Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Interest post, will have something up in hopefully a couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Pretty Witch Circe
プリティ魔女キルケ

An explosion in the distance, I can hear it rumbling, everyone in class rushes to the window to see the commotion along with the teacher, I can do it, I get out into the hallway and rush to the roof of the school and throw my keyring, a tiny little staff to the ground. It grows into a full size staff and I hop on, using the mana in my body to cause the staff to levitate a bit before it rockets off into the scene of the explosion. I am Ami Inuzami, aka Pretty Witch Circe, the youngest daughter of a long line of witches and warlocks. I'm...the weakest though really...all my family are skilled in many types of magic, where as I am only skilled in defensive magic and Entropic magic...

I was sent out of our home land to work on powering up my magic by fighting monsters and bad guys, and when I first moved into my apartment I met my neighbor, Michiru, a girl of my age whose mom runs an outfitting company has really helped me along, I am a witch and I fight evil, and with the whole sponsorship system she found that I would be the perfect billboard for her and now whenever I go out to fight the evil I wear a uniform designed by Michiru's Mom, Hotaru Ranka.

I'm also sponsored by Mana Burst Energy Drink, to them, a small independent company, having a magical girl as their mascot is perfect for them. Oh! I guess I better get back to the story! So I get to that monster who is destroying the city and it dares to take a swipe at me! Can you believe the nerve of that guy! So I jump ontop of my staff and I start incanting, of course my incantations are in Latin, but I start incanting a prison spell, and that keeps it from causing any more harm to the city, and while it is stuck inside that prison, I use my most powerful destructive magic -- only level 10 -- on the monster blowing it apart inside the jail, which handily enough keeps it from spraying all over the block. A couple of newsreporters come up to me and I swig a bottle of my mana potion and smile as they start questioning me.

"Great Job Circe!" one of them say "You look absolutely adorable in that uniform!"

"Yes, I am really glad that Ranka Outfitters provide me with such a nice uniform, its sturdy enough to last a battle, but nice enough I can go out onto the street to go out on a date!"

"And I saw you take a drink, what was that you drank?" Another report asked, obviously this part was just staged, but I am giving them what they want. I pull out a bottle of Mana Blast and with a deep smile, my eyes closed, I say "It's Mana Blast's newest flavor, Full Heal, guaranteed to pick you up after a hard day of fighting crime and evil, its the energy drink of heroes!"

I finish the interview and thank them and I head home, Michiru jumps me and sends me flying to the ground. This is the reason why I fight, the friends that I have made and the people that smile when I protect them. That's what matters to me.

quote:

PRETTY WITCH CIRCE:
Playbook: Nova
Moment of Truth: It’s like your mind’s eye opens up, and you can see the world around you like never before. You can control it, at will, with ease. Of course, warping reality tends to have ramifications down the line, but in your moment of godhood...how could you possibly be worried?
Well...my main magic type that I know is Destruction magic...there are eight schools of magic in our family, the five elements plus creation, life and destruction. The more destructive the spell, the more dangerous it is to the world around, up to and including destroying planets...

TEAM MOVES:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you see fear in their eyes. If they say no, take +1 forward and mark potential. If they say yes, immediately shift your Danger up and Savior down.\
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them how you think they canstop you. Give them Influence over you, and clear a Condition.

Look: Woman, Asian, Casual Clothing, Fashionable Costume
Abilities: Sorcery
LABELS
Freak: +2
Danger: +2
Savior: 0
Superior: 0
Mundane: -1

Influence: Happy Facade

Flares:
Reality Storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 Burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling + Freak instead of + Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another Burn.

Shielding: You call up a fast protective field to stop a danger. Spend 1 Burn to defend someone else from an immediate threat, rolling + Freak instead of + Savior.

Moat: Spend 1 Burn to create a barrier that will hold back weak or mundane threats as long as you keep your attention on it.

Overcharge: You let loose with the full torrent of your powers without restraint. Spend 1 Burn and mark a condition to take a 10+ on unleashing your powers.

quote:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!) Ranka Outfitters Co.
2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active? Dr. Danger, the mystic hero from a couple of decades ago, who completely mastered the power of fate magic and destructive magic. They disappeared a long time ago, no one knows what happened to them.
3. What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program? I am not a fan of it, but I need the money, but if I try to do work, school and superhero, I would never get any sleep.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 8, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

KittyEmpress posted:

ROUND ONE QUESTIONS
Pretty Witch Circe, the Nova - What's the worst part about being a hero? What's the best part? Has your company asked you to do anything you didn't want to, and what happened?

