Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Alright, so my original strategy was just fine. I guess I'll just continue the grind until I can switch over to Dwangels.

Yeah unlocking the last few researches blows but it's nothing a few overnight runs can't unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I forgot if people actually talked about Antimatter Dimensions previously in this thread. https://ivark.github.io/
It's a bit like Derivative Clicker except resets are at pre-set points and you only get currency once you hit infinity. They're also apparently updating it quite frequently, and recently put in challenges, auto buyers, and another level of prestige.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Ah, man. In ITRTG, does The Baal Slayer impact your attack against all gods? I had previously assumed it was only applicable to P.Baals but the text in the game just says it impacts crit chance/damage while fighting gods.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Yeah, it's all of them and it's crazy. Once it's fully upgraded it becomes trivial to have a 100% chance for a 1000% crit on everyone.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Don't bother until you've upgraded it though, since it completely resets on rebirth.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Sindai posted:

Don't bother until you've upgraded it though, since it completely resets on rebirth.

Right now I'm trying to eke out my final god battle of this UBC and hoping that it puts me over the edge into victory. My Mystic is so much lower than it needs to be right now because I don't have full 1-caps, so I'm just puttering with TBS while I wait for achievements to boost my multipliers and hope it's enough to finish Baal without doing another rebirth and waiting a day or two longer.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Right now I'm trying to eke out my final god battle of this UBC and hoping that it puts me over the edge into victory. My Mystic is so much lower than it needs to be right now because I don't have full 1-caps, so I'm just puttering with TBS while I wait for achievements to boost my multipliers and hope it's enough to finish Baal without doing another rebirth and waiting a day or two longer.

I might have to focus on ITRTG again after I finish Mine Defense. Which, by the way, the Mine Defense wiki is really outdated and I think I'm going to finish it way sooner than I thought which in this instance is not a positive. Apparently they did some balancing and nobody gave a poo poo anymore.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is that your first UBC? The consensus seems to be to only do the first one to unlock crystals, and then wait until you're 1-capped to do the rest. Not that this will do you much good if you're coming up on Baal.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Virigoth posted:

I might have to focus on ITRTG again after I finish Mine Defense. Which, by the way, the Mine Defense wiki is really outdated and I think I'm going to finish it way sooner than I thought which in this instance is not a positive. Apparently they did some balancing and nobody gave a poo poo anymore.

Do you have your 1-caps yet? If you don't, load the game and unlock all the skills before you put it down again to finish Mine Defense. I wish I had done that back when I stopped playing ItRTG, uh, two and a half years ago or whatever it was I left this game alone, lol.

This is my first UBC, yeah, I am just trying to unlock Crystals for now, then it'll be more speedrunning and eventually DRCs.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Virigoth posted:

The dragon bits at the end still really stall the gently caress out. But yeah, I think there was some balancing since the wiki itself existed, and it's not symmetric changes - my playthrough some months back I ended up stalling on one Oracle message and then blowing past three at once, mutiple times.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's normal. About half the oracles are for the real blockers while the other half are safety nets in case you weren't doing something you were supposed to while working on others.

I don't think MD has been touched since 2015 but the last stages still take a lot of time, but annoyingly it's more because of poor UI than anything else: the return on sacrificing dragons decreases the more you feed, so it's better to manually sacrifice hundreds thousands instead of maxing a handful, and the automatic dragon sacrificer picks one of the elemental paths to go down at random, so it invariably ends up running you dry of 1 essence type while you have tons of the others.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 21, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Hallelujah, the first UBC is completed at last and woah that's a big chunk of god power to get at once, between the refunded purchases and the 100 for the challenge.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

GrossMurpel posted:

I forgot if people actually talked about Antimatter Dimensions previously in this thread. https://ivark.github.io/
It's a bit like Derivative Clicker except resets are at pre-set points and you only get currency once you hit infinity. They're also apparently updating it quite frequently, and recently put in challenges, auto buyers, and another level of prestige.
This seems pretty fun. It's a simple, pure idler that progresses fast.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

In ITRTG what determines whether fighting a monster is worth non-zero Battle/s?

e: Also does bonus creation speed from being offline carry through a rebirth?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

peepsalot posted:

I think what shows on the tooltip is Battle/s specifically with only 1 clone assigned to the monster in question, so it's probably determined by whether or not a single clone could kill it.

Bonus creation speed from being offline does carry over and stacks with bonus creating time that you get from spending Ad Points.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

peepsalot posted:

You have to have clones able to fight the monster without dying for a positive Battle/s.

e: the post above me is more precise but the single clone not being able to beat the monster without dying is why

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah some of the tooltips in ITRTG are kind of useless, to tell how much you're actually increasing your battle/s you need to look at the change in "total battle/s" at the top of that tab when you add or remove clones.

And if you mouse over that the tooltip tells you how much Divinity you're getting if you're instantly killing every monster you're fighting.

