Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Doing the Sweden soft launch thing won't make you keep using that store to update at the global proper launch would it, or do you just delete that app and redownload the US one due to Facebook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Verranicus posted:

If you're not strong willed enough not to spend real money then maybe you should just not play mobile games. Besides, if they didn't have cash shops to spear whales with the games would probably not even exist and those of us who don't blow entire paychecks on funbux wouldn't get to play at all. Seriously, calm down, it's not like anyone considers these real video games. They're time wasters you play for like 15-20 minutes a day on your lunch break or on the shitter.

Are you posting from 2007 or something? While gacha-style games rely in no small way on people's impulses similar to gambling and other vices, mobile games are absolutely considered "real video games" just like Tetris was in the 80s even though you could play for a few minutes at a time and didn't have to keep feeding it money to do so.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I changed mine to one of Shadow's lines and I'll probably do the same if I change leaders.

I just got a dupe Shadow. The right way to do it is to hold onto and use both, right? Build up Trust and then merge them?

Also, what the heck is Star Quartz for?

With dupes that you don't plan to use in your party the best thing to do is put them in your trust farming parties. When you feed dupes it gives their trust +5% IIRC. Though I'm not sure if you can get duplicate trust bonuses or what. IIRC when Lightning came out in Japan one of the game-breaking gimmicks was to load her up with tons of Two-handed passives which made her do obscene damage with one of her abilities. Maybe that's just for abilities because I'm sure people can't get multiple excaliburs or other kickass items that way.

Neurolimal posted:

So is the roster entirely Final Fantasy characters, or do they toss in a few from their other games as well?

What I'm saying is that I want Brave Fencer Musashi as my leader.

They make their own Brave Exvius characters but Japan also had Karl/Seria/Tilith from Brave Frontier at one point and from what I recall Tilith was a stupidly powerful healer once you got her to 5* and leveled. Though who knows if/when those units will get their 6* forms in this game since Gumi's... well if you've played BF you understand how their character development can go.

CaptainScraps posted:

Now I'm dreaming of a suikoden gacha game.

I'm kinda glad Konami's run by pachinko-loving idiots otherwise they'd have made one of these by now and it'd probably have ended up some low budget eyesore like the Breath of Fire mobile game and I'd probably still play it.

Though knowing Konami they'd probably set it in the Tierkreis or PSP game's setting and not 1-5's actual neat world.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I've done some rerolling and I've actually pulled a 4* unit (sabin :downs:) before pulling anything that caps at 5 stars. I haven't rerolled a bunch but it's still annoying as hell considering my initial pulls in Japan were Rozelia(?) and Vaan.

LornMarkus posted:

I think something's wrong with the dev in general cause I'm playing Phantom of the Kill too and it refuses to actually load for me.

Welcome to Gumi, please enjoy your stay.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got a good unit, Exdeath. He goes up to 5 stars currently and he's got a 6 star form in Japan and it gets a W-Magic, which lets him fire two black magic spells in a single round. His 6 star form also gets Meteor. :black101:

Since I got his 4 star form he all gets the -ga spells at level 26 (his 3 star form is kinda weak). The freebie xp cactuar put him to level 19, so close.

My friend code is 155,948,655

e: If there isn't a friend spreadsheet we should probably make one. It's very handy for finding goon friends with leads you like.
e2: I'm dumb it's lvl 26 for the -ga spells.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 25, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I don't suppose there's some way to get a $5-10 iTunes gift card with a US payment option is there? I might as well grab the early bird offer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Good lord, Exdeath's limit break is Almagest and it can inflict pretty much every status. Since he's level 29 now I can also safely run the adv xp level when I bring another good caster (like a max lvl Vivi). For those annoying crystal enemies I can just gravity them for 3k damage and then double fira takes care of the rest while also killing anything that isn't a turtle. He also two-shot Siren with Thundaga at level 26. :getin:

Doing the Limit Break and Trust level grinding is going to suck but Exdeath's max trust reward is Holy so that'll be fun.

New Leaf posted:

I bit the bullet and side-loaded this, will I still get the launch bonuses that I signed up for on the pre-registration page?

Also, gently caress re-doing this to reroll.. If my first roll is absolute horseshit I'll do it one more time, but this is a long tutorial. Maybe its faster if I'm not reading everything.

