Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Amaranthine request: If you joined us to play Amaranthine and aren't going to play / haven't been around in awhile / said gently caress these guys can you login real fast and dump your stuff into guild storage so new people can use it? We've just about dried up the holiday gear market from what the pubs were selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This game is just nuts.

I don't even know how to explain it, other than my xyphoid process is level 5:

http://semitrivial.com/

I think my implants are giving me dimishing returns on weapon attacks.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Bloodly posted:

Has Kittensgame changed to Swarm Simulator in response?

Mine changed to be loving hosed this morning for some reason. Gonna try to reload it in a couple hours since they were merging to master on changes last night.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

In Idling to Rule the Gods should I only be killing 1 extra God per rebirth or can I do more than one? That newbie guide made it sound like it messed with a multiplier if you did more than one a rebirth.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ok, thanks! My stats are a little weird because I started playing this about a year ago and stopped so I have some buffed up stats I think. I've gotten to a stable point where the only thing taking me time to hit on a rebirth besides waiting an hour is my creating multi taking awhile to go green. I'll just keep pressing through with rebirths and follow the beginners guide from here.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Right now I'm trying to eke out my final god battle of this UBC and hoping that it puts me over the edge into victory. My Mystic is so much lower than it needs to be right now because I don't have full 1-caps, so I'm just puttering with TBS while I wait for achievements to boost my multipliers and hope it's enough to finish Baal without doing another rebirth and waiting a day or two longer.

I might have to focus on ITRTG again after I finish Mine Defense. Which, by the way, the Mine Defense wiki is really outdated and I think I'm going to finish it way sooner than I thought which in this instance is not a positive. Apparently they did some balancing and nobody gave a poo poo anymore.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Do you have your 1-caps yet? If you don't, load the game and unlock all the skills before you put it down again to finish Mine Defense. I wish I had done that back when I stopped playing ItRTG, uh, two and a half years ago or whatever it was I left this game alone, lol.

This is my first UBC, yeah, I am just trying to unlock Crystals for now, then it'll be more speedrunning and eventually DRCs.

I think I'm about halfway down the skill list. I might kick it a couple times while I wait on essence in Mine Defense so I can start ignoring it for days waiting to get the last achievements.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Aurora posted:

it put me in jail for an hour for trying to inspect element so gently caress this game

i don't want to wait around for like 30 minutes to buy my own company

That's pretty hilarious though. Good news, by the time you get out of jail you can buy your own company.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Speaking of holiday quests. How do you get drops for ITRTG stuff? I'm still pretty early on in the game so I might not be able to access it?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

When I came back to ItRtG I had a really old save that got max clones at 99,999 from idling a long rear end time which sounds great. I'm only on my 10th rebirth and it's a real pain in the rear end to not be able to have it "Create Clones if not at max". I don't see anywhere I can set a static number of clones I want to keep on hand that I can slowly raise anywhere. Am I just stuck with this until I catch up to needing the 100k clones and have a high create speed?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sindai posted:

If you already have 245% creating speed and still aren't at the point where your Creating stat lets you black bar clones, spending the 3 GP each rebirth to max them is probably not a bad idea.

EDIT: To answer your actual question, yeah, the creation management automation leaves something to be desired. But with where you are you probably want to be making clones almost all the time anyway. With 1 CC and low speed it's impractical to build more than a couple of monuments by hand, IIRC.

Once you unlock the divinity generator you'll just want to make 1 of everything you need to reach it, which is easily done by turning off create if not max and setting the the Next Ats to 1. Once it reaches the end of the list it'll wrap back around to clones.

Yeah that might be more a mid-term strategy for me. I only have 75% creating speed bought with GP right now and just killed Nephythys for the first time after letting it go overnight. When I rebirth I have to farm to kill Izanagi so I'm not putting out a bunch of GP yet. It's just annoying that I can't let it start building clones and then switch to doing my creation stuff once it maxes. I probably should have nuked the save and started fresh but I'm far enough along I don't want to do that yet.

edit: I'm stopping it at about 8k clones right now and moving to creation from there. Does that number sound about right for where I'm at?

