Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Namtab posted:

From visiting a town in eire just south of the border where my mate lives:
They don't want a leave vote because they're worried about border controls
They don't want a leave vote because it'll probably tank their economy

People in the north probably have similar concerns

I don't see a Brexit tanking our economy. We receive a lot of our FDI from America. The areas where we trade heavily with Britain are so intertwined that I don't see it coming undone.
If anything it may boost our economy with London firms relocating to Dublin to take keep their offices within the EU.

The only Irish I can see losing out from a Brexit are those in the North if border controls are re-introduced and tourists from the south don't bother visiting anymore.

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Guavanaut posted:

I'm convinced that a significant audience for The Sun is people who flick through the front, declare it 'all bollocks', mostly read the sport and fluff bits, and vote Labour. (source: pubs)

I don't think the same is true for the Express or Mail.

A lad I know reads the Daily Mail solely for its sports section. He doesn't give a poo poo about currents events besides said sports and what new movies/video games are coming out. Though if he did bother to read news he would probably go to the Mail for it too. He has described people as plebs without irony. He is also in his twenties without ever working a day in his life but always has money as he comes from a well off family, yet he still calls people on the dole parasites.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
What's a tip club?
That's the second time I've heard them mentioned, but Google only returns some business networking organisation or thinks I've misspelt strip club.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

One of the comments said it's of Britain's second biggest party marching. I hadn't realised the Communist Party of Great Britain was so large.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Verizian posted:

That's what a lot of people thought last year.

That period when the Tories plan of outing him as a sex-haver backfired and he turned into an unlikely sex symbol. Good times.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

StoneOfShame posted:

Bottom of a pack of a full pack of baccy I good for bags of weed, box of filters with half used tubes of filters on top is good for a couple of wraps of a powder nut only necessary when going somewhere were searches are being done, if you're white and not a teenager your probably not going to get randomly searched unless doing something silly like obviously dealing.

Hash in the bottom of a bag of baccy when I was a teen was the only time I've been caught with drugs. It's not that good a hiding spot, if a cop is emptying your pockets he'll have a quick poke through your cigarette box or similar. It is the oldest hiding spot.
Wedged behind the belt buckle is a much better spot. It's easy access if you see them coming and need to ditch it fast, but if you get caught unaware it's a good enough spot that they are likely to not spot it on a pat down.

Though the best defence is down to how you look. If I was ever carrying I'd make sure to dress respectably and inconspicuously.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I thought Cosby was a regular rapist. And Woody Allen had a position of authority over his step daughter so would that make him worse than Polanski?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

Unkempt posted:

Oh. 'Not pursued' to me means not investigated, which is clearly bollocks. It was investigated and there was no evidence.

It's been a long time since I read the details but did the judge at the time not say there was inappropriate behaviour by Allen, but there was no follow up to avoid further stress to the child.
And that wiki article is surprisingly one-sided. It repeatedly cites one brother who sides with Allen but has no quotes from the brother who sides with his sister and mother.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you

FinalGamer posted:

I think so, but then again Ireland never does really well either so...

At one point we were winning so often the RTE deliberately chose a rubbish song because it was costing too much to host the events. That backfired and we went on to win again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
We did vote to send a singing turkey to the Eurovision in 2008. We've had a string of failing to qualify and last places since then.
I think the rest of Europe hasn't forgiven us for making a mockery of their song contest.

• Locked thread