I rerolled maybe 9-10 times total, mostly while watching TV or doing other things, and it was worth it because Exdeath is going to get me far more mileage than the handful of Sabins and Cyans or lovely generic Exvius characters I kept getting.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

What does cactaur do?

The metal cactuars are unit XP fodder.

New Leaf posted:

Regardless, it gave me enough points to roll again and I got a 3-star Terra. She's supposed to be pretty strong, right?

Terra's solid and IIRC she's one of the 5 star units who gets a 6 star form not too long after those are added. Her 5 star form gets Firaga and Raise, and Raise is always nice to have.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I forget if the Hill Gigas enemies in the arena count for the one quest to kill 3 of them (IIRC they do) but farming them in the castle is horrible because their spawn rate is terrible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I'd just like to say that holy poo poo some dudes have crazy exp curves. Garland takes like 2x as much exp to get a level as everyone else.

The character's XP requirements are based on whether it has a 2-5 star cap. It''s the same as Brave Frontier if you've played that before. Basically anything from the gacha will use the Base 21 xp requirements.
http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/experience-table/

Level 80's only 1.1 million, have fun farming metal cactuars.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eddain posted:

It's not that bad, unit EXP is pretty poo poo now cause we're still stuck on the first island. Plus they'll have special events where metal cactaur are included in friend summons for a few days.

This bears repeating.

:siren: Don't burn friend points summoning a bunch of near-worthless trash units, stockpile the points for the friend summon events that add xp fodder to the friend summon pool. :siren:

Also people might as well save today's bonus stamina for when the cactuar dungeon opens later this evening, or whenever midnight sweden time is for you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to do a couple tries for Leo.

4* Maria
5* Xiao :stare:
3* Penelo

I think I'm going to stop pulling for now, Xiao seems like a decent enough physical unit and she gets power/armor break as well.

Still running Exdeath as lead because even as a 4* unit he's better than Xiao.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Deki posted:

Just got this, 259,935,076 is my friend code.

Also if I got 2x 3* Kains, should I hold on to the second one or burn it on the one I have been levelling?

Hold on to both. If you want the extra trust then you put both in your party when you're trust farming since that'll cut the overall grind in half, roughly, since you can combine them when they're both around 47-48% Trust.

m.hache posted:

Did you get Ifrit? If so you're at the end of the "BETA". Won't get more until release. Do dailies, grind XP, profit.

If there's any farmable units that get paralyze people might consider getting 4 of them together along with someone who can reliably poison. Since the first trial boss is vulnerable to both and so if you can keep it paralyzed and poisoned you can kill it for its reward rather than leveling some 4-5 star team to try and beat it down the normal way once we get that fight.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Echophonic posted:

You keep everything but level when you Awaken a character. Also, lower rarity cards still give the full amount of Trust to a higher rarity card.

This also means progress to leveling up your limit break. It increases quite a bit when you Awaken a card, so if you care, it's better to farm it up at 3*, since you keep the limit level.

It's worth noting that limit break level farming takes a goddamn eternity too and the gains are pretty small. I'm bout 10% of the way to a limit break level on Exdeath but I'm still going to 5* him as soon as possible because that's a much bigger jump in power than the couple % more damage and status effect chance he'll get with a lvl 2 Almagest.

Plus Limit breaks go up to level 20 or 25 at 5 and 6 star so it's not like Brave Frontier where you can just toss a few burst frogs at a unit and call it a day either.

Verranicus posted:

Is it worth the hassle to get anything working on Bluestacks? It and the other two android emulators have barely worked at all for me in the past.

Genymotion was my emulator of choice since I could bump up the virtual machine specs to make apps run buttery smooth but I haven't tried running this on it yet and if you have Win10 I don't think Genymotion works at all for you.

Eddain posted:

It has a soft launch in Sweden with a very soon launch for global. It's gonna be shown at E3 in June so expect the launch date revealed there.

