Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
for a couple hours I noticed my left shoulder and chest was hurting. otherwise I felt ok. then I started feeling weird and tingly and dizzy and my skin got cold and clammy. this lasted for a few minutes idk five or ten or fifteen minutes. then I started feeling better. I've been in bed all day. my chest/shoulder still hurts some and I feel tired but otherwise fine all those other symptoms stopped

i can't go to the doctor because I'm poor and American (thanks Obama)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

i kinda thing you did.

What are your vitals? Can you go get your blood pressure tested at one of those machines?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

are you affairs in order?

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
i don't know my vitals

i don't have any affairs except my forums accounts and stuff

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

big black turnout

those're just your posting muscles it lets you know your getting good and strong. are you drinking your mt dew shakes daily?

the unabonger

joke_explainer posted:

i kinda thing you did.

same + good luck op

Android Blues

this happened to me once but it turned out to be a kidney problem because i drank one (1) energy drink a week and it was messing up my fragile internals something bad. i went to the hospital about it and all, and it was quite scary. you know those things are bad for you but it's difficult to comprehend just how bad where even drinking one a week can make you have heart attack symptoms and reduced kidney function

anyway if you're drinking energy drinks stop it

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Honestly, that sounds scary. Isn't there a free clinic you can get to? Because that poo poo can be serious and you need to get it looked at.

Try posting in our medical forums as well. But Im prety sure they will tell you the same. We've got a ton of actual doctors there. Take your own pulse (rest 10min - pulse for 15s x4)

Uxzuigal fucked around with this message at 11:01 on May 2, 2016

<3 <3 Vanisher

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Android Blues posted:

this happened to me once but it turned out to be a kidney problem because i drank one (1) energy drink a week and it was messing up my fragile internals something bad. i went to the hospital about it and all, and it was quite scary. you know those things are bad for you but it's difficult to comprehend just how bad where even drinking one a week can make you have heart attack symptoms and reduced kidney function

anyway if you're drinking energy drinks stop it

Jesus. Im drinking two per day. <.<

<3 <3 Vanisher

Android Blues

im sure it doesn't hit everyone the same and i just got them Bad Kidneys, but it was still pretty darn shocking

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Android Blues posted:

im sure it doesn't hit everyone the same and i just got them Bad Kidneys, but it was still pretty darn shocking

Well, you just gave me alot more motivation to make my resolution. Btw, join us in it :D

<3 <3 Vanisher

Goons Are Gifts

That sounds not good, you should see a doctor and get healthy. Stay safe Ein cooler Typ

Slugnoid

how close are you to the Canadian border?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 2, 2016

google THIS

medical bills are marginally better than death op I'd get that checked out

FluffieDuckie

please seek medical advice or at least advice in a forum slightly more medically educated than byob

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

I hope you are okay op, please look over the byob official list of good hospital names to find the right cardiologist for you. but really try and see a cardiologist please, like google this said a bill is better than dead. hopefully you'll end up paying a guy to tell you you're okay and not dying and gonna live forever! but if something bad is going down u gotta go find out duder. godspeed

City of Glompton

I hope you are ok op, and it was "just" a panic attack or something not deadly.

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
I don't drink energy drinks but I drink a lot of soda I probably have diabetes it could be a kidney thing

Forums that aren't byob are scary and intimidating to post on

Looks like the county health department can't help me http://health.nhcgov.com/resources/faqs/
Too bad I don't need condoms or STD testing I could get that for free. I guess the government only cares about sexhavers

I can't go to the doctor anyway because of my social anxiety. It's embarrassing to have health problems. They will just shame me and give me the typical diet and exercise lecture. One day I'm just gonna die alone in my house cause I'm too scared to ask for help.

I feel better today but still really tired. I drove to the grocery store today and that exhausted me.

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

ECT, we love you and care about you. I don't know how to tell you that anxiety about seeing a doctor is silly without sounding dismissive, so I won't try.

If you have serious (or potentially serious) health problems, everyone in byob would be much happier if you addressed them by consulting with an actual real-life doctor who exists in reality and has a degree that's legitimate.

Cute latina females of the feminine persuasion are one thing. Heart attacks are quite another. Seeking help regarding the former is an idea, but not nearly as good an idea as seeking help regarding the latter.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

joke_explainer

ECT's nightmares and dreams come together when he rustles up the address of a back alley, no-questions-asked cardiologist who also ends up being a beautiful latina woman...

