Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Princess Terrwyn of Sharalas/Dragon Princess, the Outsider

What do you mean, why do I expect to be treated like a princess?

... That's because I am one, you dimwit! I am Princess Terrwyn of Sharalas, and I expect to be treated with due respect. What do you mean Sharalas doesn't exist? Of course it does! Just not in this realm in particular. Not that I would expect a buffoon like you to understand such a thing.

... What is it now? How I got here, then? Well, I don't know! Ask those researchers of yours! ... Scientists? Whatever. They kidnapped me and brought me here with some sort of portal! Of course, I escaped my vile captor. Dionaea saw to that. Who's Dionaea? My dragon. I summoned her here and set the entire prison ablaze!

... What do you mean, it's called a laboratory and nobody actually wanted to hold me captive? Bogus! And why I'm still here? Well... This world is actually pretty nice. So many things to see, so many interesting people. It's a lot better than being cooped up in a castle all day! I mean, sure, dad wants me to go back home, but I think I'll stay for now. I want to learn more about this world.

Plus, I already got contacted by this team of noble warriors and asked for my assistance! Finally, someone sees my skill as mage. Plus, it'll be nice to have some fri- ... equals. You. Heard. Nothing.

quote:

What corporation in the Corporate Alliance approached you? What do they make/do/research? (Remember, these are smaller companies, not worldspanning organizations!)

Rosethorn Clothing ltd. They supply clothing for the rich and classy! Or so I'm told. I keep hearing they've fallen on hard times and got troubles finding customers. I don't understand why that is.

Just look at what I am wearing right now! They gave it to me. Does it not look wonderful? What, it's someone's outfit from an anime?

What is an anime? Stop using these strange words and speak more clearly, please.

(She's sponsored by a cosplay clothing company. They tricked her into wearing cosplay outfits into battle.)

quote:

2. What hero do you look up to, and from what Generation do they hail? Are they still alive? Still active?

Apparently, this world does not have much in the way of mages! I was very surprised to hear that. However, there are, most importantly this 'Magusar' warrior.

He's counted as one of the most powerful mages in this world, and I would be very eager to learn from him. They say he's from the 'Worst Generation', but I don't understand. He's the direct opposite of worst. He's one of the best! I've seen him defeat a foul villain all by himself just a few days ago! Such power and grace! And... charm... *swoon*

quote:

3. What is your opinion on the Heroic Sponsorship program?

It has a name? How strange. I figured a concept as "hospitality towards a foreign princess" did not require such a strange name. But, sure. It's very nice of them to fund my extended stay here. They even seem to pay for the damage! That's very nice of them. Dionaea... isn't the most subtle.

quote:

4. (Optional) Thread title suggestions, give them to me!

Masks: This PBP has been taken down because of copyright infringement.

quote:

Hero Name: Dragon Princess
Mask: Outsider
Look: Human
Costume: Whatever the sponsors tell her looks high-class
Abilities: Pyromancy, Stunning Beauty

Labels:

Freak: +1
Danger: -1
Savior: 0
Superior: +3
Mundane: 0

Moves
Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+,hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

Outdated Customs(Alien Ways):
Whenever you openly disregard or undermine an important Earth custom in favor of one of your own people’s customs, shift Superior up and any other Label down.

Pet Dragon (Kirby-Craft):
You have a mount, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are riding your dragon, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend using Superior.

Strengths:
regenerating, telepathic

Weaknesses:
bizarre fuel source (lots and lots of meat) , easily detectable

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it's meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark Potential if you do.

Moment of Truth
You embrace your home, and call them for aid. They will answer your call, in force, arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. You will lead them into battle. Of course, when all is
said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

When our team first came together…
We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships

You've been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
Choose your demeanor: haughty or cheerful.
If you're haughty, then you think you're better than them. Give no one influence.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Magnusth posted:

I know nothing about masks, but this seems interesting. how hard is masks to learn? i might try my hand at a charecter app.

It's really easy to learn. It's PBTA.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

KittyEmpress posted:

Princess Terrwyn of Sharalas/Dragon Princess, the Outsider - What's the weirdest part about this place, compared to back home?

What's weird about this place? I could write an entire book on that matter! These weird metal boxes on the streets! I learned that they are the carriages of this world. There's also theater's that no longer have stages, but giant ... windows? No, screen? Yes, screens. They even harness the power of lightning in the most mundane of ways!

The thing I understand the least, however, has got to be this 'Internet'. It doesn't seem to have a physical presence, and yet everyone interacts with it so easily! Like a library on your beck and call! It's so very incredible. I do hope I can master such an amazing artifact.

quote:

Did you leave anyone behind who would miss you and want you back?

Well, obviously! What kind of question is that?! The entire kingdom must be in disarray! Or well, the castle, anyway. Honestly, I don't think Father told many people about me. He's very, very protective of me, you see. Hmm.. other than that, the entire staff, probably? I think they're a lot fonder of me than father, really. I... just haven't really had the heart to inform him of that yet...

There's also our head maid. Zia Babel.

She's quite the oddball! She's fiercely loyal to my late mother, I was told. Mom died giving birth to me, you see. I never actually got to know her. Anyway...From what I've seen and heard, she's insanely skilled with knives and she's got some strange localized time magic. I'm fairly sure there's a lot more to her than she's telling, but she really doesn't like it when people ask about her past, so I didn't. Also... she's kind of an awful cook. I never could get myself to tell her that, though. She's always so eager.

She's like a mother to me, and I'm sure she's just as fond of me. I'm actually somewhat curious why she hasn't visited yet. I mean, the portal's open now and everything. I miss the snacks she seems to always have on hand...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 3, 2016

• Locked thread