Shame the early bird special will be long gone. It looks like the cheapest itunes card for Sweden is 150kr and it's not worth the hassle unfortunately.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I'm stuck at the same place as Fat Samurai. I took the boat to the next town but can't access Ifrit and the quest arrow is still on the port town.

http://kongbakpao.com/guide-ffbe-how-to-get-ifrit/

e: I like how Gumi managed to make evo mat farming in this even worse (and far, far bigger a grind) than in the early days of Brave Frontier. Hopefully we at leats keep Japan's rates and they don't intentionally lower it like they did for awhile in BF global (see: farming idols and often seeing only the boss wave idol drop instead of one per wave).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gonna post these steal/drop charts that I've seen on reddit and elsewhere:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12eGhnu9KNYOtEh7e7y2hWLwwFj4bFaT0XM5pJlu596w/edit#gid=0
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ov4KXN6tzm0E5W-dAqJ_BspV-rNhytze7x6ghneMTDY/edit#gid=0

Really wish I'd gotten Vaan or Zidane instead of Maria and Penelo. The friend summon thief gets the job done but my god he's so weak and auto-potion is annoying.

Xiao is pretty nice so far. She's level 9 and with gear (except a weapon because Unarmed and armor because I need 1 more spellsilk) she's pushing 100atk.

Verranicus posted:

Never heard of Genymotion, maybe I'll try it. Is it simple to use? I mainly just want to be able to record android game footage at a decent speed. Thankfully I'm still in Win7, with no plans to upgrade no matter how Microsoft begs.

It can be a bit of a pain to setup. It uses virtual machines to run the devices so you can tinker with those settings to make your 'phone' have a lot more RAM if an app's running like poo poo, for example. (I did this for Brave Frontier)

Cosmic Afro posted:

I think the game have stabilized, and I've made my first summon draw.

I've got Sabin. I know he's probably not one of the best, but godamn, it's my pal Sabin. What's his good points?

He punches stuff, and eventually gets a passive that makes him do more damage when unarmed but it's when he's level 56. Explosive fist/chakra/aura cannon are given at lower levels and are useful though. He's still only a 4 star unit when maxxed though which is by far his biggest drawback.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

e: ^^ forgot about Paul since I didn't get him yet. Ended up getting 3 silk in my forest exploration run right after my post which was nice.

HGH posted:

There has to be a place or monster for Iron Ore those tables haven't accounted for, no way it's completely absent.

It's not, I have 2 iron ore but I have no idea where I got them.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 27, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Question for those of you playing this on android, does the apk let you run it through the Amazon app store as well or is it all through google play and directly installing it that way while also having you use whatever google play account you have?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Exdeath is already lvl 56 (started at 40) and Xiao went from 11 to 28. Going to farm this all weekend and with any luck, take Maria to max level, Xiao to 40 or so, Exdeath to 60 and then stockpile a few (dozen) gigantaurs for Exdeath so that once I finally get his evo mats I'll be able to get him back in to the 40s. Kinda late to mention it now but if you haven't finished and turned in your dailies yet, you can save them to do so to tactically refill your stamina for cactuar farming. It can get you an extra run or two of the adv (uncharted) level which is going to be handy for most people. First run gave me 3 gigantaurs and the next gave me 2 and a regular cactuar. :dance:

New Leaf posted:

What's a good, painless but fruitful Dungeon map to farm for the Daily? I don't really know what I need anymore.

Also, am I supposed to pick up the girl somewhere in the port town? I still have a quest marker there even though I have Ifrit now.

Exploration? Might as well do Kulan Pass for the most xp and potentially better mats from collecting/stealing unless you need specific drops from another area.

Story dungeon? Catacombs exit (where you fight not-Octomon) is the best xp:stam I believe.

New Leaf posted:

Any idea where to find Spellsilk? A Reddit list said the forest but I've run the gather nodes 5 times and came up empty. I have one on me but I had it before I started my search.

It's from the hornets in the area. Do exploration, bring a thief (or multiple thieves) and steal from all the bees since you can potentially steal one and get another as a drop afterwards. Also shortly after making Xiao a gi I got an earth key that gave me a second one I have no use for. :downs:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I suggest buying an extra 10-15 material slots early on because you're going to need them. In Brave Frontier I have over 400 item slots (though gear and consumables aren't their own separate thing like in this) and this game has doubled down on the "have 3986238467329 materials" thing. It's better to have a couple extra slots than to sell a few stacks of items you find out you need dozens of a couple days later.

If I could actually get the early bird package I'd probably bump my material storage to 100 just so I could not worry about it for a while.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

New Leaf posted:

YMMV, but I have my Google Play payments tied to my Paypal account and I've been able to make purchases just fine.

