Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From visiting a town in eire just south of the border where my mate lives:
They don't want a leave vote because they're worried about border controls
They don't want a leave vote because it'll probably tank their economy

People in the north probably have similar concerns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Marenghi posted:

I don't see a Brexit tanking our economy. We receive a lot of our FDI from America. The areas where we trade heavily with Britain are so intertwined that I don't see it coming undone.
If anything it may boost our economy with London firms relocating to Dublin to take keep their offices within the EU.

The only Irish I can see losing out from a Brexit are those in the North if border controls are re-introduced and tourists from the south don't bother visiting anymore.

This was quite a small place near the border. Definitely not a tourist town.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I do not believe for a nanosecond that pissflaps is working class

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I have a feeling we wouldn't be discussing how much the Labour Party hates Jewish people if he were.

We probably would

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That's awfully antisemitic of you, commissioner.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There's no time Corbyn! Turn on the siren and step on it!

Oh dear, are the Tories at it again?

Worse! It's Sunday and B&Q shuts in 5 minutes!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps, we need to pay this informant.

Sorry, I don't pay informants that make me go to them

E. 4 years ago, Labour did well in local elections. Little did they know how bad this would be for Corbyn...

Namtab fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 1, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I've never really understood the point of the Daily Express. Is it for people too racist for The Sun but too poor for The Mail?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone reading a copy in the wild, so it's hard to judge.

It's an easyread mail

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nopantsjack posted:

I'm intrigued by the idea of a taco bowl but it seems like after youve scooped out the filling theres no purpose to the edible bowl.

scooping, dipping, you can eat it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm watching some show called news night and this BBC political editor doesn't seem very impartial

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Peak tibfc

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nah the woman on the giant touchscreen said he's a new guy.

Then they had a Labour mp saying the party's needs to be less anti Tory and more pro Labour and not alienating the rich.

Now they're doing more on the anti Semitic thing, and saying that the Jewish group that released that statement is not impartial.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The inquiry needs more mainstream Jewish groups apparently.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Three topics in, they're onto zac and his hate of the muslims.

Pretty decent, albeit Tory, guy they've got here who's saying that its hardly dogwhistle politics if it's so overt. "You can't hear a dogwhistle".

Ofc he's blaming the campaign team though.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 5, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hoops posted:

Andy Burnham is a good guy and you all hated him for no reason.

He'll probably be a good mayor, but I don't think he's got enough conviction to be a Labour leader.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would rather Labour lose in 2020 with a principled leader than win as a tory lite party.

I suspect pissflaps thinks the opposite, given how much he actually ever posts about his beliefs.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Seaside Loafer posted:

trying to work out if i want to see her do that or not

Yes, because then she can be arrested for public indecency

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime is good, sailor moon is good.

e: 1945, a war ends, this was bad for churchill

Namtab fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 7, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Just making a minor edit to your history snipe there

anime will save us, my friend

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Likewise the writer from "Don't Take My Baby" used his speech to say that government attacks on Disability Living Allowance were unacceptable and must be stopped ASAP to huge applause.

Also Geoffrey Tambor giving a speech praising Transparent for its contributions to helping people realise being transgender is acceptable and courageous to come out as being what makes it so inspiring to work on.

Liberal Luvvies Attack Austerity

The story will just be a moral outrage piece about how actors think they can use celeb status to push their views on people.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 8, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

I'm gonna pull this up since its the epitome of whats doing my nut in about this thread at the moment. There seems to be some sort of disease that means genuine criticism of Corbyn has to be ignored with any amount of hoop jumping possible. Here you have irrefutable proof that the man has done worse in their first set of council elections than anyone else in recent memory, and the response? 'Well it doesn't count.' In fact I see that sort of response a lot. Heads stuck in sand and everything else blamed.

Council elections have been, and always will be a yardstick for political parties. To try and hand wave that away because its now looking bad for dear leader is just silly. Miliband and Foot had tremendous amounts of good will gained with the public when they were first elected. That they failed to convert that into becoming Prime Minister has a lot of reasons but they at least had a solid base to try and start from. The current Tory government are experiencing one of the great political meltdowns and this has actually worked out better for them. There needs to be a serious, honest look at why Corbyn is where he is and what he needs, and indeed if he can, change.
As a small defence the political situation is that Labour already held a good chunk of councils to begin with and things have really changed in Scotland since the last council elections.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JFairfax posted:

I am going to be very disappointed if they do not find Tony Blair guilty of; Initiating a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.

Before examining that charge it is necessary to look more closely at some of the events which preceded these acts of aggression. The war against Iraq did not come suddenly out of an otherwise clear sky; the evidence has made it plain that this war of aggression, as well as the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, was premeditated and carefully prepared, and was not undertaken until the moment was thought opportune for it to be carried through as a definite part of the preordained scheme and plan.

For the aggressive designs of the American & British Governments were not accidents arising out of the immediate political situation in Europe and the world; they were a deliberate and essential part of American & British foreign policy.

Prepare to be disappointed

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TinTower posted:

I kinda want to know what issues affect the Newcastle University Cocktail Society.

Hmmmm...I don't really care about the nus

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oberleutnant posted:

Dostoevsky was imprisoned and exiled in Siberia after his involvement with the Petrashevsky Circle. Afterwards he wrote The House of the Dead which is a sort of paean to the beauty and bounty of the place, which he seemed to regard as a sort of earthly paradise. That's a wicked good book btw so read it.

Is that the one where the demon says "suffer like g did"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Didn't they pass a law to stop incumbent governments calling snap elections

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Yes however no parliament may bind any future parliament with things like legislation or reason.

That one budget law

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

so, is the scandal serious enough to provoke resignations or recalls of the relevant MPs?

Depends what the investigation finds, presumably

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't believe that anyone posting that they're going to leave the UK will actually do so, same as I don't believe anyone posting that last May actually did so.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

regardless of the vote I am moving to anime

gonna live in a state of delusion

Anime is freedom, anime is reality.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Who'd win in a fight, Goku or British Superman?

From reading the ukip manifesto and the leave campaign material British superman has no limits, whereas goku has strictly defined limits.

Therefore, no matter how much goku pushes himself he cannot win.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Bullshit you leave voting shithawk I'll find you and physically fight you about this.

British superman is fictional, I'm voting remain.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I appreciate the pertinent absence in this sentence.

Goku is a good dad and my dad

E: but he could not beat up British superman

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you think goku is a good dad you have brain damage (likely caused by goku being your dad)

I joke about many things, but I am an anime expert and anything I say about anime or the characters within is true and accurate.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I haven't watched free! or free!! and I won't watch the movie of free.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Naturally.

baka kaba posted:

And you call yourself an anime authority.....
I am. It's very bad for corbyn-chan.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I'm very much opposed to the bottom fifth of the Vow and I think most of Scotland is too.

They could have picked better photos

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

Looking back it's amazing just how little the Vow even said.

Dave looking like he's prepped for oral sex with pig, ed getting ready for Christmas special with his dog gromit, Nick sweating over his electoral chances

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like how ed underlines both parts of his name separately

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Each part of his name is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Only one part of that trio remains, soon we can discard the vow

• Locked thread