Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Thoughts on the Brand Split?
This poll is closed.
It's gonna fuckin suck 93 44.71%
It could be good 115 55.29%
Total: 208 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The way I'd like to see it:

Raw: Mainstays and some new guys, deserving long-time undercard finally getting a shot.
SD: Hybrid of midcard workhorses getting recognition, and new NXT call-ups.
NXT: Return to developmental format instead of a super-indie showcase.

Maybe the 2 World champs format could work again, but no double Tag/Womens this time. US on Raw, IC on SD. Frequent invasions/jumps between shows, enough to keep matches fresh, and consistent inter-show rivalries instead of practically ignoring the other exists.

Doing the exact same thing they used to would suck. So WWE being WWE it's probably going to be exactly that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fat Lowtax posted:

Please stop saying New Era :gonk:
No you see it hearkens back to the New Generation which worked so well.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Two World champs is the dumbest way to go. Especially since they JUST merged the belts in an elaborate storyline a few years back (Orton/Cena, Bryan at Mania XXX, Brock winning the "new" merged belt; they made a point of it being THE DEFINITIVE SOLO WORLD BELT). It's pretty lovely to backpedal real hard on that and go "lolnope, two world champs again."

That was exactly what happened with the Undisputed title at the beginning of the first brand split. WWF acquired WCW, WWF/WCW titles merged, then Brock took the one belt to Smackdown and they reintroduced the Big Gold just after the WCW version had been absorbed. In less time than this, actually.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's been sort of a thing lately where Big E thinks something they do is too silly or he doesn't quite play along with the antics of Kofi and Xavier, so I could reasonably see them putting Big E somewhere else and having New Day continue as a tag team instead of a trio, but it seems like Kofi probably wouldn't stand for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Without all the replays and filler bullshit Raw is 2 hours anyway. I wish they'd strike a deal with USA where either the first or last hour is different content but still WWE. Even if it's just Superstars live.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd be happy if it was like this:
WHC: Raw
IC: SD, elevated to main championship
US: Raw's open challenge TV title style belt
CW: Smackdown's juniors belt
Women/Tag: Float between shows

Jerusalem posted:

Teddy Long sitting by the phone, playing the waiting game.

But would he be on the show with the tag division? Or the show where singles midcard guys can't stop interfering in other singles matches?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

As long as their talent raids to fill out their roster stay the gently caress away from Dragon Gate they can do whatever the gently caress they want.
I doubt they can, honestly. Other than possibly Tozawa due to his having friends in the US, it doesn't seem like many non-gaijin ever leave DG. Even in Japan their roster is career-Dragon Gate most of the time. The only example I can think of is SUWA going to NOAH and that was like 12 years ago. I don't know if it's contracts or loyalty, but everyone seems to stick around there forever until they retire.

MassRafTer posted:

If you want to be unrealistic I guess you could do that, but in real sports there's always joke championships.
That's the one thing WWE should raid from Dragon Gate: The Owarai title.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bring back both the WCW and WWF Hardcore and Cruiserweight titles as well as the Light Heavyweight. Bring back the ECW title and the WWECW title. Bring back the WWE, WWF, World, WCW and ECW tag titles, and all of the variations of the World title including the Spinner, the Rated-R Spinner, the Smoking Skull, the Brahma Bull, the Undisputed, and the NWA, WCW, and WWE versions of the Big Gold Belt.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Flair's "record" isn't even the real number, so whatever.
Flair only has a record because WCW retroactively counted after the buyout anyway. In terms of Cena's actual WWE championships he's already beaten Flair by miles.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Extreme0 posted:

The Diva's championship. You're not you when you're hungry.

The women will have the new Women's title, the one Madusa threw in the trash, the one LayCool split in half, the Divas, the WCW Women's, the NXT Women's, and the Queen of FCW tiara.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also bring back the FCW Jack Brisco 15 medal because that owned as a title concept.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Not to mention that like half the women's division is out with injury right now. There's Charlotte, Becky, Nattie, Paige, Dana, Alicia and a giant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ after that. I guess Summer, but WWE seems more interested in making her a valet than a wrestler.

This is why it always baffles me when people call for a women's tag title. There's no roster depth to work with.

It's because there's never anything going on with anyone who's not feuding over the title, so people assume the rest need belts to fight over instead of having the 12 or so women fight over title shots and get into their own feuds so tag belts won't be necessary.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Solus posted:

Whatever the gently caress happens. I hope we get more of Ranallo calling Women's matches.. He makes it that much better

I really like Ranallo because he can competently call a match, but if I have one sort of off-putting note, it's that he hits some really reaching nonsensical analogies. He said this last week:

"I know that Baron Corbin is a fan of Slipknot, well he'll certainly be looking to put some knots on his opponent's head tonight!"

That's just one example, but he slips into a less-dorky Striker mode sometimes and it's really strange when you notice it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He's what you really want.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So they're doing a Fantasy Draft now and letting people share it:
http://fantasy-draft.wwe.com/?sf30477905=1#/

Here's mine. Note that I put everyone I like on Smackdown for a super awesome roster, and put people I'm either bored with or don't care about on Raw so I could skip it every week:
http://fantasy-draft.wwe.com/?sf30477905=1#/shared/287e22b4dd02cd1bac658bcd58286f33

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dr. Baker posted:

You broke up Lana and Rusev. You monster.

Real life be damned, I want him to be back with My Hot Summer and offer her wonderful gifts of fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Vince's dream roster:

http://fantasy-draft.wwe.com/?sf30477905=1#/shared/45f2e0db134d22bba173c387b389f6f4

• Locked thread