Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
BYOR - Bring Your Own Resolutions (Rewards, Fun & Self Improvement!)

It is time for summer resolutions, forget all the normal people who have delusions of grandeur around new years eve (just to break them by 2nd of January)..
BYOB will do better - it's time for our own "Summer of Resolutions".
To give us some incentive, Saint Isaias Boner has agreed to make awesome looking gangtags for those who stay true to our resolutions.

Here is how it will work:
3 Months of Resolutions:
- 1 Resolution every month for 3 months. Whoever can do it, will get an awesome gangtag made by SIB, Approved by FluffieDuckie.

- Update us on a week-to-week basis on how it's going (or not going). If not possible (vacation etc say so). Want to update more? Awesome, tell us your dayli tale of misfortune!

- Obviously we cannot check if you are cheating in real life, it's all faith based, I believe in the 'yob. That being said- if you promise to lift 500kg and toss it across the atlantic, we want pictures and videos: If you can prove it - please do. Creative ways of proving stuff is highly encouraged!

- If you get caught cheating, I will personaly find you, bind you to a chair and force you to listen to Justin Bieber for a week. If you like Justin Bieber, I've got library full of stuff you probably don't like.

- Anyone who fail their resolutions.. I leave at the mercy of FluffieDuckie or the IK at the time... Beaware!

- Opt-In by posting in this thread. I will add your name to the main post with resolution. Needs to be some kinda effort beyond dayli routine.

- Have fun, laugh, cry and dance, stay chill and lets do this!

Rewards:
- Awesome gangtag!
- Self Improvement!
- Six-Pack of Beer in Norway! (If you are crazy enough to ever visit this country).

People Attending:

Uxzuigal - Snack Slack, Gym, No Alcohol
FluffieDuckie - Faster, Stronger, Better!
Saint Isaias Boner - Cutting back the snack slack!
Zyla - Fixing (or loving) up back!
Ostentatious - Will make us an awesome game to play! AAA Quality Expected!
I Dunno - Will put Picasso to shame, once a week!
City of Glompton - Will become the new Dr.Phil! (Reading)
Doc Friday - Will attempts to outrun Usaina Bolt! Or the Flash
TRON JEREMY - Will pet dogs to the max... 3 per week.
super mario batali - Will explore the scary outside world. Tell us if you find something! Promises to deliever a stunning piece of art (photography) every week!
DOPE FIEND KILLA G - Run, Dope Fiend Killa G, Run! (Or smoke a ton of weed in case of major injury, loss of legs, eyes)
peanut - Will tell his kids stories about (Slender?) and other nice creatures!
9hotonic - Will tell us awesome stories once per week! Bed time stories WEEE!
Eliuxz - Will read a book, make me food (good tasting food!) and she will bench press an earthshattering 60kg!
lmbo calrissian - Get driver license! Get car!(Kill? Cody) !
Quidnose - Practice (SAFE!) Sax, Become a hamster(eat salad) and excercise!
Hogge Wild - Philharmonic's got nothing on this guy!
alnilam - Rejoins the world of the living: Less smart phone!
Rasmussen - Will quit the herb!
Mulli - Will attempt to become the next Skrillex
Scathach - Art, We want art!!
Twerkteam Pizza - Bookworm!
shinmai - Workout, GameDev!

For evidence - Please post in the thread, and if you can edit your Opt-In post it will be alot easier to track too! :)

Genuine, consistent effort, if you cannot for whatever reason do something one week, tell us why.

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

YAY!

this is at a perfect time for me because i joined a new gym and have a new training partner but she's like the definition of flaky so it's affecting my gyming

so this is my goal

month 1 - go to gym 4 times a week
month 2 - go to gym 5 times a week
month 3 - go to gym 6 times a week (lol)

proof - gym pictures with date stamps

week 1:

week 2 (injury and travel conspire against me):

week 3:

week 4:

week 5:

week 6:

week 7:

week 8:

week9:

week 10:

week 11:

week 12:

week 13:

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 31, 2016

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
My resolution for the month of may will be three part, and I will try to keep it up for the entire 3 months:

-Less Sugar. Maximum 3 cans of Soda per day/1L. No chocolates, No sugar infused candy, No added sugar on top of any food.
-No alcohol.
-Mimumum 5 days in the gym per week. (Strength training)

My witness will be: Eliuxz (my wife). I can already feel the cravings, RIP.

