Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Like lyft and uber care. Three more years and all their service will be automated cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Serious question tough, what is uber and lyft argument for why they aren't a taxi service

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

i tried uber once and checked for a ride time cause i wanted to leave ina few min. it was normal price. check it again 3 min later to reserve the ride, surge pricing. go to another persons phone and look up the same ride, no surge fee. that's suspect. it's almost as if they recorded that i had already searched for that ride but didnt order so when i searched again they jacked up the price? wtf uber

Airlines do the same thing. It's to make you think "Oh poo poo, if I don't book now it'll go even higher!"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

They intentionally don't mention the whole insurance problem on their website.

For example they brag about their policy, even though getting caught by your insurance company doing commercial work with a personal insurance policy is a easy way to get blacklisted.

they are independent contractors. It's their responsibility to sort that out not Uber's.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I had to get a ride into work today but my ride won't be available until 2 hours after I clock out. So I'm gonna go Uber home because it's cheaper than a taxi.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

A gay couple got beaten up by an uber driver 2 blocks away from me, because he didn't like gay people.

lol and these fuckers actually want a tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Runaktla posted:

Saved lots of money and potential DUIs riding Uber don't know why this thread is full of retards Uber hating.

I guess what I'm trying to say is kill yourselves.

This but uniroinicly

• Locked thread