Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

spud posted:

Cottonseed oil??

What the gently caress do you guys eat, jesus loving christ?!?!

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I heard rumors that the savages up north in the burning lands called Alberta, have ketchup flavored chips. How can a Hawaiian shirt wearing, jolly fat man obtain these chips in the great state of Utah?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Edgar posted:

I heard rumors that the savages up north in the burning lands called Alberta, have ketchup flavored chips. How can a Hawaiian shirt wearing jolly fat man obtain these chips in the great state of Utah?

They really aren't that good. The first few chips are decent for novelty but then you realize you still have 99.9% of the bag left.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They really aren't that good. The first few chips are decent for novelty but then you realize you still have 99.9% of the bag left.

More producers should employ the "a bag with a single chip" trick so this is no longer a problem.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-flavours.html

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Crisp sarnies are the bomb man.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Edgar posted:

I heard rumors that the savages up north in the burning lands called Alberta, have ketchup flavored chips. How can a Hawaiian shirt wearing, jolly fat man obtain these chips in the great state of Utah?

i like this guy

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016
I don't remember the brand, but the one time I tried sea salt and vinegar chips they were sour and salty as all hell, not that I was expecting otherwise from "Sea Salt & Vinegar" but holy poo poo that was overkill.

When my country was doing the "pick our next flavor" shenanigans one of the flavors was pesto and it was pretty badass, but Shawarma ended up winning (the third contestant was mushroom and cream which sucked poo poo).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ketchup chips aren't terrible, but they're like "Eat 4-10 out of a bowl at a party" kind of chips.
Canadians also have something called 'all dressed' which I believe Lays has just introduced into the states. At least here in WI they have. That's an interesting thing.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Captain Video posted:

I don't remember the brand, but the one time I tried sea salt and vinegar chips they were sour and salty as all hell,

are you retarded

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I liked Lay's Garden Tomato and Basil chips far more than I should have, but they were discontinued semi-recently.

Other than that, Zapp's (from Louisiana) are the best potato chips. They're thick, crunchy, kettle-style chips that come in terrific flavors. My favorites are Voodoo (like a tangy, tomatoey blend of all the other flavors) and spicier Voodoo Heat.

I also like Cheetos far more than I should, so I make them a very rare indulgence.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I like it when restaurants make their own chips that is super bomb always

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

Canadians also have something called 'all dressed' which I believe Lays has just introduced into the states. At least here in WI they have. That's an interesting thing.

I think that's what Zapp's Voodoo chips are, basically bbq and salt & vinegar flavors combined. They are really good

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Best chips:
or
Always get the 80 pack, that'll last you for 2-3 days

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016

Roger Craig posted:

Best chips:
Always get the 80 pack, that'll last you for 2-3 days

Kettle Brand's Mature Cheddar & Red Onion are probably the best chips I've had that weren't English

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Grody posted:

ITT post about potato chips

best discontinued chips are Doritos Tapatio

City of Tampa posted:

Best discontinued chips were Doritos white cheddar

:doh: How you two can leave out Salsa Rio and still look yourselves in the mirror makes me believe in minor miracles

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Video posted:

Kettle Brand's Mature Cheddar & Red Onion are probably the best chips I've had that weren't English

Try the Kettle pepperoncini holy poo poo!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

All kettle chips suck tbh

Sour cream and cheddar gets my vote.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

It's like "yeah, I want my potato chips super hard and sharp, guess I'll get some Kettle Brand (TM) Chips."

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asQ1-vUugA

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

none of you retards saying doritos can read

this is the potato chip thread not the corn chip thread

there's already a doritos flavor thread

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tim's Cascade Style

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

All Dressed are my favorite and they've been here in Canada for as long as I can remember

I don't understand why Canada has so many flavors compared to the US and why you guys don't have more, considering how you have so many options for beer (that I am envious of :()

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The only chip AFAIC.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I miss 3d doritos

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm a simple man

+

Plenty of other fancy options but this is the standard

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

gleebster posted:

You go to the trouble of finding Utz chips, but then spoil it by getting BBQ? Even the Utz Girl looks reluctant to reach into that bag of shame. Sour cream and onion or salt and vinegar.

have you had utz' bbq? the bbq dust on the ripple cut chips is god tier among chip dust.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Deep River chips are fuckin garbage whoever posted that above should be ashamed of themselves

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

The Sphinxster posted:

Tim's Cascade Style

Yeah man. Yeah.

I haven't lived where you can get these (I think, like, just around Seattle?) in a long time... but those jalapeņo chips kick rear end.

Are they still as good as they were in like... the early 90s? I thought about ordering some online recently, but there are fewer flavors and stuff then I remember and I got worried the company might have been sold or something. Can't ruin those chip memories.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Trader Joes Ghost Pepper Chips were the best I've ever had.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A fine chip

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Yeah man. Yeah.

I haven't lived where you can get these (I think, like, just around Seattle?) in a long time... but those jalapeņo chips kick rear end.

Are they still as good as they were in like... the early 90s? I thought about ordering some online recently, but there are fewer flavors and stuff then I remember and I got worried the company might have been sold or something. Can't ruin those chip memories.

Oregon too and they still kick rear end. The best part of those jalapeno chips is they are sometimes legit hot.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

A fine chip

Just ate some of these theyre p good

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Dandywalken posted:

A fine chip

I'm hoping my grocery has this brand and flavor!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Big Beef City posted:

Ketchup chips aren't terrible, but they're like "Eat 4-10 out of a bowl at a party" kind of chips.

The All Dressed ones are all the available flavors dumped onto one chip, right? I am curious how they taste, it seems like one of those "incredibly amazing or utterly disgusting" types of things.

VVV Weak

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 22, 2016

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The All Dressed ones are all the available flavors dumped onto one chip, right? I am curious how they taste, it seems like one of those "incredibly amazing or utterly disgusting" types of things.
No they're just vinegar and spice.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Potato < Tortilla

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The only chip AFAIC.

this guy gets it

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008