about this kinda stuff happening in the news back then, right?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Uh,

yeah, the fact it was actually a bb gun is pretty immaterial.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Like if he's running away why shoot, like if the kid turned and aimed at them as a joke you would have to say well that was the joke that killed you, shithead but if hes running away it seems like more of a chase him situation. I don't get yankees.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Who still sells/makes toys that look like that? Why are people suing gun companies when a product sold legally to children indirectly causes their death?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Germstore posted:

Uh,

yeah, the fact it was actually a bb gun is pretty immaterial.

Yes, make excuses for el puerco. That's going to get them to back down off of killing minorities.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i wish it had been a real gun and i wish it fired bullets into cops

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I'm not saying the cop should have shot, but the fact it was actually a toy is irrelevant.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Sphinxster posted:

Yes, make excuses for el puerco. That's going to get them to back down off of killing minorities.

Seriously. They should have known that was just a toy gun

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Who still sells/makes toys that look like that? Why are people suing gun companies when a product sold legally to children indirectly causes their death?

The Chinee make and sell em so probably cant sure the companies. I've got a pretty realistic looking airsoft gun that would probaly get me shot by the police even though im white.

luckily instead of running around with it out in the streets i leave it in a drawer and just take it out to shoot at the drat pigeons that keep laying eggs on my balcony when they come by...

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i wish it had been a real gun and i wish it fired bullets into cops

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ScratchAndSniff posted:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Brand-New-Imitation-Sniper-Toy-Gun_1875609030.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.mqcykw

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

quote:

This comes just days after it was announced that the city of Cleveland will pay $6 million to settle the lawsuit filed by the family of 12-year-old Tamir Rice, who was shot and killed by an officer in that city in 2014. Rice was playing with a pellet gun at the time.

well at least there's some justice

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

he was a black child in baltimore. it would be incredibly strange if he didnt run from the police, given the baltimore pd's documented enthusiasm for shooting black children. the bb gun just gave them the vague excuse necessary to shoot him in the back. carrying a gun is not a crime punishable by death, carrying a toy gun is not a crime at all and it would never have happened to a white kid.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/10/27/prosecutor-wont-charge-cop-who-killed-white-teen-zachary-hammond

Sometimes cops are so dumb they will even shoot white kids!!!

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks

Goofballs posted:

Like if he's running away why shoot, like if the kid turned and aimed at them as a joke you would have to say well that was the joke that killed you, shithead but if hes running away it seems like more of a chase him situation. I don't get yankees.

Courts have determined lethal force is justified if a (presumably) armed person is fleeing because they could just be going for a better position or something. If the kid had dropped the "gun" it would have been more dicey, unless they had reason to suspect he had another gun.

Yanks live in a country where guns are everywhere, so police have the benefit of the doubt in a lot of situations. Limiting access to guns needs to happen before we can safely downgrade police responses to potential threats.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hopefully the kid has learned his lesson.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nooner posted:

The Chinee make and sell em so probably cant sure the companies. I've got a pretty realistic looking airsoft gun that would probaly get me shot by the police even though im white.

luckily instead of running around with it out in the streets i leave it in a drawer and just take it out to shoot at the drat pigeons that keep laying eggs on my balcony when they come by...

Same, my dad bought me an airsoft pistol when i was younger and the thing looks like a real .357. at least from a distance.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

quote:

Much of her letter, in fact, is dedicated to Hammond’s life outside of the incident, alleging he had dealt drugs and describing him as having the word “Outlaw” tattooed on his arm.

sounds like a justified shoot obv

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
is this like dangling a string in front of a kitten's face? cops just gotta go for it?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Countdown to a relative saying he was a good kid and never did anything wrong and then his Facebook pics surface of him smoking weed and aiming the gun at the camera

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lmao this guy probably thought he was going to troll the cops and maybe get arrested and start a scene like THIS IS JUST A BEBE GUN FOOL but instead he got shot dead

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
just so nobody has to read the article, the kid didn't die

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Countdown to a relative saying he was a good kid and never did anything wrong and then his Facebook pics surface of him smoking weed and aiming the gun at the camera

ehh, he was 13. if he were 15/16 i could see those kind of pictures being a problem. I am sure the first thing will happen though. if this blows up into anything.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a 19 year old douchebag is not a 13 year old child. though tbh the kid was probably a huge rear end in a top hat too. thats just how 13 year olds are.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

He probably would have stood up a gas station so I see nothing wrong here.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's like if instead of Carl Winslow being haunted by his mistake instead he just high fived the nearest officer and went to jack off with him

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't even know if you're talking about Carl Winslow or Al Powell because both actually had traumatic police experiences although I think Carl's was not stopping someone from getting shot right?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

CharlestonJew posted:

It's like if instead of Carl Winslow being haunted by his mistake instead he just high fived the nearest officer and went to jack off with him

Holy poo poo do cops really get paid to jack off with each other? How uh...how do I become a cop? Other than like the, hating minorities part.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Airsoft kids are scum anyway. Little bastards can't help their dumb young selves from taking potshots and windows, animals and people just to see what it will do. Don't try and deny it.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
if only the bb gun had a gun

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If the boy had a real gun he would have been able to defend himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zorodius posted:

just so nobody has to read the article, the kid didn't die

ty

• Locked thread