The battle was over, the people were disappating and dangit, she had a splinter in her hand again, stupid staff, her anger blossomed out as she yelled at the staff for giving her another splinter, not to mention that she got scrapped against the wall when she was knocked by the monster. It really hurt; and she didn't have any real healing magic, she chugged down a healing potion and slid down against the wall, exhausted. It wasn't the pain that was the worst part of all this. It was the isolation. After a hard day of protecting people, she was usually left to fend for her own, no one smiling at her or even talking to her. She still was relatively friendless and so day in and day out of being a hero takes it toll.

"Ami!" A familar voice calls out, it was Michiru carrying a hand held recorder. She was full of smiles and seemed to never let Ami fall too far down the emotional well that was isolationism. "You did awesome today! And that outfit was so cute!"

Ami wiped a tear from her eye and smiles "You think so?"

"Yeah totally!"

She stands up and the too start walking together down to get a drink at the cafe, stopping along the way she changed out of the costume and into her school clothing. She thought to herself that it would really bite if this area disappeared and she was glad to protect it, the fact that this area still exists gives her reason and fills her with pride that she is a hero, and she would never give that feeling up.

"Hey Ami, do you remember the commercial Mom made you do?!" Michiru said with a mischevious grin

"Ah---Michi! You know I hate remembering that!"

She giggles, she does remember, the hours of getting into various costumes and posing, doing the same shot over and over again, it took all weekend for them to have all the footage of her saying the lines they needed and editted it out...to not include her talking at all, they just sort of forced her to stand there in the costumes in the commercial and being introduced as The Pretty Witch Circe, and that she loved the clothing. She got paid though, so she took the money and didn't want to ever think of it again, except that Michi loved it and constantly complimented Ami on her ability to wear just about anything.

Michiru was a hyperactive girl, very sporty, she was in track and soccer, and she just generally liked to hang out and have fun, and was mellowed out by Ami's calm, collected nature. The two walked into the cafe and went for drinks.

"How is the CAI treating you Ami?" She says as they each order a parfait and some tea.

"Oh about as well as I can expect, they approved your mom's company and got me Mana Blast Energy Drink" She shrugs "So I can't really complain"

"That's good" Michi says and her phone rings. She picks it up and talks for a few minutes before hanging up. "I...it's my mom, I am sorry Ami but I need to go"

"T-that's cool, see you tomorrow" Ami smiled

"You bet!" Michi waved and ran off.

Ami got home and laid down on her bed, petting her cat that she found on the street, it was a stray black cat, no unique ability but to supply her companionship and affection.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 3, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DeTosh posted:

Is this game still moving forward? I'm planning on doing a rewrite of my application that involves a slightly different concept (and isn't pages long).

I think kittyempress is having issues with their network at the moment.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
When our team first came together...
We destroyed our surroundings in the fight. Where as it? What did we destroy?

"Oh man, that fight with Shibboleth was crazy, we all worked together to shut the guy down, but wasn't he just creepy with those tentacles? Anyways we were trying to fight this thing and I heard that we needed to close the guys connection, which I assume was the ethereal plane of existence where all that creepy stuff is, and right at that time I saw a tentacle come out of one of those holes in reality that Shibboleth was creating in the middle of the city and crash into those giant skyscrapers, luckily we were able to keep the building from collapsing while we let everyone out of the building, and then the skyscraper collapsed...sad day, but hey, it wasn't our fault at least!"

She smiles and raises her wand a bit "But then after the fight, me and mixup worked together to keep those terrible tentacles from growing out and destroying more stuff! And Coursage really did good work helping out and Eagle J was so cute in their outfit!"

Relationships:
I hang out with Princess Patriot, to blow off steam.
I once hurt Eagle J when I lost control of my powers.

Influence
Choose your demeanor: Happy facade or locked down.
If you choose happy facade, give influence to 3 teammates.
Mixup
Princess patriot
Coursage

My vote goes to princess Patriot.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 23, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I would be fine with that, waffleman can i hurt eagle j with my power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I did it last night I apologize.

• Locked thread