Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You talkin to me, asswipe? I didn't buy this avatar, it was presented to me as a gift from my secret admirer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"BiCentenials think the world should be handed to them, but they just sit around complaining, feeling entitled to a job just because they want it. They don't understand that it takes work. I started out writing buzzfeed listicles in my 20's and it was hard. 10 to 12 things only kids from the 80's would understand WITH pictures that I had to personally find. But these Bicentenials don't want to do the work. They just sit and complain that WE messed up their job prospects by creating AIs."

-Bloggers in about 200 years.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
So when these bucket of bolts get smart enough, will they demand wages? Imagine fight for 15 with robotic fry cooks and maids.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

You talkin to me, asswipe? I didn't buy this avatar, it was presented to me as a gift from my secret admirer.

Speaking as a professional asswipe, I am in fact addressing you to inform you that your posting sucks far more than your avatar advertises.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

Speaking as a professional asswipe, I am in fact addressing you to inform you that your posting sucks far more than your avatar advertises.

Listen here cuntface, this is GBS, the land of suck my drat balls. Over and out.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Can't even take your bravado with even an ounce of pity. I reserve my pity for those who may actually have to interact with you IRL.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

Can't even take your bravado with even an ounce of pity. I reserve my pity for those who may actually have to interact with you IRL.

Read my lips. gently caress you and die.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Guys I'm pretty sure there's a subforum that was designed for this exact kind of situation.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Izzhov posted:

Guys I'm pretty sure there's a subforum that was designed for this exact kind of situation.

and who the gently caress died and named you Emperor Ralp?
I'm just copping a serious 'tude today so steer clear of my truthisms.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

and who the gently caress died and named you Emperor Ralp?
I'm just copping a serious 'tude today so steer clear of my truthisms.

Yeah really to hell with that guy, lets get him!

immaculate_kasia
May 9, 2016

by Shine
i want to see the watson/deep mind/cadie combo

itll be like a radical feminist housewife SA poster + dare game sense + actually not a whore

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
All fluffershittery aside, I think the goal should be not AI but AE (artificial emotions), so get coding on that, nerds

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

RobattoJesus posted:

Can't we just cut out the middle men and get our brains transplanted into robot bodies.

have fun on the robot reservation sucker we're not gonna honor those bogus treaties

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
it's 2016 and, well, I want a cyber rear end.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*in Adam Jensen voice, whilst looking at computer rear end*:

I asked for this.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Bet you wish you had full-time hours at the duck sucking factory now :smug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Listen here cuntface, this is GBS, the land of suck my drat balls.

Mods i think weve found our new gbs title

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hogge Wild posted:

id like to see ais try to replace my shitposting

posting has already been automated

https://twitter.com/the_sa_yeti/status/721814880618156032

https://twitter.com/the_sa_yeti/status/721466682477252608

https://twitter.com/the_sa_yeti/status/721284191598546944

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Already posting at a DG.SW level. Impressive.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
How long until Lowtax replaces the mod staff with strong deterministic AI? Probably not to soon because I don't think robots can truly know anything or be pedophiles.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Harrower posted:

How long until Lowtax replaces the mod staff with strong deterministic AI? Probably not to soon because I don't think robots can truly know anything or be pedophiles.

Lowtax is going to unveil an AI dedicated solely to combating Dare reregs

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Lowtax is going to unveil an AI dedicated solely to combating Dare reregs

Dare reregs are like 98% of the new regs from 2016 so probably an AI could maintain that kind of accuracy by banning every account that registers from here on out.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Like if you register an account at SA in 2016, there's a 98% chance that you are Dare.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Ok pal, time to go. You've had just about enough. Don't care where ya go but you can't stay here :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Future of AI 6. Discussion of 'Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies'

A guy reviews the book pretty well:

http://inverseprobability.com/2016/05/09/machine-learning-futures-6

• Locked thread