Bring it on! #Beastmode

[I will post next months resolution next month, to get a better overview of what the hell I am doing:]

Week 1 GymPics, wife will verify, but here are some: (Just to get stuff started!)

http://i.imgur.com/iNXdw3el.jpg http://i.imgur.com/EtNX9QK.jpg

I didn't drink a single can of soda yesterday, went suprisingly well.
Eliuxz can comfirm that I spent 5 days in gym/didn't drink etc.

Week 2:
Monday was poo poo - total crap weekend with bad food and very little sleep made me lack strength... Next day however:!
Gym Power!!! New PR 130KG Deadlift(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY2vo7ukm1E
Still steady on sugar etc!
All 5 days done in the gym!

Week 3:
4 Sessions in the gym, 1 in the mountains... Felt great, pics later in thread. But Feeling hungover from overtraining abit now: Light weights and training next week!

Week 4:
Day 1 Pic:http://i.imgur.com/ZtOfparl.jpg
Incline Bench Press with Bar. Lovely Stuff.
Been all 5 days in the gym this week, was good. Exhausted however.
Drank very little sugar this week, far below 0.5L average.

*May Complete: All done, no slips minus one day missed in the gym due to overtraining, pretty happy:)*
Side note: I feel iffy if I drink lots of soda now, so that is a good thing I guess :>

June Resolutions: No alcohol, no drugs, still keeping the sugar low. *Attempt* new Bench Press record@85kg.
Update 10th June: Attempted 85kg bench press and nailed it, video later in thread. Also: Sugar intake at an all time low, no drugs, alcohol. :)
*NEW Update: 90KG Bench done, 110KG ATG Squats!*
Major June update: I feel that I've held up my low sugar intake resoultion, I've cut down to 1 small can of Red Bull a day, nothing else. I did go to Sweden and bought some candy but really not eating that much... the temptation isn' even there.

July Resolutions: Sugar still on the calendar. No gym resolutions this month, I will go as per normal 5 days a week, but attempting new PRs now would just wreck my body.... I will however make some high effort posts in BYOB!
Week 1: Sugar intake on an all time low, maximum 1 small Red Bull per day, but even days without any. No chocolate etc.
Week 2: Some candy, but still very low sugar intake - evading food with added sugar where possible (Tip: Anything low fat is high sugar, "Light" products is basicaly sugar bombs when it comes to edibles).
Week 3: Enjoying my sugarlow existence but probably had higher intake than in a few weeks, still, below my goal. Also I finaly managed to get *UP* to 90kg! Happy!
Week 4: Low sugar, doing fine - but I do get intese sugar cravings after pre-workout powder/heavy gym sessions. On another note: 115KG PR ATG Squat, 140Kgx2 PR Deadlifts this week :)

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 25, 2016

<3 <3 Vanisher

bean mom

oh my god three months of resolutions! thats a long time :ohdear:

Well ain't no use not going for it

My back is hosed. But that doesn't mean I can't take a decent 20 minute walk at least 4 times a week!

Hell it should do some serious good.

Accountability: Some kind of run tracking app, hopefully i can find one with a synced web site.

Will revise at the start of June

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Resolution:

I have been writing my goddamned book for six months. That's six months of late, late nights doing something both sedentary and gruelling with nothing to comfort me except food and booze. I've gotten soft in the gut and I'm going to lose some weight.
No more snacking after dinner. starting now. (i'll still goddamned drink if I feel like it) In June I will see if that's lost me some weight and look at some additional weight loss and fitness goals, but for now that'll do.
Accountability : my word. I will tell you if i've screwed it up. i'm no stranger to shame and I don't care who knows what I've done. Trust me :evilbuddy:

hi how are you ♥

FluffieDuckie

ok i found a free ap called "photo date stamp" that stamps your photos with info about the photo stored in your iphone. so my pictures will be timestamped. i mean i guess it's possible i'm taking pictures and manually adding the time stamp in a photo editing software but those of you who know me know i'm more lazy than sneaky so we're going to go with this method of verification