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 1, 2017

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I just hit 245% creation speed in ItRtG and am going to start working on building speed multiplier. Are there any recommendations for how many monuments to build each time? Is it something where you try to do it like killing goes with getting 1 more each time? I can build and get to the divinity generator but I haven't looked into using it much because it seems super inefficient for my building speeds.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sindai posted:

It's always efficient to use the generator because it returns at worst 1.666...x the divinity you put into it (if you haven't gotten rid of the creation purchase tax yet.) Generally you spend most of your rebirth upgrading the generator, then spend the rest building monuments and upgrades, which is why build speed is so important.

You never really shoot for a set number of monuments, it's more about building as many as you can while achieving whatever goal you have for that rebirth: defeating a new god, increasing your rebirth multipliers by 10x, completing a challenge, getting as far as you can in an hour or two to farm GP, etc.

The tricky part is knowing what stats to focus on. Early on it'll probably be mystic plus battle or physical. Later, once you have enough divinity and build speed to hit the 20 upgrade cap on those, it'll be Godly Statues. You probably want to build at least the first 2 upgrades for everything, because they both only cost 1 creation, while the third costs 4 and it rises exponentially from there.

Hm ok good to know. It still takes me a couple hours to get to the divinity generator before I can start using it. I was building multiples of monuments with buys while letting my clones get up to 99,999 but I might adjust my strategy to go straight to the divinity generator instead of doing some of the other monuments as multiples first.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Wow, you weren't joking about the divinity generator. I was traveling this week when I opened it the first time and kind of brushed it off. This is going to be a giant rebirth for me on progress now. Nice!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

For ItRtG as I'm trying to 1 clone my training skills should I have clones spread across as many as I can or leave it on the next 2-3 I'm trying to idle? I'm assuming it uses the skills more because of less choice but I'm not 100% certain if that is the best way to do it or not.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Enigma posted:

You don't need to train them at all to reduce the cap. They just have to be unlocked and used in special fights. Every 3 uses decreases clone cap by 1.

You can do special fights manually or script it for fastest results, or you can leave it on auto. If you leave it on auto, all unlocked skills are used once per minute, so the cap goes down by 1 clone every 3 minutes (or per 1 per minute if you have the 300% boost from being offline).

So I should leave it offline to bring them down overnight or is that a bonus applied from being offline for so long? I've just been leaving it open to run overnight on a VM.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

GrossMurpel posted:

How about you just make one button to buy 10 for 9x the cost and one to buy 10 for 10x the cost, that way everyone is happy :thunk:

Don’t miss an iap opportunity for the 10 by 10x buying instead of 9 for 10x cost

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

something posted:

It's really all my fault. On the build last night I had constant console errors on firefox and it wouldn't load. I panicked, googling a million causes and somehow got it into my head that the way i had set up the files I upload to Kong were done "wrong", so i changed it. That upload is what i think caused the save loss, and to boot i was still getting crashes on firefox. My FF crash issues seems to have randomly resolved itself today, so I'm reverting everything back. so hopefully anyone who just never refeshed or loaded NGU in the last 24-ish hours will miss the entire garbage fire I self-caused.

I need a drink and it's 9:03 AM.

I'd say it's time to write some sort of validation test for saves somehow but it seems like overkill and I'm not even sure how you'd do it. I've also been drinking so this might not be the best advice.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Only 1.24 million more time to burn before I can reset on Technomancy. Luckily I had a save before I did a Prestige and noticed it was all gone. As some other posters stated I hope the game picks up soon or I might dump it off to visit again later (never).

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kyrosiris posted:

If you max out every item from a given set, there's new set completion bonuses. An example:

Where can I see the challenges screen?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Is there a way I can just filter this thread for anything that says NGU? I figured out how to show all the results via search but it isn't a big list of posts I can just read to try to catch up.

I'm moving from 30 minute > 1 hour runs because the amount of touching I have to do while I'm at work is to much right now. For my 30m runs I was going to boss 38/39 and have 1 EP / 6 Bars and 1 MP / 2 Bars (second bar after this reset). I was doing 2 safety scissors, 4 milk infusion and 4 cannon implants with 3 blood magic for rebirth multiplier. That'd take me to about 26 minutes and then I could work on grinding down energy 5th tier attack/defense numbers. I'm assuming by doubling my numbers I should see increased XP but probably not double right away. Does that sound like a sane goal?

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 29, 2018

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

NGU Is there a board where we can post bugs / feature requests / typos or is it just in the thread?

