Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make way for Eagle J, the Protege!

quote:

Name: Eagle J
Playbook: The Protege
Look: Woman, White, Casual Clothing, Mentor's Garb
Abilities: Shared Ability: Superspeed, Own Ability: Super Jumping, Mentor's Ability: Flight

Labels: F +1, D -1, Sa 0, Su +2, M +1

Moves:

Fireside Chat: When you seek advice from your Mentor, roll + the Label they embody. On a hit they give you insightful advice. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and take +1 ongoing for as long as you do. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down. Mark a condition, GM's choice.

Venting Frustration: When you directly engage while you are Angry, you can roll + the Label your mentor denies and clear Angry.

Heroic Tradition: When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane.

Moment of Truth: The moment that you show who you really are: your mentor, or something different. You can do whatever your mentor could do, and more. You can do the incredible, even the things they always failed at. Of course, it's going to be hard to go back to studying with them after you've found your own way...

Team Moves:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you were a good leader or effective team mate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you and take +1 forward on using the label your mentor embodies.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a team to the pool.

Mentor posted:

Eagle G

Embodies: Superior

Deny: Freak

Resources: A base/housing, Communicators, Training facilities

"Alright, hero alias, sponsor, and powers, please."

Eagle J, official hero of Eastern Air, speaking! Super speedy, super jumpy!

"Tell us about your relationship with Eagle G."

Eagle G is my mentor, my idol, and my legal guardian! I learned everything I know about being a hero from him! From Eagle Manor, the two of us keep a watchful eye on the city and show people that superhumans are nothing to be feared! Sure, sometimes I get a bit too excited and he has to hold me back, but that's the passion of youth!

"What does being a hero mean to you?"

Being a hero means serving the people, making the world safe! It means making the Earth a better place for my having been here. For me, being a hero gives me a sense of purpose, a mission in life! If I didn't help people, I'd be wasting these gifts that God gave me, and that can't do!

"One more question: Do you think you have what it takes?"

Pssh, what kinda question is that? Would I be here if I didn't?! I mean, I'm the next generation of Eagle! I've got the reputation of Eagle G lying on my shoulders! A-Anybody else would be shaking in their boots, but...I'm..not! Aw geez...

quote:

- How did you first meet your mentor?

Eagle G was actually a family friend. He knew both of my parents from back when they were heroes. They retired when they had me, of course. He's actually my godfather, so I've known him all my life.

quote:

- When and why did you choose to train with them?

Well, my parents were going to train me, but...when I was 8, they both got killed by a villain with a grudge. I didn't have many other family members, so Eagle G...George...took me in and took on the role of training me himself. I really looked up to George, so it really couldn't have been anybody else but him.

quote:

- Why did they agree to train you?

George always seemed to notice that we had similar powers, so I think he'd have trained me a bit even if my parents were still alive. Their death just accelerated that process. George is a great guardian, and he treats me like his own.

quote:

- Who else, outside of the team, knows about your training?

Well, I'm not really keeping it a secret! Look at my name! But I'd think the only other person with intimate knowledge of how it went down is George's butler, Charles. He's great. Really dry wit, and he always makes me laugh.

quote:

- Why do you care about the team?

Because they're my comrades and comrades look out for each other!

quote:

1. What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)

Eastern Air! Getting you where you need to go via the friendly skies!

quote:

2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active?

Eagle G, of course! He's from the Worst Generation, still alive and well and still active!

quote:

3. What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program?

Well, George doesn't really like it, but he sees it as a necessary evil after the Worst Generation. I think he'd rather I be unsponsored like him, but if this is what it takes, I'm willing to do it!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

Eagle J, the Protege! - Why become a hero, when it lead to your parents' deaths? What does Eagle G think of that risk? What villain of Eagle G have you fought by Eagle G's side?

Well, God put me on this planet with these abilities for a reason. I fully believe that becoming a hero IS that purpose. Yeah, it led to my parents dying, but....that's what they would have wanted from me. I want to honor their wishes. George was a little bit hesitant at first, but I think he feels the same way. Of course, that doesn't stop him from being super-protective of me, but I've gotta leave the nest someday!

Ah, I remember when we went after the Demon Gentleman Thief, Arsene Lupin V! Said thief was trying to steal a rare Da Vinci that was on display at the museum. He was used to taking on Eagle G alone, and he wasn't counting on me being there to surround him! I stalled him until Eagle G got there and we both took him out together! Of course, now that I'm sponsored, I can do more than be a decoy! I hope!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll be a couple days before I can get my laptop out and my PDF open.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thanks, that'll help greatly. I'll look over stuff when I get to my hotel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Haha Bulls can't stop falling in love with me.

I'll do my stuff tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When our team first came together…
We stuck together after all was said and done. Why? How'd we keep in contact?

Well, our sponsors were all so impressed with how we worked together to stop Shibboleth that they decided to jointly fund us as a hero team. Until we were officially brought together, we really mostly kept in touch through our agents talking to each others' agents, business stuff, ya know?

This'll come tomorrow

Relationships
You and ____________________ teamed up a few times from before the rest of you
came together.

George knows Princess Patriot's family, so we've worked together a bit.

Your mentor is cautious; they asked you to keep an eye on __________________.

George is wary of Mix-Up and thinks he's a bad influence. It might be a generation gap, but he's usually pretty keen...

Influence
Choose your demeanor: playful or business.
If you choose playful, then give influence to two teammates.
If you choose business, then give influence to no teammates.

Playful
Corsage
Circe

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 23, 2016

• Locked thread