Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

a) "Thinks terrorists is its friends"...
b) "Nominated Jeremy Corbyn and admitted he would do it again"...

I know it's The Mail and I probably don't need to ask, but is that real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Well at least they kind of fixed that sentence...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think labour has a problem with anti semitism either - turns out they're really good at it.

You're unpleasant.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Of the current party leaders Corbyn is not the one that people should want out.

What is going on.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd be appalled but it's Doctor Who and Strictly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So glad I have tomorrow off work. Football talk is bad enough when it's just day to day transfers and games and things. My Facebook feed is nothing but this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If you're going to put something on chips, it had better either be cheese or BBQ sauce. Unless they're loaded chips covered in various meats and fats.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LemonDrizzle posted:

It's quite something when the PM manages to turn PMQs, which is supposed to be an opportunity for the opposition to hold the government to account, into an opportunity to browbeat the leader of the opposition and force him to explain that actually his party is not riddled with racists and he does not regard proscribed organisations as his friends.

https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/727819607071817729

It's almost like he had an intern spend a week digging up a quote that could be distracting and was waiting for a difficult question to throw it out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He's a former Tory MP, there shouldn't be any confusion over where his personal loyalties lie.

a) This shouldn't be allowed.
b) He should have been sacked for poor performance years ago.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeremy should just set up his own party. With blackjack and hookers.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Geokinesis posted:

Voted but unfortunately I doubt it will matter much as this area is blue with a marked purple tinge :(

Yeah I feel like my vote was the most minuscule 'gently caress you' possible in a sea of angrily nodding heads.

Phoon posted:

e: how much time could I save at the polling place by going home and getting my polling card? i predict it would take ~10 minutes to go get it rather than going straight to the polling place from my heavily delayed local birmingham train

I don't know if all booths will be the same but I just literally rocked up and gave my name and address. They didn't ask to see a card at any point.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 5, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only PCC option not affiliated with a party in my area was part of the 'Zero Tolerance Policing' group. I mostly voted because that sounds scary as gently caress and anyone else would be better.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's ok though, Trump loves Hispanics.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Then what is he eating? :ohdear:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Flatscan posted:

Same in Essex. Funnily enough there wasn't any mention of the "zero tolerance" bollocks in the local paper, he sounded quite reasonable there and I was thinking of putting him as second choice until I saw the ballot paper.

*Essex high five*

gently caress Essex.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I would have loved to have voted in that poo poo. :( The results will affect me far more than the local or PCC ones.

drat kids throwing away their democracies.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Seems like a nice chap.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That is one gross sausage.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If someone gave me travel and accommodation and removed all of the obvious barriers then there's plenty of places I'd move to.

10 miles closer to London for one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

They write your electoral number on the ballot counterfoil, which also contains the ballot number. Get the counterfoil, the electoral roll, and the ballot, and you can link ballot to voter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_ballot#Secrecy_vs._reliability

As I said they are not generally examined, but the reason they're numbered is so that they can be in case of a need to prove that the election was not fraudulent. I believe they're kept for a year or so after the election.

As with so many things in the UK, you don't have an inalienable right to a secret ballot, it's just that nobody has actually felt it necessary to check for the past hundred and forty five years.

I've never noticed any numbers on my ballots. They've always just picked them from the top of the pile and handed them straight to me. They just look like pieces of paper with boxes.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quote-Unquote posted:

No, that's the surprising thing!

Are you a poor?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just keep building and drive prices down. gently caress owners who treat their home as an investment, gently caress buy to letters, we just need to make it feasible for people in regular jobs with a regular income to have a home.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I mean really they should have invalidated the whole election and had a do-over when it came out.

Politics seem to carry very little in the way of consequences for cheating.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why does he even agree to be interviewed? He looks like he's going to burst into tears and curl into a foetal position every time, before he's even been challenged by the interviewer.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Samantha Cameron is genuinely posh, and it's really not unusual for people like that to have things like second-hand Micras to nip down to the shops in.

You think Samantha Cameron goes to shops?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

If she's rich she has someone else to go shopping for her.

Or she has an Ocado account.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Prince John posted:

Why does the BBC keep giving Gillian Duffy (bigotgate) a platform? Insightful words in this interview.

Haha I didn't realise she was still grasping for attention. It's been over half a decade.

Sad old bitch.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

happyhippy posted:

People still buy calendars?
It's like wrist watches, when you have a mobile why bother.

Watches feel nice on my wrist.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sometimes I pull out my phone and check the time on it, then remember that my watch does that too and check that. Just in case.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I sat behind Gordon Brown at the 2012 Olympics. Dude looked bored out of his mind and had fish and chips.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Spangly A posted:

I have a friend who collects golliwogs.

That's an odd thing to do. Is he interested in their cultural significance/rarity or is he just a ball of hate?

stev fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheHoodedClaw posted:

I'm not allowed to donate any more blood in the UK because I've received a blood product during an operation. Anyone who has since 1980, or believes that they may have, is similarly barred. I'm O neg too, which I was told is useful blood in emergencies.

I don't know much about blood, but can't they just check the gently caress out of your blood to make sure it's alright, then allow you to donate?

• Locked thread