It'd be nice if you could have an auto-advance for Augments like you can buy for your training.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

pixaal posted:

It's the big rear end number at the top with a glowing red or green arrow. In all honesty it shouldn't take you too long to do a challenge even after just unlocking it. Your XP gives you the biggest benefits. If doing several runs of 1h or lower, usually first few runs will be 10-15 minutes) doesn't get you back to where you were in a day or two you were doing too long of runs and should be farming XP. It can be very beneficial to "bleed" some number off and do a few 15 minute long runs for massive XP and then do hour long runs after that. If your average run is over an hour you should re-evaluate how much XP you are getting.

If it's worth it or not is going to be well how much do you value a 10% increase to your adventure stats? You probably aren't too short on boosts yet because up until High Security Base they are pretty plentiful so the increased recycle isn't going to be useful. It's extremely useful later when you are trying to max out a new set and have a 100% recycle rate.

When you talk about bleeding your number are you going from say 2E+036 down to 2E+030 and then letting a long run go for a bit to get it back to where you were? I've been just doing hour long runs while I'm at work and letting a long one run overnight and dropping it a little during the day. I'm not sure how far to bleed on 15 minute runs without completely gimping myself.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Is the next energy sink in NGU the time machine or advanced training? They both look viable.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

My forest gear with boosts in the 70s started to make it semi-idlable for me.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Growing pains happen as long as you are a benevolent master about it the peasants won’t rebel.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

something posted:

I think part ofit was the initial release had a heap of problems from allocating too much memory in webgl to the tutorial tooltip being stuck. I fixed all that within a couple hours... Except i didnt realize i was uploading to the preview spot not the actual public release. :v

Of course, if goons rated 5 it would help me out wink wink shill shill.
:ck5:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Need to get the whale sellout store online pronto.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Early game if you are using that spreadsheet you should jack the magic numbers up so it doesn’t sugggest you buy it until at least 1m energy. Like tell it you have 1m magic and 50 bars or something. You want to focus on energy early.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

something posted:

So um... I released .362 last night (and .363 this morning but thats another story).

It has the kreds API hooked up.

I have made more money in about 9 hours than I make at my job in a month.

What the gently caress

Living the dream one idle at a time.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm just waiting on pixaal to release a spreadsheet before I dig in. Keep posting setups I can use to train TIA.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

pixaal posted:

Who said I was making a spreadsheet for idle loops? It doesn't really need one you just kind of jam stuff in see how the run goes and tweek the run filling in any gaps.

It was a bad joke :(

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Turning up your tickcount is the only way to play Kittens Game

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The first theme should always be the SWF theme with black and white and simplified menus

Edit: That might also stop it from murdering my work Mac fans

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Mayor McCheese posted:

Mega Land bustin' out list

After the 2k Adventure NGU what are the other "important ones"?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

explosivo posted:

Jesus christ, I've got a severe case of stat envy over here.

Same.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

sevenflow posted:

Hi! Hopefully this is the right thread for this.

I'm working on an open source game for fun that combines clickers, ARPGs, and some light automation/scripting elements (similar to the FF12 Gambit system). I'm basing it on what I've discovered in endgame Diablo/PoE/etc, where it feels like 90% of success is your build, and maybe 10% is player agency. To that end, I thought it'd be fun to try creating a game that centers around getting loot and building up your character, automating their "AI" to control what they do and when, then hitting play to watch your character try to complete whatever dungeon, get more loot, and progress.

I'm still buttoning up some stuff before I share a (very, very basic) playable prototype, but my main question is: Are there any clickers similar to this that I could learn from? I've only played Dark Room, Paperclip, and a some Amaranthine for any considerable amount of time.

Yah just post the alpha/beta link already!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I want to play this game already. How do you feel about scripting if we don’t submit high scores a la NGU?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Zokari posted:

NGU: Man, the 24-hour challenges are a slog but they sure give you a lot of AP! I probably would have buckled down and done them earlier if I'd realize how lucrative they were.

I'm enjoying the challenges right now. I ignored them for a long time and am catching up. I knocked out all the basic and am going through and getting some nice quality of life upgrades. The Troll challenges are stupidly fun to do especially when you've been drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sage Grimm posted:

That's uh cool I guess but it's a god drat single player game. What pay to win?

The love of your mom and reddit posting creds