Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
GBS,

Have you heard a pitbull attacked a baby after being triggered by a cough?

Here is the scoop from al dot com, which is what I assume is a news website: http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/04/3-day-old_infant_dies_after_be.html

quote:

A 3-day-old baby died after being bitten by a pit bull-mix in the child's San Diego, Calif. home on Thursday night.

San Diego police told the Union-Tribune that the dog was startled by the sound of the baby's mother coughing and bit the child.

The incident occurred while the parents were in bed, watching television, with their newborn son and dog.

Child abuse unit Sgt. Tu Nguyen said the parents took the baby immediately to the hospital where he died.

"At this time it appears to be a tragic accident," he said. "It's such a horrific, tragic case."

No other children were home at the time of the incident, police say.

An autopsy will be performed to confirm cause of death.

Animal Control seized the 2-year-old neutered male dog, named Polo. The dog will be quarantined for 10 days to determine if it has rabies.

If the dog isn't sick, the owners could reclaim him, according to the report.

This guy has an opinion and possibly aspergers:

First, second and third we want, need and should demand public safety and personal security.

Anything that stands in the way of this must be removed, not changed, not modified, not altered but Removed completely.

To argue in effect for breed neutral legislation that is not preemptive but reactive and dependent on responsible ownership is an oxymoron that has no purpose nor use and will not stand.

Yes Pit bull ownership going underground due to BSL would be a good thing, through this fact one would rarely encounter the owner or mutant undog and the likelihood of attack from them both would be drastically reduced into obscurity, what can't access you can't hurt you.

Having them hidden in far far smaller numbers in some basement or attic is far preferable to having the current numbers allowed to be owned where the safety of said community would be wholly dependent on the responsibility of pit bull owners when such ownership does not nor has it existed in the last 30+ years.

To think that if we merely ask and say pretty please and try to inform the pit bull owner of what his responsibilities should be that he will then undertake them is foolish, naive, and dangerous.

Their numbers will not decline, the pit bull owners will not become responsible and an ever worsening status quo will be the outcome of such viewpoints.

Most pit bull owners are fully aware of what they own, their history and capability, they just don't care nor will they.

This battle is not about semantics, it is about truth, facts and life and death, these are what need to be imparted to the general public so that they understand the reality of what the pit bull type dog is so they can react accordingly, this must be phrased in a stark black and white contrast.

Playing word games & using PR obfuscation merely distracts the public from the real core safety issue involved, in the immortal words of Joe Friday they need the facts, just the real facts mame.

The pit nutters minds can't be changed by facts or anything because they are not rational sentient beings, they are culls and a lost cause.

But facts will change and direct the silent majority to the reality of the situation and then they will do the rest for us all.

You can NOT be a responsible Lion owner in a residential suburban context, nor a responsible owner of a tiger, cougar, cobra or wolverine, to try to sell the concept that one can be a responsible pit bull type dog owner is as irrational as any of those options would be in regards to the vast % of pit bull type dogs and there owners.

Pit bull owners don't care about your right of freedom to be safe, they don't care about their obligation to be responsible and don't recognize the existence of said concept.

They will never agree to any restriction placed upon them, even a leash law, S/N law or that they undergo a basic training course with their undogs are an anathema to them, how are you going to get them to agree to really serious restrictions like insurance, muzzleing, kenneling, short lease, getting their undogs fixed and chipped, registered with photos, if you believe any of that is possible you are living in a dream world that is a fantasy that will be the death of us all.

When it comes to pit bull type dog owners you are talking about narcissistic sociopaths who don't care who don't feel, to whom you, yours and anyone is expendable whose lives have no purpose nor meaning to pit nutters.

To think that one can get them to change and accept responsibility and restrictions on their undogs for our betterment is foolish and delusional.

They don't even care about their own dogs and consider them disposable, so to think they will agree to these restrictions for their undogs sake is misguided at best.

Pit bull owners have lost their minds and never had their hearts, the only thing that will work is hard core enforcement of severe BSL unless you want the status quo expounded many times over in blood facts on the pavement.

BSL is the only solution, any breed neutral abstract application of psychology would be doomed to failure.!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sounds like it was the mother that killed the kid.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
trap life

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
when will these democratic police stop fat-shaming pit bulls?

chili

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
sterilize all pitbulls (esp the singer)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Has anyone asked Sting if he approves of banning this sick filth?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IMO, this wouldn't have happened if the kid had a gun.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Does it smell like undog in here?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

HoboZero posted:

Does it smell like undog in here?

more like updog ask me about it

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

fyodor posted:

more like updog ask me about it

I was typing it but someone sneezed on TV so I spontaneously devoured a baby and lost my train of thought. Tarnation them babies are distracting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

pit bulls are the best environmentalists in the world since they enjoy killing babies.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

quote:

The pit nutters minds can't be changed by facts or anything because they are not rational sentient beings,they are culls and a lost cause.

Pit bull owners don't care about your right of freedom to be safe, they don't care about their obligation to be responsible and don't recognize the existence of said concept.

They will never agree to any restriction placed upon them, even a leash law, S/N law or that they undergo a basic training course with their undogs are an anathema to them, how are you going to get them to agree to really serious restrictions like insurance, muzzleing, kenneling, short lease, getting their undogs fixed and chipped, registered with photos, if you believe any of that is possible you are living in a dream world that is a fantasy that will be the death of us all.

