Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Despite spending $8 million on advocacy, the proposition to let Lyft and Uber continue self-regulating was defeated, with 56% voting against the measure. In response, the ride-sharing companies plan to leave Austin on Monday morning. Instead of, you know, not being a bunch of crybabies and learning to adapt. Other cities are taking note right now that you don't have to let these companies be above the law just because hipsters love them. After all, this was put to a vote (granted, who makes an election for Saturday?), so Lyft and Uber can't blame elected officials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
lmao OP is a god drat cabbie

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Uno

rio
Mar 20, 2008

What is the Bert cab service in which to be raped - I am confused

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
OP can you please explain the meaning of "bottom bitch" in this context? You must be very young and with it because it does not make sense to me.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh no now I'll have to use those stupid petty cabs at all the festivals and smells patchouli and B.O. on the way back to my car

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
what is wrong with being a bottom bitch

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Real news for Real people.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

lol @ the new economy. hows that neoliberalism working out for ya libs?

:capitalism:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Like lyft and uber care. Three more years and all their service will be automated cars

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

what is wrong with being a bottom bitch

ask your mom

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Serious question tough, what is uber and lyft argument for why they aren't a taxi service

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think my city did the same thing, they had no problem with them as a business but they had to have commercial insurance and some background checks or something and Uber threw a stink and left. (I think)

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Uber was completely free where I live on Thursday so I don't really give a gently caress as long as they keep giving me free rides on drinking holidays.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
austin can suck my loving rear end in a top hat who loving CARES

welp we need more artisinal ride options also shove a big black cock up my rear end in a top hat

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
a lot of lovely liberals in austin are probably super pissed about this, so good work, austin

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Serious question tough, what is uber and lyft argument for why they aren't a taxi service

They put their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

ooooh im too good to drive, i live in a METROPOLIS. *needs a taxi but won't pay for it*

*hires a honda civic to drive me and expects to not get assaulted*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

get a used car and learn how to drive gently caress... black out at home like a proper alcoholic

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wendigee posted:

ooooh im too good to drive, i live in a METROPOLIS. *needs a taxi but won't pay for it*

*hires a honda civic to drive me and expects to not get assaulted*

Just so you know it's not driving the car that's a problem it's parking it.

Uber and Lyft are bad companies though.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

Just so you know it's not driving the car that's a problem it's parking it.

Uber and Lyft are bad companies though.

makes much more sense...

i also hate downtown areas because of poo poo like this so im glad i live in a poo poo hole to be honest.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Shoulda offered free rides in exchange for a vote.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

that is a good avatar... is that a popcorn cat?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

They're pretty dope. Wish they existed when I drank a lot and wish they paid their drivers more but hey

Still nice to have when you need to drop your car off at the mechanic as to not have to pull strings hearing every friends dodgy excuse when you need a ride

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

bottom bitch is not the term you wanted op.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

onegai, please, my bottom, bitch;
No moustache rides for Austin's rich.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Uber was completely free where I live on Thursday so I don't really give a gently caress as long as they keep giving me free rides on drinking holidays.

this rockefeller guy is practically giving oil away!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
yea this texas republican official is melting down about it too

yes, thats also a big breasted anime girl for an avatar of a government official in Austin.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Oh dear, the Libertarian Taxi Service who's entire business model is based on ignoring the rules is having another hissy fit

When the music stops I hope they get hosed over massively, but I knew the people in charge will get along just fine

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lastgirl posted:

yes, thats also a big breasted anime girl for an avatar of a government official in Austin.

Never thought I'd see the day that an anime gets elected.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

yea this texas republican official is melting down about it too

this crazy dude 1) managed to get elected 2) periodically makes the national news for his wacky conspiracy theories yet does not get sacked 3) got a taste of fame insulting jeb bush and went full anime chicken tendie alt right

he's like lowtax's namesake if he hadnt killed anyone

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
if only the legit taxi services were worth a drat

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

EngineerSean posted:

if only the legit taxi services were worth a drat

baby ill give u a moustache ride

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

baby ill give u a moustache ride

i love the gig economy

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

full anime chicken tendie alt right

the gently caress does this mean?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

TheReverend posted:

the gently caress does this mean?

you're better off not knowing tbh

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"Uber and Lyft are the most trusted prostitutes in a stable, frequently given the responsibility of keeping lower ranked prostitutes in line, after Austin votes for background checks"

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
As already mentioned: One thing that is routinely overlooked, besides background checks for drivers is proper insurance. Your personal private insurance policy will not cover you while you are running your Uber business in your car. This is a big deal.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i tried uber once and checked for a ride time cause i wanted to leave ina few min. it was normal price. check it again 3 min later to reserve the ride, surge pricing. go to another persons phone and look up the same ride, no surge fee. that's suspect. it's almost as if they recorded that i had already searched for that ride but didnt order so when i searched again they jacked up the price? wtf uber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

thanks for the news feed you piece of poo poo

• Locked thread