Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

But for real, I drink bourbon, whiskey and Yuengling. Sometimes Michelob AmberBock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Terminal Entropy posted:

Drink sours, the only beers with taste and flavor.

Lol, anyways

I enjoys raw hops and sludge clouding my afternoon beer. Mm mm hopy, b hoppy. Did I say hops yet?

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I used to feel the same, then I got a best friend who has 4 kids under 12. We drink Miller Lite.

miller lite is actually completely drinkable. there are a poo poo ton of breweries around where i live and they're great but i can get a suitcase of miller lite for 16 dollars.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

RaceBannon posted:

miller lite is actually completely drinkable. there are a poo poo ton of breweries around where i live and they're great but i can get a suitcase of miller lite for 16 dollars.

This guy gets it. I'll drink miller lite if I can't get yuengling or mich amberbock

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Voted 5 op. Raises a bud light alum

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Anybody who posts angrily in favor of craft beer in here should be required to post a picture of their fedora and ironic beard.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

SweetKarma posted:

Yeah, but it's 12% alcohol so you know it's real good. Half a beer and you'll be flat on your face.

Almost every beer I've had over 10% has a disgusting edge of alcohol to it's taste. Super high ABV beers suck just admit you're in it to get wasted and start doing shots or making mixed drinks that don't taste like spoiled beer

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Beer is for drinking not savoring.

- SweetKarma 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

SweetKarma posted:

Yeah, but it's 12% alcohol so you know it's real good. Half a beer and you'll be flat on your face.

It takes like 30 poo poo beers to get mildly drunk so those without child like tolerances prefer not to drink beer flavored water

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

rio posted:

It takes like 30 poo poo beers to get mildly drunk so those without child like tolerances prefer not to drink beer flavored water

Post your fedora and beard.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Honky Dong Country posted:

This guy gets it. I'll drink miller lite if I can't get yuengling or mich amberbock

neither of us buy yuengling anymore because they are anti-union

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Aralan posted:

Almost every beer I've had over 10% has a disgusting edge of alcohol to it's taste. Super high ABV beers suck just admit you're in it to get wasted and start doing shots or making mixed drinks that don't taste like spoiled beer

I recently got a six pack of this stuff and it is absolutely delicious. :colbert:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/68269/

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Seriously though, anyone who cant drink a refreshing Miller High Life can just suck my rear end.

Don't deny that a Life is a beautiful thing to waste...

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Yuengling is the cheapest beer around here weeeee

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i used to be one who would only buy microbrew bottles when getting beer but for the past couple years i typically buy Narragansett (my preferred local cheap lager) tall boys 5 out of 6 times i go to the package store. idk i kinda just got bored of the beer snobbery and paying so much for 6 12oz bottles of beer all the time, and now instead only get fancy beer for special occasions or when i get a craving for a particular brew as well as when im in a bar that has an extensive selection and good taps. now that medical marijuana is easily available in my state its much more pleasurable to sample different strains of :420: instead of craft beer which has a lackluster buzz in comparison. that plus the whole craft beer scene is full of pretentious fools with taste in their rear end, actually tbh drinking culture in general doesnt really appeal to me like it once did so i browse leafly instead of beeradvocate

^ gansetts and dank dr. nuggs > craft brews all day

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 6, 2016

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

I recently got a six pack of this stuff and it is absolutely delicious. :colbert:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/68269/

Yeah, but where do I get this poo poo in a store? I'm not ordering beer online.

[Edit] I just read the first review. LOL

quote:

Pours a bright, semi hazy golden orange color, with a short lasting head that settles into a fine ring in the snifter. Aromas explode out of the glass, a tropical, sweet, grapefruity smell that I wish someone would make into a candle, or hell, even a bathroom spray. Just the smallest hint of green onion, too. The taste is a sweet, fruity blast with a nice lingering bitterness. Excellent. The mouthfeel is oily and syrupy....if it was just a little lighter it would make this beer just about perfect. Love Waldo's Special, one of the the top beers of the year so far for me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

George Zimmer posted:

Yuengling is the cheapest beer around here weeeee

Philly or Florida?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

neither of us buy yuengling anymore because they are anti-union

I don't buy beer for political reasons, bud. Also I work in a heavily unionized industry and honestly I'm not a fan, so....yuengling is for me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aralan posted:

Kill yourself.

I'm not joking.

Do it.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Philly or Florida?

Philly. Didn't think they sold it that far south.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

VendaGoat posted:

Kill yourself.

I'm not joking.

Do it.

Rude

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

rio posted:

the average mass-produced pilsener is like 4.5% and the avg craft brew is probably pretty similar. even if its twice that amount you're still drinking 15 beers to get mildly drunk and you're an alcoholic and i feel ya its okay we both need to go to meetings

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I don't buy beer for political reasons, bud. Also I work in a heavily unionized industry and honestly I'm not a fan, so....yuengling is for me.

idiot

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Rrrraaaaaagh how dare you buy the beer you like because politics

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Yuengling is notorious for busting unions they can go gently caress themselves

Pennsylvania pisswater

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Post your fedora and beard.

I don't have any fedoras but I do have a non neck beard beard. Does this help with your mental image of what someone who appreciates good tasting non swill beer looks like? Btw no hate on Yuengling but if you are defending bud light drinkers then I don't know what to say.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
craft beer snobs are the loving worst. a bloo bloo adjuncts. suck my loving rear end in a top hat. I get nice light tasting easy to drink beer at a low cost.

if you only drink craft beer you are a tremendous loser, but more importantly you're just not very smart.

Coors Banquet motherfuckers.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

rio posted:

I don't have any fedoras but I do have a non neck beard beard. Does this help with your mental image of what someone who appreciates good tasting non swill beer looks like? Btw no hate on Yuengling but if you are defending bud light drinkers then I don't know what to say.

If they like their bud light who gives a poo poo? You're very angry about beer, hipster craft beer beardman.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

George Zimmer posted:

Philly. Didn't think they sold it that far south.

Its been in Va for a long time and I think they have a brewery in FL.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mariana Horchata posted:

Yuengling is notorious for busting unions they can go gently caress themselves

Pennsylvania pisswater

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm very angry about beer for non-beer reasons - Mumpy Puffinz

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Actually, gently caress beer, whiskey is better. Especially Ryes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rio posted:

look at this post. haah. drat

wow.

:five:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Terminal Entropy posted:

Actually, gently caress beer, whiskey is better. Especially Ryes.

Bud Light and PBR are great with liquor. Craft beers... not so much.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
pumpkin beer season is nice though and i typically spend lots on stocking up on big bottles of beer that taste like pumpkin pie (Pumking!)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I'm very angry about beer for non-beer reasons - Mumpy Puffinz

sure, when the company is aggressively anti-union

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

pumpkin beer season is nice though and i typically spend lots on stocking up on big bottles of beer that taste like pumpkin pie (Pumking!)

i heard this is good and i do tend to at least try seasonal beers because why not but ive never seen it for sale anywhere

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Let me have a tangy citrus-y beer with a hint of apple and smoked hickory. I'll take that with a shot of Jim Beam.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Mariana Horchata posted:

I've had this stuff and its real good.

Now back to drinkin Coors and smokin a weed!! Yeah!! :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mariana Horchata posted:

Pumking rules and is my favorite pumpkin beer I just wish it didn't cost like ten bucks for a bottle of it

• Locked thread