Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PureRok posted:

Got myself all set up I guess. I'm not too worried about optimal rolls or whatever. Got a 4 star Cyan and a Vivi, so I guess that's ok. Really wanted a Terra, buuuut whatever.

Feel free to add me 088,605,825

You get a dozen extra rolls due to the 1k Lapis and 10 tickets, don't settle for anything less than multiple decent 5* capable units or a top tier 5* like Exdeath and some decent fillers. A friend of mine got Exdeath and Butz (and Cerius) from their rolls and that's the difference between being set for awhile and running in to a wall with later content/trials/2* esper fights or so forth.

Zurai posted:

You may have to log out of Facebook on your phone, outside of Brave Exvius. It seems to vary a bit whether that's needed or not.

It is. FFBE will try to log in to whatever Facebook account is logged in on your device. I don't have the FB app so I just sign in via the browser. No idea if the FB makes it more/less annoying.

Boten Anna posted:

Should I actually give a poo poo about rerolls or is this game perfectly fine if you just freakin play the game?

Also I preregistered and don't seem to have gotten a code or anything, are those not out yet?

Rerolling is advisable right now because you get an extra 1k lapis and 10 tickets, so that's up to 12 summons per reroll attempt for getitng a good unit or two.

MarcusSA posted:

Well that isn't exactly true. We should be getting rate up's later on so....

Rerolling with the extra dozen tickets is safer than waiting for a rate up that might not happen until after the tickets are no longer given to new accounts.

Unless we get a BF rate up like Japan had with a ticket handout at one point, but that's probably unlikely (though I suspect we'll get Karl/Seria/Tilith in the gacha at some point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Should I start with an Exdeath or go for a Vaan?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

IAmTheRad posted:

Should I start with an Exdeath or go for a Vaan?

Exdeath is rated higher in JP. if you have to pick one Exdeath.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

At least I started with 13 rolls total. 500 for tutorial, 10 from tickets, 2 from bonus promotion stuff.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Even with rate ups later on, this is hands down the best time to reroll this game will ever see. I've never seen a mobile game give you $50 worth of currency for free starting out on gatcha characters.

There is no regular content in the game right now that can't really be beaten easily outside of say Colosseum S5 INT. That being said, this will be like BF where they will add in much more difficult content and the characters you pull now will definitely affect how well you will be able to complete that content, if at all.

TLDR: Re roll until you get good poo poo.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Made some room on my friends list, rocking a maxed out Vaan as lead.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

So am I reading right that if I'm starting fresh I want to be completely logged out of FB on my phone until I get something good, THEN log in?

The re-roll for this seems a little more complex than most other mobile games I've played. I also do not have a dummy FB account and don't particularly want to create one.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

So am I reading right that if I'm starting fresh I want to be completely logged out of FB on my phone until I get something good, THEN log in?

The re-roll for this seems a little more complex than most other mobile games I've played. I also do not have a dummy FB account and don't particularly want to create one.

You won't be able to reroll without two facebook accounts.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Zotix posted:

I've never seen a mobile game give you $50 worth of currency for free starting out on gatcha characters.

TLDR: Re roll until you get good poo poo.

This kind of situation only happens during a games release, and is the devs way of indirectly helping you reroll.

Later on once they add more characters the odds of getting Exdeath, Vaan, good stuff etc goes down the drain as the pool becomes bigger.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That's true, but 12 pulls at a gatcha is really really high for a mobile game. I play plenty of them, and I've never seen a developer hand you that many pulls off the bat.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I removed Facebook from my phone for rerolling, and made a cheap throwaway account on Facebook for it. I am not using my legitimate Facebook account until I am good and ready to begin.

Looking at the rest of what I got, Exdeath is the only good thing. Everything else is garbage. At this time I am willing to continue rerolling until I have a good solid team. I doubt Biggs, Wedge and Terra in Magitek armor can help out too much.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I gonna assume the CoD in the best tier is cloud of darkness. Is that correct? I managed to snag a 5* one so I hope so.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ok, I've got a Vaan and a Bartz, that's a good enough start for me.

Friend Code: 969,098,268

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

With 12 pulls, I'd probably reroll until I got 2+ 5* potential characters. Some people rerolled 100+ times to get those characters in the soft launch.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
I got a 3* exdeath after 5 or 6 rolls and was tired of going through the tutorial so I moved on. Hopefully I didn't bone myself by not going after multiple "good" characters.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Shwqa posted:

I gonna assume the CoD in the best tier is cloud of darkness. Is that correct? I managed to snag a 5* one so I hope so.

yes

i cleared up space on my friend list if anyone wants a maxed out exdeath.

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
This might have been glaringly obvious to everybody else, but if you use the pause button during the dialogue screens in the tutorial there is a SKIP button which saves a lot of tapping on your screen.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Daikoku posted:

This might have been glaringly obvious to everybody else, but if you use the pause button during the dialogue screens in the tutorial there is a SKIP button which saves a lot of tapping on your screen.

In other glaringly-obvious things, how far into the tutorial do you have to get to roll, and where do you do that?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
First reroll, let's see what we get...

First roll:

Guess I'm keeping this account?

Other rolls: 3*: vivi, krile, luna, vivi, bedile, rydia, luna, reaper (where are his dual shotties?) and Galuf
4*: Russell, Anzelm

Duplicates and dogshit looks like. What's my team?

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 30, 2016

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

IllegallySober posted:

In other glaringly-obvious things, how far into the tutorial do you have to get to roll, and where do you do that?

