Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

499,196,015 I need friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Edit: Never mind, figured it out!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 5, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I finally got garland to max level and drat he does hit hard.

I still need 4 more God's Reliquary, 10 Sacred Crystal and 8 Farplane Dew to awaken him to 5*. It's going to take so long to get all that.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 8, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Fiss posted:

When doing the colosseum try stealing everything all the time. I've never had an issue with an awakening mats other than sacred and holy crystals since as far as I know they only drop in the awakening vortex INT and ADV.
I would have the 3* FP thief steal from every monster for every match up to around BGN S rank. At that point he would usually die to fast to be able to steal though. Also I think level or some stat influences steal rate so a max Vaan or Zidane would be better if you have one of those.

Yea, I have been, but I have only got a single rare steal... though I just got to Arena B. Hopefully I catch up soon!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I also just hit rank 20. Which means I have room for 5 more friends too if anyone else wants to add me.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Someone please convince me not to do an 11 pull, I'm at 4900 lapis and and I'm already itching to do it!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

So, in Granport there is supposed to be an Earth Key (#7) that gives you the bio blaster recipe. But I go to the spot on the map (The inn just south of the town entrance) and look behind the wall and there is absolutely nothing there. Anyone else have this problem?

And thank you guys for convincing me to save my tickets. It's difficult though!

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 21, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't walk to it in the hidden village, there's a solid/invisible wall where the hidden path should be.

I was able to get there, I think you may have to beat the boss first to open it up though, but I'm not sure.

Eddain posted:

You kinda have to tap the wall rather than bump into it like a normal treasure.

I have tried running into and tapping everything in that entire room and nothing.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

So what's the easiest way to start playing this without being in Sweden? I've never installed anything any other way but through the app store on anything. I have an iPhone and a Galaxy tablet, so whichever would be easier to do it on.

Download it off the play store or whatever apple users do, it's out globally now.

I caved in and used all 22 of my tickets I had, I got an Exdeath, I think it was worth it.

I booted a bunch of inactives, I'm currently running 5* Garland (lvl 80) with 2* Shiva (lvl 12) equipped and Murasame (224 atk, 105 mag, 171 def, 2748 hps) until I get my new Exdeath awakened a couple of times.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

I did two pulls (gonna take the advice and save for Rate Ups)
Got Sabin and Garland. Both 3*
Either of these do anything good?

Once you get Garland to 5* he's a beast. He's carried me through everything so far.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

Here's what I have, what party should I make out of this? Rydia doesn't feel like she's helping at all. I don't get her limit break, either.

I would probably go with Rain, Laswell, Vivi, Krile and Shantoto. Rain and Laswell are both very good once they get to 5* and Vivi and Krile both get doublecast. Shatoto gets every single element type for her spells, so you will always be able to use her to exploit weaknesses. You will probably want to replace either her or Krile with Fina when you get her though.O

Edit: Oh, and Rydia's limit break only does something once you get your first summon which isn't TOO far after the beginning.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MotU posted:

i ain't doing the rerolling thing but I ended up w/ 4* Sabin and Maria and 3* Cyan, Galuf, Fran and Penelo

are those peeps ok or should i avoid using em

Maria is actually quite a decent healer until you get Fina and Galuf is usable, but not great.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I rolled:

Sabin 3
Roselia 3
Penelo 3
Vivi 4
Vivi 3
Luna 4
Luna 3
Firion 3
Clyne 4
Clyne 3
Kain 4

Not great, and no 5s, but it's my understanding that Roselia and Firion are both top tier, and Vivi and Kain ain't too shabby, so I think this is probably fine? Not thrilled with all the duplicates I got, but c'est la vie.

I can eventually rank up Roselia and Firion to 5, right?

I would reroll personally, Roselia is great, but you can use Fina and she's almost as good and you get her for free later on. Vivi is really great, but since he can only get to 4* his stats suffer when you get to the tougher fights. Firion is good, but still not a top 10 character. If I were starting today I'd roll until I got an Exdeath or maybe a CoD with a couple other good rolls.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Zotix posted:

As I said a to of TM farming. For 99% of people in this thread, they won't be doing that. I think you and I are the only only ones in soft release that did TM farming.
If people aren't going to TM farm, there are better options than Bartz.

I did a bit of it, but Nox keeps freezing after about 10 minutes for me, so I didn't get to make much progress.

Now I really need to get it working though, I need holy, and comet, and grungnir and...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

acumen posted:

What am I supposed to be doing with all these 1-2 star mooks? Feed them into Exdeath?

