Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkeyman1138
Sep 4, 2004
Problem description: Whenever I try to download any podcasts with the latest version of ITunes, it starts loading for a split second, before downloading nothing and giving up. Clicking on the ! mark next to the podcast gives me the message "There was a problem downloading (podcast name). Authorization is needed to access (podcast URL)" This happens for every one of the 40-something odd podcasts I subscribe to, up until yesterday evening everything worked fine with it.

Attempted fixes: Have fiddled around with permissions for the Downloads folder in Itunes as per the scant few threads (Apple focused tech support forums seem to be absolutely useless) I could find about this elsewhere with any replies but no dice.

Recent changes: Nothing changed recently, when I opened Itunes that evening it did try and synch for some reason even though I have it set to never do that, and I didn't want to fill my Iphone's drive with podcasts (I listen to the podcasts on an Ipod Shuffle instead) so I cancelled it, this caused Itunes to claim it had no library and renamed my old Library as damaged and created a new one. I exited Itunes, deleted the new library and renamed my old one so it would use that again. So not sure if that might have caused it?

--

Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)

System specs: Alienware laptop (is model number relevant to this? Can provide if really necessary but otherwise will leave it at that) CPU: Intel Core 2 CPU 2Hz and 1.99ghz with 4gb RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Are you using a fully updated Vista SP2 OS? I've noticed some newer programs occasionally get a little flaky with the Vista/XP OS. It should work though.

I might try a full reinstall of iTunes if you haven't yet.

• Locked thread