Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

better yet give me 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Because their people are wise enough to keep telling us no.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
1. too poor
2. too smelly

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
too many Mexicans

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

can't fit another star or the flag'll plum give out

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

They're too lazy to put a star on all the American flags.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Would be a part of a certain geographic region. No one wants that taint upon them, state or no.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nooner posted:

too many Mexicans

this too

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6wo2wpT2k

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

too foreign

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
we should invade cuba

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
They keep voting against it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
:911:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

1. too poor
2. too smelly

hasn't stopped [whatever state you dislike]

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

MiracleWhale posted:

can't fit another star or the flag'll plum give out

we can squeeze in another stripe maybe

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

50 states is a round number and Americans are too stupid to deal with 51 states

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ferroque posted:

hasn't stopped [whatever state you dislike]

puerto rico

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i dont think any of them particularly care nor do "real" americans. conversely, why are they are a territory at all?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Not enough whites

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

name sounds like something on the taco bell dollar menu

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
50 is a nice even number

the us has always had 50 stars in the flag since our founding fathers founded poo poo and i'll be damned if those liberals will go against the constitution again

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

how bout they get statehood and we don't worry about the loving flag

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

1. Too brown.
2. They pretty much riot every time it's brought to the ballot.
3. I'm gay.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
1. Puerto ricans

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've been thinking about this on and off for the past few because I'm pretty drat sure Puerto Ricans DID vote to become a state last election. If I remember after the vote the ball was in congress's court to get the process rolling (or something). So what happened? Is it really just a matter of congressfolks just not giving enough of a gently caress to put together the legislation before everyone forgot about the whole thing? Or am I just grossly misinformed?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Well first of all it isn't a state and secondly it just isn't a state. Maybe it should be but that's not really the question you asked, is it.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

lizardman posted:

I've been thinking about this on and off for the past few because I'm pretty drat sure Puerto Ricans DID vote to become a state last election. If I remember after the vote the ball was in congress's court to get the process rolling (or something). So what happened? Is it really just a matter of congressfolks just not giving enough of a gently caress to put together the legislation before everyone forgot about the whole thing? Or am I just grossly misinformed?

go watch some John Oliver clips on YouTube and come back to the thread

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Ferroque posted:

how bout they get statehood and we don't worry about the loving flag

Lol are you kidding? Give a bunch of votes to brown poor people for the upcoming general election? That poo poo would never fly for conservatives.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
to be frank if we had 49 states right now i think they'd actually be going forward with it

50 really is a nice even number

maybe we should divest from a state before adding another one (yo florida/texas/whatever)

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

lizardman posted:

On December 11, 2012, the Legislative Assembly of Puerto Rico enacted a concurrent resolution to request the President and the Congress of the United States to respond diligently and effectively, and to act on the demand of the people of Puerto Rico, as freely and democratically expressed in the referendum held on November 6, 2012, to end its current status as a territory and to begin the process to admit Puerto Rico to the Union as a state.[1]

In 2014, resolutions were introduced in both houses of the United States Congress (H.R. 2000; S. 2020) to hold a yes-or-no referendum among Puerto Rican residents on statehood, with a "yes" majority compelling the President to submit legislation enacting Puerto Rican statehood.[2][3] Both resolutions died in committee.[4]

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Mozi posted:

to be frank if we had 49 states right now i think they'd actually be going forward with it

50 really is a nice even number

maybe we should divest from a state before adding another one (yo florida/texas/whatever)

merge the dakotas, who'd even notice

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Lol are you kidding? Give a bunch of votes to brown poor people for the upcoming general election? That poo poo would never fly for conservatives.

oh i didn't mean right now but i don't see why number of stars on the flag MUST ALWAYS EQUAL number of states in the union

like is that in the constitution (it's not)

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
1) broke as hell
2) puerto rico day parade

i would say grant independence but theyre too dependent, so.. sell it to cuba or somebody

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MiracleWhale posted:

merge the dakotas, who'd even notice

Merge the Virginias and Carolinas while you're at it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
south and north carolina are pretty much the same at this point, unfortunately (way to go, idiots)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we already have one missouri, dont need another one

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Too many Puerto Ricans

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
voted 2 porto rico sucks