Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic-Doogies
Mar 5, 2016

by exmarx
Why are 30 year olds and up so obsessed with trying to paint us as lazy fuckers?
Don't we learn from our parents? The hard workers? Doesn't that mean they taught us to be Iphone absorbing petty shits?

Anyway, I never heard of the grit scale until today, and this sounds like a load of made up bullshit.

But hey, I think we are hardcore for being willing to put ourselves in 30-200k debt for a maybe helpful degree before we even got jobs yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic-Doogies
Mar 5, 2016

by exmarx

RFC2324 posted:

30 year olds ARE millennials. The cutoff is 1980, which was 36 years ago now.

Pardon my ignorance then. You'd be surprised how many 30 year old speakers I 've run into in college so far that put themselves in the 'not millennials' camp and not only come off as assholes, but manage to embarrass themselves in the process.
I kid you not I had one 30 something business major ask us if we knew what the gently caress a newspaper was even though our college has a well known, award winning newspaper production team.

Magic-Doogies
Mar 5, 2016

by exmarx

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

the generation where everyone got participation ribbons has trouble handling failure you say

The only participation ribbons I got were for showing up to school everyday and not missing a single day.
Never saw that award for anything else.

• Locked thread