Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

Meskhenet posted:

Im running shark game. My current gate is asking for 100m science....... its probably going to take me as long as ive been playing (about 4 worlds) to get that ><

When you need massive science, bear in mind that kelp generates sea apples and sea apples can be dissected for science. Once you have your recycler running you can produce a few billion kelp and dissect the resulting apples until you have however much science you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

The new icons are nice, the graphics are pretty, I don't mind the font personally, but the actual layout is less clear and usable than the old layout was. The compact lists help a lot, but it's still somewhat worse than it used to be in that regard. That said, I appreciate having a unified buying interface for different upgrade types, although the decision to give realm exchanges their own, more awkward buying interface baffles me a little.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

I'm playing Trimps and am extremely disappointed that the upgrade research for Dagger isn't called Daggest.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Eldercain posted:

I'm about 200 levels into dream and I gotta say the best class by far is bard. At least early it's easy to 4x your stats and reduce enemy below 0 by having one. The game could def get samey as it goes but I'm still moderately interested

Yeah, bards are hilarious once they have decent cooldown/duration buff and can just permanently dunk all enemy stats.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Randalor posted:

My computer is being dumb with screenshots, I've been letting autotrimps handle perks mostly. Here's what I have:

Relentlessness: 2
Carpentry: 10
Artisanry: 6
Range: 0
Agility: 10
Bait: 0
Trumps: 0
Phermones: 6
Packrat: 0
Motivation: 11
Power: 12
Toughness: 9
Looting: 22

Also, I realized I hadn't done the first scientist challenge, so I did that, portaled and turned back on Autotrimps and it seems to be working properly at the start now. I think the creator of Autotrimps just assumed that you would have Scientist 1 completed and the initial starting resources. However it still enjoys assigning people to jobs that don't exist yet.

While I wouldn't recommend going heavily into them, a few levels of Trumps and Bait will speed up the early game considerably for not too much helium.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Which "Promotion" should i do first in Revolution Idle?

They all seem very lackluster, only increasing revolution time by 1,73 for example (isn't that just a 73% increase in currency?) whereas prestiging have given me around 100 times increased currency every time i have done it. Prestiging has stagnated something fierce now though, a full day and my multiplier is only doubled.

Unless I'm being a math idiot, it should be more than a 73% increase in currency over any given timespan since it's also an increase in your rate of multiplier growth.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Merijn posted:

I'm just about ready to kick Artist Idle to the curb, as it's now the second time all my fame disappeared after a move. :argh:

The tooltip says it's supposed to keep fame up to a certain level, but twice now I move, I finish my first painting laboriously... and when the new tabs finally appear it says 'Fame: 10'. Is this a bug or what? Using Opera.

That's supposed to happen after a visa buy, not a move. Moves should keep fame up to the city's max and if not it's presumably a bug.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

It looks like you can overflow the price of vacations in Artist Idle to a negative value. The price continues increasing so eventually it becomes positive again but it loops back to negative in time. It happens somewhere between 2 and 3 billion.

Benly fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 16, 2018

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Got to the successor in Artist Idle. It resets everything but gives 10 palettes (microtransaction currency), +100% fame gain from museums, and 3 harps. Harps open up a new "music" tab, where there is an apology for this tab not being implemented yet and a counter for some music-notes resource increasing, presumably based on number of harps.

edit I was playing on an older version apparently. You can trade in harps to unlock muses who give bonuses which you can power up with musical notes.

Benly fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

Nibble posted:

I'm getting close, myself, but I'm wondering if it's even worth bothering after learning that the primary prestige rewards seem to be not yet implemented.

Edit: What the hell's the point of un-assigning every single student when you give a lecture besides making me click another hundred times? I might not even make it to the successor, poo poo's frustrating.

It's been implemented, I was playing on an old version when I made that post and have edited it since. Harps are spent to unlock Muses, which give you a bonus that can be powered up by spending music notes.