I play on an iPhone. I might try getting this to run on Genymotion or something else later Google Play doesn't care about location like iOS does I guess?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

They'd be questionable even if you had 125 energy since you'd run out of gil in a hurry. :shrug:

(I burned 30k already and am now at 900gil)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

Dunno how you guys feel about adding random people, but this is apparently a thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rP9vVOwJSk

I'm at 25/25 actual friends and the Facebook friends I have are kept to their own separate list area. I definitely have a bunch of extra friends but my actual friend's list area sits at 25/25. Not sure how his shows the FB friends there, is it an Android thing?

Eddain posted:

You could work on grinding magicite to max out Siren/Ifrit in order to fight their lvl 2 form and awaken them.

Good luck with that though since Ifrit has about 3x the HP of White Dragon.

IIRC he's vulnerable to poison and maybe other aliments. Poison's 10% hp/turn so if you can stick it and then just survive 10 rounds you'll win through attrition.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally was able to buy the early bird special. Setup AndyO OS and had to run as admin otherwise it errored out but $4 for 1k lapis and a pair of summon tickets is handy.

I think I just need a good thief (Vaan ideally, Zidane's ok too) and I should be pretty well setup for awhile. Once I have more gil I'll be able to max level Maria for Curaga though only the White Dragon or lvl 2 esper fights would need it at this point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

dontaht posted:

White dragon is real easy to cheese. I beat it with a lv14 Rizer who has blade bash.

Impressive considering even with Rizel and two people carrying sleep I can't get the fucker to stay locked down for even a dozen rounds.

e: I also only have bio blade so getting it to apply a 3rd time is nearly impossible.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 28, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cosmic Afro posted:

I myself got a 3* Cecil, and he is also listed on the 'best' tier. So far it's pretty useful to have someone that's tanky and get in the way of poo poo, but I'm still not sure what makes him so darn incredible so far.

Very tanky unit that gets Cura and later Curaja, and the Excalibur's an insanely good weapon once you grind out his trust mastery.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Deki posted:

I have no idea where you guys are getting the awakening mats to push anything past 3*. I've ran all of the awakening dungeons at least twice and and haven't gotten the stuff I really need.

Adv mats dungeon and you can also get some items as drops/steals from certain levels and coliseum fights. Mystic Ore can be dropped/stolen from some enemies in Ifrit's dungeon IIRC and stuff like the God's Reliquary can be stolen from some coliseum enemies later on in addition to the adv material dungeon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cosmic Afro posted:

How GOOD is the Early Bird bundle in worth, anyway? How much does Lapis and Summon Tickets costs later in the Japanese version?

It's basically 2000 Lapis for $4.

e: vvv Some 4* units have gotten 5* forms in Japan (though some 5* units got 6* forms). Cyan's not great (or even above average unless you need a paralyze source?) but he's usable for all the current content.

Rate up should be obvious, or mentioned outright on the banner or announcement. People say wait for rate ups because in Brave Frontier usually if a new batch of units came out and didn't mention a rate up then there was no rate up and you'd have the same (low) chance at the new units as you did the old ones. Brave Frontier Global also has had global exclusive units (who, with the exception of 2 or 3 units, range from "that's pretty good" to "holy poo poo that breaks the game*") so I'm wondering if they'll do that again here. I wouldn't mind having Zeruiah in FFBE. :getin:

*literally, in the case of Juno's leader skill in the coliseum

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 29, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Some new stuff datamined.
:words:

So about my last edit...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Brave Frontier Global also has had global exclusive units (who, with the exception of 2 or 3 units, range from "that's pretty good" to "holy poo poo that breaks the game*") so I'm wondering if they'll do that again here. I wouldn't mind having Zeruiah in FFBE. :getin:

*literally, in the case of Juno's leader skill in the coliseum

Included in that data mined stuff is, apparently, the Battle Maiden Lico:
https://imgur.com/a/G7wnX

Battle Maidens were an early, early global exclusive (that eventually ended up in Japan) and they were free farmable units but more than that, they were strong farmable units that went up to 5* when they came in. So if we're getting battle maidens I guess there will be global exclusive stuff.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ He's probably one of the moogles hanging out in the Farplane area.

Wyverns in the C-2 battles have God's Reliquary as a stealable item. It's a rare item you need for 5* forms of guys like Exdeath.

e: Decided to burn my 2nd summon ticket and got 3* Roselia. Will make for a nice upgrade from Maria but Fina seems like she'll be more useful once we get her.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 29, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

And just think, he can upgrade to 6★ in the future...