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

FluffieDuckie posted:

ok i found a free ap called "photo date stamp" that stamps your photos with info about the photo stored in your iphone. so my pictures will be timestamped. i mean i guess it's possible i'm taking pictures and manually adding the time stamp in a photo editing software but those of you who know me know i'm more lazy than sneaky so we're going to go with this method of verification

I trust you either way. I will in addition to having my wife snitching on me - post a couple of gym pictures myself in ridicilous poses with BYOB written on me :P

<3 <3 Vanisher

FluffieDuckie

oh yeah you're not getting pictures of ME. you're getting pictures of pieces of equipment or somesuch. You'll just have to trust that i'm holding the camera

MrWillsauce

I'm gonna shitpost every day

FluffieDuckie

Maybe your resolution could be to try harder

MrWillsauce

this is my harder

Ostentatious

I will create a basic video game alongside doing schoolwork and post the basic video game in BYOB using Unreal Engine 4

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Ostentatious posted:

I will create a basic video game alongside doing schoolwork and post the basic video game in BYOB using Unreal Engine 4

Awesome :D Maybe one of my later resolutions should be to actualy return to UE4.

<3 <3 Vanisher

hemale in pain

I will not quit my job and I'll maybe do some of the late shifts :effort:

I Dunno

I'm glad to see this thread because there's a lot of stuff I want to do but I never get around to doing any of it. Hopefully this can give me some motivation.

For May, I'm going to work on some art at least one day each week. For proof, I'll upload pics to this thread of any art I worked on. I'll do that on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday each week.

I'll decide on the other months when they arrive. Might decide to switch to a different hobby.

Week 1:
I'm disappointed in what I managed to do this week. I didn't draw much and didn't feel very inspired either. It turned out I really needed a ruler to do what I originally wanted to work on. Anyway, I did do some drawing at least. I need to try to think of good ideas for this week and put more time into it.

A kitty:

A dumb meme guy jumping:

Week 2:
I'm happier with this week. The first drawing is a sketch of a painting idea I've had for a while. Still don't have a ruler, so the lines aren't quite right, but I'm glad to have the idea on paper. It's a really light sketch though because I'm going to go over it later with a darker pencil with the details. Need a ruler so the lines will be straight. The second is just a silly drawing of one of the new Pokemon starters.

Painting idea sketch:

Litten doesn't like your attitude:

Week 3:
This week I made a silly drawing for the weed wolf thread. I meant to do more stuff than that but I didn't get around to it. I drew some sketches of some stuff but they kinda sucked soooo I erased them.

The post:

I Dunno posted:

hehehh...the fuggin weed wolf
\

Week 4:
This week I made a gif! It's a simple one, but animating is something I've always wanted to learn how to do. Now that I have the basic idea, I'm going to start trying to make better and more complex ones.

A kitty:

I Dunno fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 29, 2016

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Absummer 2016

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

FluffieDuckie

I Dunno posted:

I'm glad to see this thread because there's a lot of stuff I want to do but I never get around to doing any of it. Hopefully this can give me some motivation.

For May, I'm going to work on some art at least one day each week. For proof, I'll upload pics to this thread of any art I worked on. I'll do that on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday each week.

I'll decide on the other months when they arrive. Might decide to switch to a different hobby.

i like this one :)

guns for tits

For the month of May, I feel like I really need to improve my running pace. To do this, I will run at the very least 1 mile 3 to 5 times every week. I will use the Nike running app to keep track of my pace and I will post a screenshot of my best results about once a week as proof.

Week 1 Proof:

guns for tits fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 7, 2016

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i believe fluffy might be an expert hacker, here's some shocking photo evidence

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

December Octopodes posted:

i believe fluffy might be an expert hacker, here's some shocking photo evidence

ftfy

City of Glompton

lol

I am reading a book about habits because my boss read it. it's called The Power of Habit. I'm resolving to finish it even if it seems too pop psychology for my tastes, and will choose one habit to start with. I'll post my habit to add/lose/change when I am done with the book (later this week).

