Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Eeugh. We know the system has set most of us up for failure so what's the point. Enjoy the small things and live the futile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

jarofpiss posted:

exterminate all boomers imho

I hope when Trump wins he cuts Medicare spending!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

The chicks entire theory falls through the floor when confronted with the fact that Boomers are batshit terrified of technology and when a young person tries to explain how to use a computer to them they get offended at the idea that a young person knows more than them and either relegate them to a position so intolerable they quit or outright fire them. Boomers and their sticky gently caress-brained sense of management is a constant thorn in the side to younger workers who understand more about the products and services they offer than the boss actually does. Whinging about how 'A McJob is supposed to be temporary until you move into more serious work' would also be a fine worldview if more serious work was available and Boomers refuse to accept that Starbucks is the new All American 9-2-5 and when their generation disassembled all of the nations industry and shipped it overseas in pursuit of the golden margin. Articles like this are perfectly happy to consider every aspect of 'Millennial life' as an unconnected series of statements in vacuums that have no nuance or inter-sectional issues but when it comes to Life Over 50 you've plenty of shitholes like Huffpo50 celebrating how being old is _totally_ better than being young because being young is for retards. Boomers are the most entitled generation of humans that has ever loving lived and they're on a crusade to whinge as hard as they can for as long as they can that people younger than them aren't interested in their out-dated view of the loving world and their role in it as technologically incapable wrinkled toddlers covered in tacky loving gold and driving ugly retarded British sportscars which represent a world which no longer exists.

Don't serious post in this thread. It's not worth your valuable time, friend! :)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

A Millennial posted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

its ok i never wanted a house kids career or to be a real human being any ways

This, but unironically!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

i am harry posted:

did you know that in order for a hiring manager at a "big box" retail store to even see your resume you have to take and pass a near 100 question personality test that was designed by a woman with no experience whatsoever in psychology or sociology or personality and has been thoroughly discredited multiple times?
of course you did, and you scored really well on it congratulations millenial

I heard if you score a 100 percent on it Goldman Sachs calls you up and gives you a 1000k job!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Bring back duels to the death imho.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

naem posted:

Question # 2:
B) find a NEW daddy who has even MORE money, one I have sex with!!

:yeah:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Parallax Scroll posted:

milenials probably think they need to use an app to get more grit

I just eat "artisanal" corn chips for my daily value of grit.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Devian666 posted:

I think that's a defining feature of Gen X. My younger friends are surprised that we took far more drugs than they could ever imagine yet still have jobs/businesses and make a lot of money. Maybe it's not grit they lack, instead they need high quality drugs. Millennials really are hosed because of their lack of drug consumption, that would at least give them a realistic perspective of the world and how hosed it is.

We also slipped through without the crazy debt noose millennials have if they want to study so they don't end up mopping poo poo for a living.

Have you tried weed today? poo poo, stoners have been breeding it to be exponentially more powerful.

From my experience growing up in a suburban town, millennials have plenty of weed.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

GORDON posted:

Making money and being comfortable means you are participating in the economy and paying taxes left and right - payroll, sales, gasoline, property - so that poor people can have dumb things.

Being self centered is about the most socially aware thing a person can do.

poo poo, rich people pay taxes now?

Not in the America I'm living in!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Buca di Bepis posted:

I guarantee you not a single person has actually been telling people to get liberal arts degrees for the last 10 years but millenials still whine about $200k college debts with no job prospects

A suburban mom just told me to get a phd in American History.

I think she might want me to be unemployed.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Devian666 posted:

That's the sort of weed you smoke when you're coming down off acid or ecstasy. It's great they've got some for that purpose. They clearly need something stronger.

In my hometown if you didn't want weed the only other option was meth.

There was a 40% chance your dealer would try to kill you via rottweiler.

The struggle is real.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Devian666 posted:

This is how Millennials are hosed it's the baby boomers selling them poo poo drugs like meth. It isn't just debt slavery through mortgages, student loans and $100k of credit card debt it's the drugs man. Baby boomers have to hook you on meth to pay for their retirement, those heartless animals.

The Rott got better drugs than me. :(

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Frosted Flake posted:

This seems to be the same CNN crowd that is really excited about The World is Flat. High speed internet proliferation means that even individual jobs can be outsourced! Anyone in India can do nearly any job, for pennies on the dollar! Isn't this exciting and great!?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-668400

Competing with everyone else with an internet connection, who ultimately are willing to work for a lot less sounds so great. I can't wait to find out if I have the character type to survive as middle-class.

http://video.mit.edu/watch/the-world-is-flat-9145/

A lot of people on my campus are obsessed with this, I don't think they have actually read it, of course

It's basically trickle down economics for liberals who don't understand how capitalism has to work in order to function.

Oh sure, the oligarchs of America are going to let African Nestle slaves start their own tech companies, this is a rational belief!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

big black turnout posted:

it's also only a matter of time before STEM degrees (hell, any X degree that everyone is saying is the "jobs degree") becomes oversaturated and people are saying "why are you people so stupid getting X degree, when everyone knows Y degree is where all the jobs are" until Y degree becomes oversaturated and...

Eventually it will roll over and a degree in medieval history will be usefull!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

lol buddy there was a poster in my HS guidance office in 2008 that was literally 'get any degree, it doesn't matter what, it is an investment in your future!' then it showed lifetime income of high school grads vs university grads.

I'm sure it is still there.

The fundamental problem is that instead of taking any responsibility or even acknowledging that there might be an issue, instead the blame just goes onto the young people for being 'lazy' and 'entitled.' Like holy poo poo what a perversion of 'the young people are our future we leave something good behind for them!'

I'm getting a phd in retard masturbation.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mdm posted:

you will be high in demand in three years when all the baby boomers are bedridden and obese

Lol, Baby Boomers won't be around in three years.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pvt.Scott posted:

Suffering is relative and not a contest, news at 11.

But if it was, I would be winning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

genesplicer posted:

The answer to this question is quite simple, and can be found in the classic film "The Dark Crystal". There is a pivotal scene when the emperor of the Skeksis lies dying, and the remaining skeksis circle around him, plotting and scheming, figuring out how to get the scepter and screw over the other skeksis. The scheming skeksis represent the millennials. The dying emperor represents the baby boomers, like me. This scene teaches us a simple fact:

You fuckers are getting nothing until the last of us collapses, screaming and fighting, into a pile of dust and decay.

If I devour you, do I gain your mod powers?

• Locked thread