When it comes to pit bull type dog owners you are talking about narcissistic sociopaths who don't care who don't feel, to whom you, yours and anyone is expendable whose lives have no purpose nor meaning to pit nutters.

Pit bull owners have lost their minds and never had their hearts, the only thing that will work is hard core enforcement of severe BSL unless you want the status quo expounded many times over in blood facts on the pavement.

Sounds just like Lowtax, imho!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
when somethin happens in south central baltimore....

NOTHIN HAPPENS IN SOUTH CENTRAL BALTIMORE

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It must be a tough decision when you know the baby's dead because your pit bull just killed it but if you don't take it to the hospital it's more likely that the police will charge you for it but you know the hospital is going charge you a fuckload of money even though the baby is already dead and you don't have insurance because you're a pit bull owner.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

:lol: good dog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

only white people are capable of properly training pit bulls

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

only white people are capable of properly training pit bulls

only white people are capable of saving decaying urban neighborhoods.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I am a dog racist

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
it sounds like pit bulls are statistically significantly more aggressive than other dogs, but maybe that's because the people who own them are typically assholes?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Zorodius posted:

it sounds like pit bulls are statistically significantly more aggressive than other dogs, but maybe that's because the people who own them are typically assholes?

Maybe the truth is at either end.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
san diego made the news!

that article doesn't mention but the family tried twice to call 911 and phone records show after 30'ish seconds each time no one ever picked up, so they gave up and drove the kid to a hospital themselves where he was DOA

while it is unlikely that those 60 seconds plus dispatch of trained first responders would have saved the baby's life, the fact that none of SDs emergency management ever even touched the case is causing some serious shouting at the local level.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
hey sd goon, according to wikipedia, mira mesa is "ethnically diverse". would you agree with that statement? is it a white/filipino/vietnamese/mexican trash area?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Like I agree nobody should own pitbulls, but its not something I can actually get angry about . this is like the ultimate "oh well" thing, how do people get so buttmad

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Like I agree nobody should own pitbulls, but its not something I can actually get angry about . this is like the ultimate "oh well" thing, how do people get so buttmad

Same. Also, as long as the dog keeps the violence within its garbage family's home, then I say fair game.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

WaryWarren posted:

hey sd goon, according to wikipedia, mira mesa is "ethnically diverse". would you agree with that statement? is it a white/filipino/vietnamese/mexican trash area?

white, pino, mexican, viet, japanese, chinese, thai, lots of indian and pakistani folks come through on tech visas and settle, not a lot of black folk but i've seen more families recently who are maybe eritrean or north african which is cool.

its suburbs so people don't mingle on the streets as much. lots of streets don't even have sidewalks. so yeah it's diverse but in a different way than, say, Oakland is diverse

mira mesa is also possibly the most boring place in the world. don't think there's even a police blotter, and it isn't listed as a "community" on the SD Union Tribune because it would be an empty column 99% of the time if it was listed.

Last year worth of news in mira mesa is the dog thing, a street flooded once, there was a power outage, 2 fatal car wrecks, and a couple kids knifed each other over who was who's girlfriend/boyfriend.

Like seriously maybe 6-10 news items in an entire 12 month year.

mira mesa isn't the end of the world but you can see it from there

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
An animal larger than a toddler killing it is not something impossible. I think it's really blowing things out of proportion to make a broad statement from this one freak accident.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

lol if you posted:

san diego made the news!

that article doesn't mention but the family tried twice to call 911 and phone records show after 30'ish seconds each time no one ever picked up, so they gave up and drove the kid to a hospital themselves where he was DOA

while it is unlikely that those 60 seconds plus dispatch of trained first responders would have saved the baby's life, the fact that none of SDs emergency management ever even touched the case is causing some serious shouting at the local level.

This however sounds like a cause to bring up.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You'd have to be the dumbest person on earth to keep a pit bull and a baby in the same house.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

tenspott posted:

You'd have to be the dumbest person on earth to keep a pit bull untrained dog and a baby in the same house.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

AL.com running national news stories, now? Must not be enough fuckery going on in the Great State of Alabama to write about.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Untrained yorkies don't have locking jaws or an inherent bloodlust like pits do

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

no it's actually pit bull

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

tenspott posted:

Untrained yorkies don't have locking jaws or an inherent bloodlust like pits do

The dogs that bite most often are goldens and some dumb Chinese dog. Pit bulls don't even place.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

SHISHKABOB posted:

The dogs that bite most often are goldens and some dumb Chinese dog. Pit bulls don't even place.

34 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2015. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 82% (28) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6.6% of the total U.S. dog population
Together, pit bulls (28) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 91% of the total recorded deaths in 2015. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 11-year period of 2005 to 2015.

source: first google result for DOG ATTACK STATISTIC

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

An animal larger than a toddler killing it is not something impossible. I think it's really blowing things out of proportion to make a broad statement from this one freak accident.

a freak accident that happened 34 times in 2015, also 24,000 times for dogs and 13,000 for cats. lol i guess

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Omg 34 times wow insane

Somebody please for gods sake murder all pit bulls before they destroy us

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

SHISHKABOB posted:

Omg 34 times wow insane

Somebody please for gods sake murder all pit bulls before they destroy us

i'd vote a firm [Y] on this bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/fatalities.shtml

Dog deaths: slightly worse than lightning. God save us.

• Locked thread