I think I gathered that I'm supposed to level all three of my Galufs up to eventually get a Trust level or something like that at least.

I fed them to copies of themselves just to get the TM. You get so many dupes of the 1 and 2 star guys that it doesn't take that long to get all of the TMs if you play every day. Then start on a second copy. Some of them have surprisingly decent TMs as well.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

So with 1* to 3* friend mooks, can you get their TM twice? I know you get a TM bonus if you feed the same character to itself, but say Rizer who has HP +10%. Is that a skill for himself or is it a passive accessory?

That being said, if I fully TM a character and then have another copy of that character can I get that copy's TM too? And can I feed the 100% TM copy to the new copy?

It's an equip-able ability and you can get multiples. You can earn it with each character you max out. So if you have 4 Galufs you can get them all to 100 and have 4 comet abilities you can assign. I am curious if Shantoto's 30% MAG stacks now that I think about it, though I only have two of her, Exdeath with +60% MAG would be nice.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Alright, here's my first decent-looking roll

5* Gilbert
4* Krile, Kain, Luna
3* Fran, Maria, Cyan, Shantoto, Paula, Russel

What say you, goons? Try again or roll with this?

Definitely reroll. You don't have a single top 5 character.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

So I'm not exactly keen on messing about with rerolling and making dummy Facebook accounts, but I figured I would bite the bullet if I pulled nothing but garbage. Having said that, I spent 3 tickets last night and pulled a 4* Garland and 4* Cecil, which seems to satisfy my fairly low standards for not rerolling (though I haven't linked the account to my FB yet).

Should I just spend the rest of my tickets/lapis now and see if I get anything else good, or should I save them for some future event?

Garland and Cecil can carry you through most of the content currently available. Who was the 3rd pull? If the other pull was decent then those 3 plus Rain and Laswell are fine and you will be able to do all the current content, you might have to just grind a bit more than others.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

The other pull was 3* Russell, who I'm assuming is not that great. I suppose I could do 2 or 3 more pulls in hopes of getting a decent-to-good 5th character and save the rest.

Well Russell is good enough to get to the 2nd island easily and then you get Fina, but I think Fina AND Cecil might be overkill on healing. Though you could give her a bunch of crafted abilities like Bio Blaster by then and use her as a support/healer and not have to waste anymore rolls. Though, really, I've been playing for about a month and I have already accumulated enough gems for 2 packs of 11 rolls, so I'm not so sure that saving every ticket is really necessary.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Eddain posted:

I get into a connection loop sometimes but it seems to clear out the moment I turn off my wifi and use data instead.

Lasswell, Fina, and (to a lesser extent for now) Rain, are perfectly usable for the entirety of the content we have right now. You can craft certain abilities to make them more versatile (white magic to cure afflictions, black magic to cover more elements, attack skills like Bio Blaster which is pretty much mandatory, various spellblade stuff etc) and they naturally cap at 5* (Rain gets a 6* with Full Break later on) so they have decent stats. You certainly don't have to use them if you don't want too.

Laswell also gets a 6* form later that includes some really nice abilities, like a 120% atk physical AOE that hits twice and a 180% defense ignoring single target attack.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

WebDO posted:

So I looked at casting cost, description, and material cost for Biora v Bio Blaster and can't spot the difference other than Biora costs more to make. Is it any better in any way?

Biora is nice because it's a spell, so it can be doublecast of you have one of the casters. However it only has a 15% chance to poison and Bio Blaster has a 50% chance to poison. If you want to be able to poison things more often then Bio Blaster is the way to go. I personally have Bio Blaster on 2 of my characters and use Biora on Krille since she can cast it twice.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shoenin posted:

I keep trying to equip abilities(Sleep, Cure, and Fire) but the moves say "Insufficient MAG level".

What or where does it say what MAG level you need to be to equip certain abilities?

If you look on this site, it shows them down in the abilities section

In-game it's the little colored circles below the stats when you view the character.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Even if you have a bad roll, is the later content still do-able?

I started with just Garland, Paula and Maria (all at 3* at best) then added Galuf and Krile as I got them in later rolls and I just beat the Beginner Colosseum S5 boss Europa, who is much more difficult than anything I faced on the 1st or 2nd island.

Just keep grinding up Rain and Laswell (and Fina when you get her) and you will eventually get a top 30 character off the gacha machine and with that you can beat everything currently in the game. You won't do it as quickly or as easily as the guy who got 5* Exdeath, Vaan and Bartz, but it's doable.

