Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Sure I'll play (I'm going to regret this decision).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hi I haven't read my role pm but I'm checking in anyways.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Infinitum nice role fishing good thing I'm here to stop this monster

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

A lot of your previous posts have been alluding you enjoy your role name but that you were hesitant about saying it meaning its a pr and you were trying to play it off as just being neat.

I don't like this post no siree not one bit

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Calling it now: Infinitum is going to claim a day result to "generate discussion."

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Azuth0667 posted:

Glowku what do you use to sanitize your stuff before brewing?

I've been using a pressure cooker as a makeshift autoclave and it works really good but, is very :effort:.

You don't just use industry standard StarSan?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Jimson is probably scum

This is kinda where I'm at to be honest. Why make the post I linked above? It looks like scum trying to get a power role out under the guise of being "helpful" I guess? It doesn't seem like helping to me.

And if Jimson is town, why call attention to someone you suspect is a power role? That is not a good idea.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Absurd Revolver posted:

That would be true in games where VTs didn't have powers usually only attributed to PRs.

Which is not this one.

What if everyone is VT with shine powers but some of us become scum when the Shine goes to our brain parts :tinfoil:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Infinitum posted:

So would the obvious thing be to claim Vanilla Town and not become a target~

Instead of pointing this out scumbo?!

No he's saying you are narrowing the target list for scum by claiming VT, since their priority is killing PRs.

I don't believe anyone who claims VT on D1, but that's me.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##vote Infinitum
##vote Jimson

Stop trolling the new guy!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Yep here comes the quidnose train of thought posting spree.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Like for real I am the king of Socratic Annoyance "gotcha" bullshit and Jimson seriously trying that one a newbie is suspicious as all gently caress. Of course he's gonna get tripped up in it and look bad, why you forcing him to be that way, Jimson? His response is automatically nulltell and you're voting him.

I don't think Jimson was doing anything other than trolling, though I can see it being used as an easy segway into a real case if people start taking it seriously.

My Jimson vote is slowly becoming a real vote, both for this and the reasons I pointed out earlier.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Uh, do I know you? Who's parachute account are you?

You have to ask it three times before I can legally answer.

But I named from Friction.123 because I finally got tired of having a bunch of dumb numbers in my username.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

You have to ask it three times before I can legally answer.

But I name changed from Friction.123 because I finally got tired of having a bunch of dumb numbers in my username.

Mafia edit

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Squidnose was in holy grail mafia?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Next time I'm scum I'm just gonna play dumb as gently caress since that seems to be a good excuse to do whatever you want.

I'm happy with my vote.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

JakeP posted:

wow izhov mad scum ##vote izhov his whole "claiming VT is anti town spiel" is faked scum scumhunting

What? This post is more fake than anything I recall reading from izhov...

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
JakeP can you elaborate on why you think Izhov is scum?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Hello both people mentioned by DBD, how is your morning going? I find it kind of weird you both showed up at the same time after being mentioned!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
"The only time I see players do X" this conversation is going places.

I don't think Izzhov comes across as scum and I am very confused that JakeP is tunneling so hard on PMach for defending them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
So I really want to fully re-read Kash before committing to a vote, and I won't have time for that until tonight. I will say for now that his most recent posts are very weird, almost desperate. I'll come back with more later but that's my opinion right now.

I've just seen Kash get really mad and start calling everyone dumb under similar pressure so this "ignore everyone and post analsys instead" is strange.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Izzhov posted:

Kash the fact that you're so consistently ignoring Jimson's question is pretty concerning.

I agree it's a very important question why would anyone ignore jims son

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
This is not a new opinion from Azuth you dinguses

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
"Holy poo poo someone posted D1 is useless the ultimate scum slip quick lets get the easy turbo" - a bunch of scum.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm not excusing Azuth because he's new, I'm excusing him because he has said that same stupid thing in every game he has played. Being an idiot is not the same as being scum, as evidenced by half the players in this game.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I am not moving my vote at this point.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

That's fine we don't need your vote to kill scum.

My votes already on scum :smug:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Izzhov posted:

Yep right here:

And I'm not actually sure I want to clinch her, but we're running out of time and she's not responding to the thread at all. We have to clench today.

FTFY

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

Dude, every single vote on PMach is absolutely terrible. This game has lurker removal mechanics. A D1 Lurker cuddle is the wrong choice, 100%.

The mechanics are not nearly as strict as you seem to think. Scum and non-contributors are perfectly capable of meeting the post requirements without too much effort.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
That is a better argument that what you've articulated previously and I do see your point.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
So is the PMach case just lurking + the thing jakep quoted?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Is that even English?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

The other reason is that we don't wanna no lynch

And you don't want it to be you, you mean.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Jimson posted:

Lmfao I'm town bro.

Thats a good point I never considered that!

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'll be on for deadline, but I'm not switching my vote on the off chance PMach comes in and claims.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

I'll be on for deadline, but I'm not switching my vote on the off chance PMach comes in and claims.

Not changing in the meant time I should say.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Thank god we have town superstar dongsbot to guide us on the right path

dongsbot 9000 posted:

consider this:

izzhov has never been town in any of her games. because she's scum in real life. q.e.d.

I mean how can we not follow such compelling arguments?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm not gonna lie I'm trying to give an honest read to dongsbot's izzhov case but it is very difficult and poorly put together. The Quidnotes short version is better but not by much.

For instance, on point 3, why is someone disagreeing with the current vote leader a bad thing? Numerous people have talked about they reallllllyyyyy don't want a day 3 lynch.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
We still have an hour and a half lynch, not that I expect a claim by PMach to do much at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It's just never made a difference in the few games I've been in. We lynch a D1 lurker who last minute claimed doc, SURPRISE they were telling the truth.

• Locked thread