His 6* form also gets meteor (and whatever 'evil light' is) and double cast. :getin:

Gonna wreck so much poo poo with 6* Exdeath when it comes out here. Doublecast Meteor for all your AOE overkilling needs.

LornMarkus posted:

*shrug* If this is actually a game where it is absolutely essential to have the strongest units in the game and the only way to get them is to get lucky, cheat, or spend thousands of dollars then it's a game I'm not interested in playing. So far I feel fine and have only dropped $4 so I feel pretty good. If that changes in the future it just means it'll go on the garbage pile with Record Keeper and every other mobile game I've played.

You won't need a team of all top-tier units except for maybe the really hard trial fights and even then that's more if you want to be able to clear those ASAP and with as little hassle as possible. A team of 5 star units in general should cover you for a lot of stuff and Rain/Lasswell/Fina will giver you decent damage/buff/heal coverage in the event that your pulls all suck. We'll also get a free Magitek Terra at launch and while she's only 4* max she'll have some usefulness. Plus if we're going to get the battle maidens like Brave Frontier did it's entirely possible Gumi will make them similarly good here, though they might be capped at 4* (since they capped at 5* in Brave Frontier while 6* units were already a thing (and 4 Serins + Felneus was basically the beginning of the BB spam gameplay which we probably(?) won't see here since these units have actual skills outside of LBs)).

If This game's free/story unit stuff is similar to Brave Frontier's it'll be enough, provided they don't lag behind on updates for said units like they did for awhile in BF Global. Though speaking of Brave Frontier I'm hoping they bring the Seria/Karl/Tilith batch out here at launch because I'll likely burn all the free tickets chasing Tilith since she's a ridiculous healer. How ridiculous you ask? Here's the effects of the last 3 spells she gets in her 5* form:
- AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod & AoE Cure Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse (so basically Curaja + AOE Esuna)
- AoE 2 Turn +40% ATK/DEF/INT/MND
- AoE 3 Turn +40% Fire/Ice/Thunder/Water/Wind/Earth/Light Resist (No idea if this stacks with the Bar- spells, but probably not?)

I think her LB is a single target super cure+esuna and doubles their LB fill rate for 3 turns as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

Good to hear, cause the thing that primarily drove me out of Record Keeper was having a poo poo ton of content left to do but having no way of conceivably completing it without using only the units I had 5* Weapons for and the specific, twinked out ability strats the community had come up with (Buff, Retaliate, attack into your retaliatior for eternity, ugh).

FFRK's in the Shout meta period now. If you don't have Shout get it as a RW and unload on bosses with your multi-hit SBs and 4-5 star abilities like Thief's Revenge and Saint's Cross. Even with good gear the U/U+ fights in events can still be hell at times but you can always skip those. :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

Are you guys selling maxed out 2* units for Gil? Or only 1*?

I'm evolving 1* to 2* then leveling then with a gigantaur and selling them afterwards. That gives me credit towards the ascend unit achievements as well and when you hit 30 achievements total you get the recipe for the Hero Ring.

Why's the extra effort? The Hero Ring is a craftable accessory that gives +10% atk/mag damage and it's still a very popular and powerful accessory in Japan. It takes silver(?) ore which we can't get yet but might be available in the 2nd continent and there's speculation that the land of plenty event coming after this weekend could have a chance to drop stuff we need to make it (unless the banner in the news used icons of items that aren't available, like how FFRK keeps using blue magic orbs in banners). If Land of Plenty does actually have a chance to give the ring's materials then people are going to farm the living hell out of the event to make them for their best characters. I'd love to put a pair on Exdeath, especially once he's 5 star and max leveled. Or a second pair on Xiao who's level 58/80 and already over 200atk, hitting things in the arena for 4-5.5k damage with explosive fist.

e: Is the Facebook friends thing still acting weird as hell for anyone else? I've added a ton of people who play the game but I still see between 21-28 facebook friends in the list in game, while my Friend list only shows 29/25.

e2: Poison and paralyze is for chumps, White Dragon down through good old fashion beatdowns thanks to Xiao hitting for 3-4k per turn compared to Exdeath's 1.8-2k -ga spells. Lasswell's biggest contribution was letting me elemental chain/spark Blizzaga twice and Eldin was there solely for the analyze. Murasame get! :toot:

Team:

3* Lasswell lvl 37
5* Xiao lvl 65
4* Exdeath lvl 60
2* Eldin lvl 30
4* Maria lvl 40

Maelstrom's damage is also reduced by guarding (and the only way to have someone survive if targeted by both uses) but nobody got double targeted and Maria's Cura for 5-600 was enough, plus I put regen on a couple people when it felt safe to do so.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 29, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Garfu posted:

Can't find any talmonite even while farming the awakening vortex arrrgg

If you've been running the coliseum you can steal it from some enemies later on. It's how I've gotten all my God's Reliquary and Farplan Dew drops. Need 2 more Reliquary and 6(:shepicide:) Farplane Dew then I can 5* Exdeath and feed him the 30 Gigantaurs I stockpiled.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 30, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rain and Lasswell are both serviceable units that go to 5* (Lasswell especially if you get the Murasame for him) and even lower tier 4* units will probably be good enough for much of the next island as well, since people playing right now, especially after this past weekend, are going to be ahead of the curve as far as difficulty goes excluding Coliseum stuff since that can still get tough eventually.

Plus when we get the next island we should also get Fina who is a pretty good unit as well and possibly better than 5* units like Roselia. Worst case scenario if someone keeps getting garbage pulls from the gacha you'll be fine for awhile with Rain/Lasswell/Fina. Plus at launch everyone gets a magitek Terra which, while only a 4* unit, still has some useful abilities.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

m.hache posted:

So kuja is ranked pretty high on the list of units. Is it just purely for his 5* ability or is there something I'm missing.

I swapped Laswell out for him but will likely switch them back.

He gets Thundaga(at leats 4* rarity though), Barthundara, and Gravija which isn't too bad and his Trust ward is Flare. He gets some MP absorb passive too IIRC but I don't know how it works.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I went with Silence Blade and Stone Blade, for a bit of color. Was going to grab Fire Blade, but I couldn't get the key to work in towns.

Are those blades even craftable right now?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got the last Farplane Dew I needed to make 5* Exdeath. Thank god the B-1 boss fight is 5 enemies who all have it as a (rare) steal. :toot:

Kegslayer posted:

Just started this and I'm a bit confused.

Since we're just stuck on the first island, should I just fill my party of five and save the rest of my gems for better characters/rates up?

Should I be grinding out my level or that of my team?

Is it worth arming my guys with all copper gear or should I wait until more stuff gets released?

Rain/Lasswell and a decent start (if you got lucky or rerolled) are plenty for the content we have right now. You'll want a thief, ideally Zidane/Vaan if you pulled either but Paul and the other freebie friend summon thief are ok for now too.
Wouldn't hurt, especially if you want to try and kill/cheese the White Dragon ofr Murasame.
Crafting up the current gear is fine (or buying it, in the case of stuff like twisted headbands).

Run the coliseum as well. It has some decent rewards and you can steal from enemies there which is pretty helpful for getting some of the rare evo mats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Has anyone run the Revenge of the White Dragon vortex fight yet? Is it just the same fight from before but with an energy cost and no fancy Murasame reward?

Gerdalti posted:

Yeah, I'm just not sure what people want more, Garland is a beast, but Vaan can steal.

Vaan is better because Stealing is very useful. He also gets Full Break which in and of itself will make him more useful than Garland for hard fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

m.hache posted:

Daily login bonus just reset for no reason :/

That's because it's June 1st in Sweden and the daily rewards are monthly.

Garfu posted:

Ok if I don't get enough talmonite to awaken my CoD within the next 48 hours, I quit

If it drops from INT farm INT. I think I've gotten some from coliseum enemies too.

The evo mat grind is definitely the worst part of the game. They actually took the normal, sometimes reasonable, mechanics of these games and decided to ramp it up another notch. Maybe it's overcompensation for the fact that evo mats are extremely quick and easy to get in Brave Frontier. :shrug:

e: I really hope the upcoming maintenance fixes the buggy-as-poo poo friends/facebook stuff. I can friend gift maybe 45-50 people total and my list of friends under the Facebook Invite section still varies between about 15-30 when I know more than 30 facebook friends are playing this. Plus my normal friend list shows 23/25 and I can't add more friends. At least Exdeath just hit lvl 72 and has auto-regen now. Because he wasn't tanky enough already I guess. :black101:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 1, 2016

• Locked thread