I'm trustworthy but also I'll snspchat my progress or w/e

edit: it's 5/4 and I am on part two of book

edit: it's 5/7 and I've been ignoring the book in favor of learning to make bubble apps. I will read tomorrow!

edit: I finished the book. boy did it falter in the third section. if you can ~believe~ you can you can do anything! I may have well watched the movie Dumbo because I think that is where the author got his idea.

I'm too annoyed to pick a habit now.

edit: 5/15 I rearranged the living room furniture today so I have lots of room for morning yoga.

edit: 5/17 I'm enjoying the morning yoga and looking forward to getting bendy because i'm not a bendy person

edit: 5/21 I now have a full complement of yoga accessories to make my yoga-ing more comfortable. I had family visiting this week which threw me off my morning schedule a bit, so I'm looking forward to next week and having uninterrupted morning yoga time.

edit: 5/29 Last week I got three mornings in. I got my 23andme results last Tuesday, so I ignored yoga to look at them, and Thursday I overslept so I missed out, but MWF were all good. I've also been trying hamstring stretches on their own (when I'm at work), because those puppies are so tight I feel it is affecting my ability to do a lot of poses :(

edit : 6/4 I did stretching and some yoga poses (but did not follow a video routine) 4.5 days this week. I got T-F and then just did a few stretches this morning before getting interrupted.

edit: 6/18 wow the last two weeks have been full of family. this previous week I only got 2 days in :( I overslept on Monday, and Thursday and Friday my living room floor was covered in tweens who stayed up late watching scary movies. Today more family is visiting, maybe next week I'll actually be able to get back on track.

edit: 6/25 I managed 4 days during the week, my parents stayed the night midweek and that messed up Wednesday morning. someday I'll get all 5 days!

edit: 7/2 I managed all five says last week! I do feel like getting up and doing stretches and such has started to become a habit.

edit: 7/19 for last week: I did not do well last week, I only got 3 days in, once due to sleeping in and once due to having to do in to work early.

edit: 7/25 I did not do well last week either. I've hurt my back, so I took two days off, but even poses and stretches that usually feel great feel like torture right now.

edit: 7/29 I managed all 5 days this week. I have been doing stuff specifically for reducing inflammation of the muscle that bothers the sciatic nerve, and it seems to be helping my back.

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 29, 2016

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!
im going to pet more dogs

Robot Made of Meat

TRON JEREMY posted:

Excellent resolution!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

TRON JEREMY posted:

Abit more effort please :p
On that note: If you DO pet dogs and get bitten, we'd love a picture of it? :D

- - - -
Added a evidence pic in my Opt-In post. If the rest could do the same it would be awesome, if possible.

My ugly can, just to get it started.
http://i.imgur.com/iNXdw3el.jpg

<3 <3 Vanisher

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!
im going to pet lots of dogs, and ill do it to the max

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

TRON JEREMY posted:

good resolution

hi how are you ♥

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

TRON JEREMY posted:

I will put you up for petting 3 dogs per week, to the max. Bonus if you get bitten in the process :D

<3 <3 Vanisher

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I'M IN!

May - Do something outside at least 5 days a week.

June???

July???

I owe some pictures - this will be done today!

super mario batali fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 9, 2016

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i have a really hosed up weekly schedule, idk if u've tried working full time and being (almost) a full-time student as well, but it gets pretty nasty. add in living in LA where all the places u gotta go are always soo far apart. Rooooouuuuuuggghhhh :(
Well all that has kept me from doing one of my absolute favorite things: running! And I've been really sad about that for a while, but you know what? resolution time baby I'm gonna fuckin go running. I might not have a lot of time (fortunately I'll have more in summertime) but I know I can squeeze it in there if I'm motivated and getting a cool gang tag is great motivation.

Month 1: run minimum of 4 days a week assuming I don't get seriously ill or maimed, get back into it
Month 2: minimum 5 days per week & start incorporating hill workouts and poo poo if I haven't yet
Month 3: I'm gonna find a 5 or 10k (undecided which, but I'll probably go for 5k). I know 3 months of training from a pretty low fitness level (eating well & yoga is all I'm doing currently) definitely won't put me near where I'd need to be for a personal best (15:42 for 5k a couple years ago) but I'm hoping to have a decent time, maybe sub 16:40. That'd be good for just getting back into it after like a long hiatus
For proof idk I could post pics of trails & hills and stuff. Or I could collect all my sweat in a jar and photograph the progress as it fills up....probably the first one
In the event I become really horrifically injured during these months in such a way I literally can't complete these resolutions—including but not limited to: complete or partial blindness due to chemical spill, severage of one (1) or two (2) legs while playing in the saw mill, or possession of my body by an evil spirit from the woods, etc—then I reserve the right to change all of my resolutions to Smoke more weed.