Each monster gives you less than double the battle of the previous (and double the divinity), while their stats increase by 100 or 200x, so the diminishing returns are extremely high and it's not worth putting more than a small fraction of your clones into fighting.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 21, 2017

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GrossMurpel posted:

Thanks, this will hold me over for the last day or two while I finish up a big project in Realm Grinder.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ah, some epic memes in the achievements for that

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ignoranus posted:

Do you have your 1-caps yet? If you don't, load the game and unlock all the skills before you put it down again to finish Mine Defense. I wish I had done that back when I stopped playing ItRTG, uh, two and a half years ago or whatever it was I left this game alone, lol.

This is my first UBC, yeah, I am just trying to unlock Crystals for now, then it'll be more speedrunning and eventually DRCs.

I think I'm about halfway down the skill list. I might kick it a couple times while I wait on essence in Mine Defense so I can start ignoring it for days waiting to get the last achievements.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Aurora posted:

Ah, some epic memes in the achievements for that

the news ticker has gems of wisdom like "if black lives matter, do white lives antimatter?" :thunk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
When's the best time to do Dimensional Sacrifice?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The first time would be whenever you've got 8th dimensions bought. You'll have plenty of time to experiment with it and see how it affects the multiplier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I just got my first galaxy so I've used it a few times. I decided to hold it until I only had one more 8th dimension milestone to go and that seemed to work okay.

Is there any reason not to do galaxy resets as soon as you can afford them?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Gfdi my realm grinder save just ate itself. I know I can recover it with a save editor, still very irritating

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Magres posted:

Gfdi my realm grinder save just ate itself. I know I can recover it with a save editor, still very irritating

Load cloud save?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ungulateman posted:

the news ticker has gems of wisdom like "if black lives matter, do white lives antimatter?" :thunk:
yeah it reads like another of those racist Scandinavian people who just like, have no idea that racism is "bad" so lol epic memes black lives matter

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Good news! Turns out my final pre-Ascension grind in RG was so slow because I did virtually no excavations. Did a few thousand and it gave Dwarves such a huge buff that I could instantly jump 5 orders of magnitude in gems by abdicating. :feelsgood:

ungulateman posted:

You can turn off the news ticker in settings, thankfully. And also invert the colours to the entire game.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sindai posted:

I just got my first galaxy so I've used it a few times. I decided to hold it until I only had one more 8th dimension milestone to go and that seemed to work okay.

Is there any reason not to do galaxy resets as soon as you can afford them?

You mean buying galaxies? No, if you plan to get it there's no reason to go further than you need to buy it.
However, it's not necessary to get two galaxies later on because it's faster to push through with just 1 (and I assume even with 0 at some point).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Merijn posted:

You can turn off the news ticker in settings, thankfully. And also invert the colours to the entire game.

The inversion seems fine until you get back to the Dimensions section and see this garish grey being used for non-buyable dimensions and the infinity bar's percentage is now nearly unreadable. The achievements section is even worse.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

You mean buying galaxies? No, if you plan to get it there's no reason to go further than you need to buy it.
However, it's not necessary to get two galaxies later on because it's faster to push through with just 1 (and I assume even with 0 at some point).

Does that mean that there's some mechanic to reset Galaxy numbers such that it's possible to finish the Claustrophobia achievement?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Does that mean that there's some mechanic to reset Galaxy numbers such that it's possible to finish the Claustrophobia achievement?

Oh yeah it all resets once you hit infinity. You should get there pretty fast once you get your second galaxy, you'll hit it at 190 eigth dimensions.
Just as a general rule though: There's no reason to go beyond the number of dimensions needed for reset. For example, it's completely pointless to go to 30 dimensions when you need 20 to unlock the next tier, and it's also pointless to get, say, 150 eigth dimensions if you want to buy the dimension boost at 135. You'll get a feel for all of this as you go though, and the game keeps speeding up all the time after that first galaxy.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 22, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Merijn posted:

Good news! Turns out my final pre-Ascension grind in RG was so slow because I did virtually no excavations. Did a few thousand and it gave Dwarves such a huge buff that I could instantly jump 5 orders of magnitude in gems by abdicating. :feelsgood:
That explains it. I was wondering if you were missing secret trophies or researches or something, since pre-Ascension shouldn't be too hard to just stack 10x multipliers nonstop.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.clickerheroes2.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAm55GbGlo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Antimatter: how many infinity upgrades should I have before I start doing challenges? I've got all the 1-2 point ones.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Sindai posted:

Antimatter: how many infinity upgrades should I have before I start doing challenges? I've got all the 1-2 point ones.

I'm on 24 infinities and doing the last few now (not sure if I'll be able to push through them). You can do some of the easier ones now (start with the one that makes all your buildings remove lwoer tier ones when you buy them, it's easy as hell).

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Looks like fun. I like the rush mode.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

hopefully the main progression in 2 doesn't involve never ending 30 minute runs because that poo poo was the most unfun mechanic

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
What I didn't like about clicker heroes is that you have to be really careful not to hinder your own progress because the ancient bonuses are so small, so you'd end up basically just plugging your save into a calculator and letting it decide what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I got to R60. Didn't really get Lineages, but there was an interesting sounding build. I had 2000 assistants. Now I have 50,000+. Not gonna pretend I get them yet, but holy poo poo, Lineages are amazing.