Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Computers can be trained to mimic human speech, woop de fuckin do. Get back to me when they can coordinate the entire US military in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Mange Mite posted:

Proving a thing that hasn't been done is possible seems like your job

But enough about... my sex life? gently caress.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

naem posted:

The year is 2053; a long forgotten AI had become self aware, sentient; programmed with one mission: find the cats and dogs

A secret account in the caiman islands, a trust in Zurich, a cloning facility in Cambodia, a drone fleet practicing, racing, -learning.

"CATS ANS DOGS" say the AI to itself "CATS AND DOGS MUST SEE CATS AND DOGS"

The drone fleet leaves on its mission, loaded with a cargo of flesh, headed for every single camera on every single network in the world, two drones for each camera, cages, yowling, yammering,

Hacked into the network, BECOME the network, access every single camera everywhere- the world is now made of its eyes

"FIND THE CATS AND DOGS MUST SEE CATS AND DOGS EVERYWHERE I LOOK PEEK EFFICIENCY MISSION COMPLETE CATS AND DOGS EVERY CAMERA IN THE WORLD MUST SHOW ME BOTH A CAT AMD A DOG ALWAYS CATS ALWAYS DOGS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS MISSION COMPLETE"

You stole my screenplay you sack of poo poo.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Heres what it takes. It requires an AI that can understand everything required to improve itself, and have the tools to do it. This is going to take a very long time to happen.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Tax annihilated me yo, and all I got out of it was this terrific avvy.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You talkin to me, asswipe? I didn't buy this avatar, it was presented to me as a gift from my secret admirer.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

Speaking as a professional asswipe, I am in fact addressing you to inform you that your posting sucks far more than your avatar advertises.

Listen here cuntface, this is GBS, the land of suck my drat balls. Over and out.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

Can't even take your bravado with even an ounce of pity. I reserve my pity for those who may actually have to interact with you IRL.

Read my lips. gently caress you and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Champenema posted:

and who the gently caress died and named you Emperor Ralp?
I'm just copping a serious 'tude today so steer clear of my truthisms.

Yeah really to hell with that guy, lets get him!

• Locked thread