FluffieDuckie

just popping in to say i went to the gym today and remembered to take a picture and the time stamp worked. i am WELL on my way to being a hardbody by the end of the summer

just in time for fall clothes

the bsd boys
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!
i met a terrier named geordie. we are ON TRACK for dogpettin over here

Robot Made of Meat

TRON JEREMY posted:

i met a terrier named geordie. we are ON TRACK for dogpettin over here

Yay!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Android Blues

i resolve to become more porous by the end of the year. accountability: ill count all my pores in an online app that you can like and unlike on a per pore basis like a sort of "google earth" thing but to see how saturated with liquids its possible for me to become

peanut

I'm gonna read more books to my kids at bedtime.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

peanut posted:

I'm gonna read more books to my kids at bedtime.

Putting you up for bedtime storyteller! For May - or all three months?

<3 <3 Vanisher

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I have a nice camera, will take pictures of things if I find them.

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"
how about this
every week for the next three months i will write a short story about a topic upon request. it'll be like, i don't know, a google docs page or two long. if it's okay with uxzuigal, you can request the topic here, or email me at photonicdog@gmail.com and i'll pick one to write about and link the google doc here

edit: first story up!

a dying star: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H_38YZzCHbNC75S2K-e_Vp62RtWCEu9WVF77qKcxp2Y/edit?usp=sharing

9hotonic fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 9, 2016

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

9hotonic posted:

how about this
every week for the next three months i will write a short story about a topic upon request. it'll be like, i don't know, a google docs page or two long. if it's okay with uxzuigal, you can request the topic here, or email me at photonicdog@gmail.com and i'll pick one to write about and link the google doc here

Sounds good!
Here are some topics that you may choose from (or figure out your own!)
- FYAD
- Homeless People
- Baby Dinosaurs
- Rise of the Planet of the Skeletons(or ghosts)
- the BYOB Dog (or cat)

I am sure people got other good topics as well!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

super mario batali posted:

I have a nice camera, will take pictures of things if I find them.

I can put you down for one awesome picture per week? (Something that's abit more effort looking under your bed?:P )

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eliuxz

I've been thinking about this resolution stuff for a couple of days now, and what I've come up with so far is... * drumroll *

May : finish reading the book that has been on my desk since Christmas.
June: learn (and make) at lest four new recipes , husband decides if it should be dinners, desserts or cakes.
July: 60 kg in bench press at the gym.

Husband ( Uxzuigal ) will be my witness!

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it...

MAY UPDATE : 143 pages left of my book, so I'm getting there!
MAY UPDATE : 58 pages left!
MAY UPDATE : I did not finish my book before the deadline. Sorry! Too distracted with our puppy.

JUNE UPDATE::
I've already learned and tried two recipes, yeyh! Uxzuigal can confirm. I've made homemade chicken nuggets and bacalao from scratch! It was yummy.
JUNE UPDATE #2 : I've now learned and mastered the art of making Grissini and Bernaise-beef pizza. Husband Uxzuigal can confirm :) (sorry for the late update!)

Now onto July, where I'm working my way to 60 kg in bench press. A friend of ours challenged me to 65 kg.... Wish me luck!

JULY UPDATE : I did it. I freaking did it! 60 kg in bench press. Now on to 65 kg as a friend of ours challenged me to it. #strongnotskinny

Sooooo, all in all I am proud that I managed to do it, especially the last one with (what husband Uxzuigal says ) earth shattering 60 kg in bench press. I also did 60 kg in deadlift. Might consider competing actually! Anyway, I really liked this resolution thread here, it gave me motivation. Not just for the last resolution but for every one of them. Thank you BYOB ! :)

Eliuxz fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 4, 2016

• Locked thread