As far as I can tell, you have to go to the part in the woods where Red Coat Guy gets to do your free 1-star summon. If you skip that dialogue you get the option to go to the main menu where you can get your mail and use the store.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
It's super tempting to try rolling a new account but it'd be such a huge hassle getting it matched up to my current game. I think I'll just save my 25-something rolls for when more characters come out.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Daikoku posted:

As far as I can tell, you have to go to the part in the woods where Red Coat Guy gets to do your free 1-star summon. If you skip that dialogue you get the option to go to the main menu where you can get your mail and use the store.

Got it. So the 12 summons everyone's referring to are the ten tickets and the 1000 gems or whatever?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Got it. So the 12 summons everyone's referring to are the ten tickets and the 1000 gems or whatever?

Yeah, you use your tickets and any lapis you have so far to roll for premium characters. Shortly after the tutorial you can work towards 500 lapis, then you have your 1000 gift, and the 10 free tickets for a total 13 rolls.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there any reason not to roll with 2 exdeaths in the same party?

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I got:
4*: Exdeath, Shantotto, Shadow
3*: Edgar, Cyan, Maria, Medius, Russell, Luna, Anzelm.

Good enough? I think it is, but want to be sure before I commit.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
"
5☆ GL -> 6☆ JP: Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD
4☆ GL -> 5☆ JP: Krile | Kain | Rydia

What does this mean in the OP?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Shadow is kinda bad enough to warrant negative points. But you've got Exdeath so you're still ahead overall.

Deep Winter posted:

"
5☆ GL -> 6☆ JP: Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD
4☆ GL -> 5☆ JP: Krile | Kain | Rydia

What does this mean in the OP?

It means in our current Global edition those characters are capped at 5* or 4*, whereas in the current Japan version those characters have an additional star level available, offering more abilities and stats. Exdeath is such a good roll right now because of his eventual upgrade to 6* which puts him high above most other characters. Obviously some of the weaker characters could get star upgrades later on so your Vivi, Edgar, Russell, or hell, even Shadow, could become more viable for higher level content, but it's not a good idea to bank on possibilities.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 30, 2016

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Zotix posted:

That's one of the shittiest starts possible considering they are giving you 11-12 free pulls. Don't be lazy and reroll.

That would require me to make Facebook accounts, which I refuse to do.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Which characters count for "good enough, don't reroll?"

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Zurai posted:

Oh, and for people who are willing to reroll, here's the current reroll targets for Global:

Top of the line forever: Exdeath (still an absolute top tier unit in Japan)
Top tier: Bartz (eventually loses out a little to Lightning and Luneth, but is still very good in Japan)
Keep if you get any of these: Vaan (only Full Breaker for a while), Cecil (extremely good tank and off-healer), Cloud of Darkness (very strong overall, hard to kill), Firion (can use anything, strong passives)
A cut above the rest: Garland, Terra, Roselia
Excellent Trust rewards: Zidane, Cecil, Bartz, Luna

That isn't to say that other characters are trash, just that those are the ones that you should be aiming for if you're rerolling.

So even though the Cloud of Darkness I rolled is only 3*, that's good enough to keep? Or am I aiming for the 4* or 5* version of the same character?

Edit: VVVVV Happy to help ;)

Referee fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 30, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

So even though the Cloud of Darkness I rolled is only 3*, that's good enough to keep? Or am I aiming for the 4* or 5* version of the same character?

Oh, nice quote, thank you!

Edit: oh man, this looks like Final Fantasy + Suikoden. Excellent art.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 30, 2016

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Here's what I have, what party should I make out of this? Rydia doesn't feel like she's helping at all. I don't get her limit break, either.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Guess I'll start the re-roll process

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Got a soon to be 5* Exdeath. If you want to blow through content, add me.

IGN: Van
ID: 621 138 856

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

IllegallySober posted:

There is no difference between a character you received at 3 star and awakened up to 5 star and a character you received at 5 star. The only advantage the latter has as far as drawing it is concerned is saving you a little grinding time.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Is a 4 star Firion and 3 star CoD good to start? Other 3 stars worth mentioning seem to be Edgar and Luna only.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Zurai posted:

There is no difference between a character you received at 3 star and awakened up to 5 star and a character you received at 5 star. The only advantage the latter has as far as drawing it is concerned is saving you a little grinding time.

Good to know.

I'm in the same situation as mirror123: I drew CoD, and Firion, and nothing else notable. Assuming that's probably a re-roll? I don't mind spending the time to get this right.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

Here's what I have, what party should I make out of this? Rydia doesn't feel like she's helping at all. I don't get her limit break, either.

I would probably go with Rain, Laswell, Vivi, Krile and Shantoto. Rain and Laswell are both very good once they get to 5* and Vivi and Krile both get doublecast. Shatoto gets every single element type for her spells, so you will always be able to use her to exploit weaknesses. You will probably want to replace either her or Krile with Fina when you get her though.O

Edit: Oh, and Rydia's limit break only does something once you get your first summon which isn't TOO far after the beginning.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Here's my Second roll.

Roselia
2 Clynes
2 Sabins
Fran
Miyuki
3 Lunas (1 four star, two threes)
Penello
Shadow
This good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The man called M posted:

Here's my Second roll.

Roselia
2 Clynes
2 Sabins
Fran
Miyuki
3 Lunas (1 four star, two threes)
Penello
Shadow
This good?

No. Not a single good character in there.

• Locked thread