Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Kessel on the bench checks his palms to see if he might be holding a hamburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Come the gently caress on Capitals, you can do this.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
That was quite a sequence there. :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Moxie posted:

I don't believe you unless there's a small mouse fighting an owl in your backyard you need to agonize about
Hey Kawa is a horrible poster, but I can at least respect his love for avian dinosaurs :colbert:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:flaccid:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That's gotta hurt like hell

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.
Ouch, puck to the face

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm surprised more hockey players don't have cauliflower ears

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Phil Kessel is a saint.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

axeil posted:

I think the big problem was Dr. Gridlock just utterly refusing to do anything other than regurgitate WMATA press releases with no critical eye (apologies if that's who you work for). The Washingtonian, DCist, etc. were a little better but still not nearly critical enough until that woman died.

And now the system is going to death spiral into oblivion. I dunno what they're smoking if they think after single tracking for weeks at a time that people disrupted by that are just gonna come back. I got a parking space back in October and there's no way I'm going back to WMATA until it's fixed its safety and service issues.

Anyway, Caps look real bad, this is not gonna be pretty.

A system whose expenses are paid for by two states, a city-state, and the federal government; that has major transit lines with only two tracks instead of a reasonable four; that is so incompetent that it can't even spend all the money in its capital budget; that serves as a de facto jobs program for talentless locals... it's surprising it doesn't kill more people. And the way the economy is going, the death spiral is inevitable.

But hey! Hopefully we can take it to a Game 7 maybe if the Caps can wake up at all, though it's not looking encouraging.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
loving letang needs to chill on these pinches. That's the second 2 on 1 he gave up

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Keep hitting the crest guys, eventually you'll drill a hole through him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm liking the Pens' hop so far.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Phil Kessel is a saint.

Saintwich

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
CBC would be so much better with a Healy mute button

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Huh pens are winning face offs. This is a strange world

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Hey Kawa is a horrible poster, but I can at least respect his love for avian dinosaurs :colbert:
Kawalimus is great when talking about any team but his own

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Godinster posted:

CBC would be so much better with a Healy mute button

I feel like I'm watching darts in Scotland! 140!

:sigh:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Kawalimus is great when talking about any team but his own

Kawa is all of us it's just most of us don't post our panicked thoughts and he does

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

A system whose expenses are paid for by two states, a city-state, and the federal government; that has major transit lines with only two tracks instead of a reasonable four; that is so incompetent that it can't even spend all the money in its capital budget; that serves as a de facto jobs program for talentless locals... it's surprising it doesn't kill more people. And the way the economy is going, the death spiral is inevitable.

But hey! Hopefully we can take it to a Game 7 maybe if the Caps can wake up at all, though it's not looking encouraging.

Going to Game 7 would be cool as there is a non-zero chance I might get my bosses tickets. They lose every time he goes and he was saying if they made it to Game 7 last Friday he's giving away his tickets.

Of course being a filthy casual hockey fan I'd feel a little guilty about going to a Game 7.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Honestly I never had a problem with Kawalimus. My not-shitposting bar is pretty low though

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

How does Malkin have such pubey facial hair? Are he and Crosby on the same hormone regime or what? A dude that big should be a mountain man like Holtby.

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.

axeil posted:

Going to Game 7 would be cool as there is a non-zero chance I might get my bosses tickets. They lose every time he goes and he was saying if they made it to Game 7 last Friday he's giving away his tickets.

Of course being a filthy casual hockey fan I'd feel a little guilty about going to a Game 7.

Nothing better than being at a Game 7 in person to turn a filthy casual into an obsessed nerd!

Not that I'm rooting for a Game 7...

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CobwebMustardseed posted:

Nothing better than being at a Game 7 in person to turn a filthy casual into an obsessed nerd!

Not that I'm rooting for a Game 7...

Haha well last time I was really paying attention was after that crazy triple OT game the Caps had back in 2011 or so against the Rangers. That was pretty awesome but then I lost interest the next season.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/730193000379363328

bieber :argh:

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Crosby you can shoot when you're open it's okay

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Alzner dead. :rip:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

This is pretty one-sided.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

I can't believe they didn't get that puck in

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What a loving move by Cullen

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Not sure how that huge Niskanen slash wasn't a penalty but you know what if we're not gonna call penalties I'm ok with that I guess since the Caps powerplay blows ours out of the water

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

What a loving move by Cullen
Cullen fuckin' owns so hard.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Cullen was butt puckering close to getting a skate to the throat :stare:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

again?

no, really I'm legit asking cause it'd be funny as hell that a Canadian is the one going around loving up everybody's stadiums

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
drat that was close to a tie game.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Caps starting to play like they know it's over if they lose.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Macnult posted:

Caps starting to play like they know it's over if they lose.

If only they had realized that before the game started

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
this is like watching a snuff film

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Pens are getting positive results from all their lines, much better than game 5 so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Jesus christ Caps Holtby can't do it all himself - one to two of you turds need to figure out how to score like right now.

hahah Pens are out hustling them SO HARD right now god damnit

And how is that not holding?

• Locked thread