Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Was there an Elon Musk figure in the Red Markets lore? Or was he just rolled into the Ubiq guy?

I feel that would be an interesting mission, similar to twitch streamers in Red Markets, having to deal with an insane millionare’s twitter beefs being solved with taker contracts. Do you kill the target, or having discovered he is an ex-Navy SEAL saving children in the Loss, also start beefing on twitter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm fishing for some lore ideas here.
China.

I used a job posted on the lifelines forums (the immune kids and the casualtrees) and added a leg where the takers come across a the corpses of a Chinese special forces team being picked over by some scavengers/takers in the snow.
Their DHQS contact was watching their livestream of the job (scam: they offered to broadcast the entire job as a way of increasing the value) and called them up to tell the to take everything off the dead spec ops. And off the scavengers. Offered an appropriate amount of money and so the takers mugged them and turned over the Intel to some stoploss courier.
As they were exiting the job site they caught sight of Bigfoot. It was a joke on shakey footage and cryptozoology.

Now they want to explore this further.

They've started talk of a bigfoot hunt as their JOLS.

I want to merge these ideas and have the bigfoot be a member of the Chinese special forces team in a ghillie suit. Being the sole survivor they have contracted the blight and is now latent hiding out in the moubtains. But an advanced form they have become an aberrant: The Wendigo.
A desperate person driven half insane by insatiable hunger succumbing to cannibalism and eating casualties. They retain the human cunning with the resilience of a vector and a gnawing need to eat to sate the blights energy requirements in a frozen environment.

What is the situation in China and what purpose/mission would a spec ops team be inserted into North Montana/the Rockies.
What does the DHQS or other departments still functioning know about them, and the post apocalypse geopolitics of spooks and spies?

The pay day would need to be enormous or even non monetary, in the form of repatriation or pardon.

• Locked thread