EDIT ^^^ The best idea is to get an Android and stop using Apple anything, but that's just my personal view on things of course.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Zotix posted:

Yes, don't worry about pulling a 5* directly. A 3* Vaan is basically the same thing as a 5* Vaan, you'll just need to do some work to get him to 5*. It's not likely he's forever gimped compared to the 5*. Just focus on getting multiple characters on the tier list.

Now that the second island is out, awakening mats aren't really an issue either. I had a hell of a time getting God's Reliquaries when I was leveling up Garland, but now I have 20 of them just taking up space.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

EzEight posted:

This is a solid team to start.
Edgar and Cyan are great at applying status effects.

Vann is top tier

Vivi and Shantoto are great mages

Vivi is actually really fantastic and hits WAY above his weight thanks to doublecast. Shantoto is also fantastic because she is the only character that gets every elemental attack type except light..

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Sweet, let's see what I get:

3* Fran, Shantotto, Cyan, Rydia, Edgar, Maria, Vivi
4* Anzelm, Kain, Sabin

Good? Bad?

e: what are the summons from friend points? Apparently I have 5000 of them

If you aren't anti-reroll, then definitely reroll, but that team is usable, Rain, Laswell, Vivi, Shantotto, Maria. Mediocre overall, but it'll get you through the current content.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Trade you one of my vaans :v:

So what do you guys suggest doing with useless premium rolls (I'm talking sub-40's ranked units, don't even got useful TM's to farm for, making them extra useless)? I guess there's a possibility they'll get boosts and become relevant but haven't been playing long enough to know if this is a thing gumi does.

I'd say use laswell and Kaine.

Depends on if you want to grind up Rain from 2* all the way to 6* when he gets bumped up and becomes absolutely nuts or not. I'm using Rain now so I can get him maxxed out now so when they do release his 6* version I'll be ready to go.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Yep that's why I've been giving the "If you hate rerolling, that's fine, but if you don't mind rerolling, go for it" responses most of the time. As I said, I did most of the content with Garland, Rain, Galuf, Maria and Krile (I should have used Laswell instead of Galuf, but I misread the wiki and didn't realize that Galuf didn't have his 5* form yet) and am slowly grinding through the Int D arena stuff now which is all that I have left to do.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

i literally cannot stop rolling shantotos :shepicide:

You are going to have ALL the MAG!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I'm waiting for some reroll lottery winner to hop into the thread with this pic, but with Exdeath instead of Shantotto, just to piss everyone off.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is there a way to teach someone Analyze / Libra?

https://exviuswiki.com/Ability_Materia

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

Quick questions:

- Has there been "missable" events or items, or would I be getting in early enough?

- What's the daily time you'd spend playing when compared to FFRK? Is it a "grind" or does it balance well for bursts of play and then pocketing it until a stamina-esque meter refills?

- How does the strategy, nostalgia, and fun factor compare to FFRK (in your opinion)?

Thanks! :)

It JUST released globally less than a week ago, you haven't missed anything at all. This game is better than FFRK in every way. I lost interest in that game in a few weeks but this one has kept me around for a couple of months now (I was playing in the beta before) It reminds me far more of the old school FF games than FFRK ever did.

Your stamina fills pretty fast, so I end up logging in to this game every couple of hours.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

widespread posted:

First vision thingymajigger: a black mage named Tronn. I'm not sure what to do now.

Become the richest man in the world thanks to a hot hand in a dice game?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I just opened up 10 more friend slots if anyone wants a 5* 224 atk, 105 mag, 171 def Garland with a 2* shiva stuck on him (just because I want him to have Magic Break)

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shwqa posted:

Vivi and kain are your only merely okay characters. I would recommend rerolling.

Actually Terra is pretty great. You can do fine with that pull. You only need one team though, I'd do Rain, Laswell, Terra, Krille and Vivi. You have Rain and Laswell for your physical damage, Terra and Vivi as magic damage and Krille can do both magic damage and/or heal depending on the situation.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

My question is, does Kefka do his laugh? If so then I NEED him!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

This is nuts, you should add me so I can try him out, I'll never have all that stuff, I'm too poor!

Also just booted 3 more friends who hadn't played for a week if anyone needs a (very mediocre in comparison) max level decent Garland. I also just awakened my Exdeath to 5* so soon, I'll have him as an option as well!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Hmm... I can't connect to the game all of the sudden. Servers down for anyone else or is it just me?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

drat, right when I logged in to add SuperFirion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Garfu posted:

Added, don't forget to use barrage!

My ID: 802616928

Still have plenty of spots

Never got this and you're full. The server must have eaten your request since it crashed right after this.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 7, 2016

• Locked thread