Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
When Custer raped the tribes in Custer's Revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Tribes Aerial Assault for the PS2. I'm serious.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Seriously though I bought Tribes 2 and it was a major part of my life until the original login server went offline.

Construction Mod and its splinters were insanely fun, even as the game proper devolved into servers with that loving broken mod with deployable bases, Katabatic 24/7, and Arena tryhards.

The only thing I can say for Arena is that it was where I learned how to use the spinfusor properly and so I could go back to those katabatic servers and just shred people mid-air.

There is no better weapon in any shooter, than the Tribes 2 spinfusor.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

SHAZBOT

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

RRGRGGGH SHAZBOT!!

shazzzbot

Shazbot!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my computer was crap for awhile, so i only played the f2p one and didn't like it

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

a cyberpunk goose posted:

RRGRGGGH SHAZBOT!!

shazzzbot

Shazbot!

what

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

srspost: tribes 2 was the best

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
my favorite tribes game is settlers of catan

also daikatana lol

That Robot fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 21, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
1 is the best obv but I have to day there was something about mowing people down in a hover tank while spamming shazbot in 2 that was v satisfying

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is there a way to still play any of the tribes games or are there bots you can play with for 1 or 2 or anything?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The first Red Orchestra.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Sixfools posted:

Tribes Aerial Assault for the PS2. I'm serious.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

site posted:

Is there a way to still play any of the tribes games or are there bots you can play with for 1 or 2 or anything?

There is or was a fan run login server/backend for tribes 2 but the community was mostly one or two arena servers and one ctf, that was before the free2play game came out too, so i dunno what it's like now. You can play it but I hope you like playing Arena against the kind of grognard who basically never stopped playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
my favorite final fantasy is farmville I cam invite my friends on my space to play it with me :3:

• Locked thread