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Hi OP, I'm a doctor and I've looked over your post and ran some tests.

You've had what we in the business call a "heart attack", and after putting a timeline together of the events that you describe we have concluded that it happened "last night".

Happy to help.

symbolic

i was a Boy Scout and i do recall those are symptoms of a heart attacks

you really should see a doctor

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

pray4ect2k12

FluffieDuckie

Have you heard the story about a goon and a well because I feel like it applies here

LordVonEarlDuke

there are some seriously funny names of hospitals you should be avoiding OP

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
I saw the episode where Bart Simpson fell in a well. is that relevant

----------------

FluffieDuckie

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well."

Slugnoid

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't go to the doctor anyway because of my social anxiety.

I got social anxiety and I had to book in for a aids test a while ago.. :iamafag: I went through all the usual anxious worrying crap but it genuinely helps to stop and remember your doctor sees hundreds of other patients with way worse/more hosed up problems than you.

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
do you have aids

----------------

Slugnoid

one way to find out... ;-*

Senior Management

imho you should go to the doctor because transforming into a ghost has a very low success rate so it is safer to just be alive and posting.

:jerry:

google THIS

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't go to the doctor anyway because of my social anxiety. It's embarrassing to have health problems. They will just shame me and give me the typical diet and exercise lecture. One day I'm just gonna die alone in my house cause I'm too scared to ask for help.

i'm a little socially anxious myself sometimes but you have to just power through it when you need to get something done. put blinders on, as it were. go where you need to go, say what you need to say, don't watch people's reactions so you don't overanalyze them.

everyone has or will eventually have health problems (that is why homo sapiens sapiens are not immortal), and here in america you're one of a freaking 9-digit number of people who have preventable health problems brought on by an unhealthy lifestyle so there's really nothing to be individually embarrassed about

and if your lifestyle is literally killing you then what well-meaning person wouldn't encourage you to make some changes? i'd be more wary of the heartless shithead who wouldn't

for serious, though, if you're that paralyzed that you can't fulfill basic needs for yourself and you're that isolated where you don't have an adequate support system you probably need a social worker's help. maybe the assertive community treatment team here? or find something else in your area and make a couple of phone calls, surely someone can refer you to someone else who can help you. you can get an advocate to help you navigate the hurdles of getting healthcare and whatnot. surely there's medicare or a subsidized plan that you would qualify for if you can't afford full-price marketplace insurance

in the meantime, worst comes to worst, it's a not-quite-so-secret that you can usually make small monthly payments on a giant healthcare bill and that will keep collections off your rear end, even if you don't have formal financing in place

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do you have aids

Anyone who's viewed FYAD even once probably has. RIP.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Maybe: http://www.menshealth.com/silent-heart-attack

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
dont go to the doc, OP - my uncle wnt to one, and - BAM! - suddently he had loving cancer. doctors will loving murder u

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

http://www.carolinashealthcare.org/medical-services/get-care-now/emergency-care-locations

get a social worker while you're being seen and sign up for their financial assistance.

you've very very likely had a heart attack. you may have another, worse one if you don't seek help promptly. you probably have some degree of damage to the heart muscle.

and even if it was just a panic attack, gently caress it, talk to someone about your crippling anxiety.

good luck friend.

Noctiluca

sparkle sparkle
kinda sounds like indigestion

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

cat_herder posted:

http://www.carolinashealthcare.org/medical-services/get-care-now/emergency-care-locations

get a social worker while you're being seen and sign up for their financial assistance.

you've very very likely had a heart attack. you may have another, worse one if you don't seek help promptly. you probably have some degree of damage to the heart muscle.

and even if it was just a panic attack, gently caress it, talk to someone about your crippling anxiety.

good luck friend.

Yeah, the likelyhood for *treated* attack repeat within 5 years is high, I cannot imagine the numbers for an untreated one being pretty.

<3 <3 Vanisher

bean mom

if you need help with the co pay, ill chip in a few bucks for sure

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

Noctiluca posted:

kinda sounds like indigestion

This actually can cause chest pain for a lot of people. But still he should go to the doctor. Remember though, always bring a stool sample with just in case they need one.

:jerry:

• Locked thread