Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Thoughts on the Brand Split?
This poll is closed.
It's gonna fuckin suck 93 44.71%
It could be good 115 55.29%
Total: 208 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

Didn't Kofi and Xavier already say they're just gonna retire when the New Day breaks up?

Kofi mentioned retirement, I don't know if Xavier was going to retire or just quit WWE. Either way, I'm not sure if that will matter, since Big E is the one Vince really wants anyway.

A brand split, in theory, cuts New Day's TV appearances almost in half. I wonder if that'll affect their merch sales and poo poo to the point where Vince is just like "gently caress it, pull the trigger".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

This seems like a really good thing to me. The downside of all the new guys getting pushed to fill the injury gaps is that as people are now coming back, the roster's getting overstuffed, and those issues can only get worse; who can Randy Orton or Bray Wyatt feud with when they come back? Whose segments get pushed off TV to make room for them? We already didn't see Rusev at all last week, and he has a belt.

This gives everybody breathing room, going live removes the spoilers so people actually need to watch and will (hopefully) remove the B-show taint, and it reduces everybody's workrates since they'll either have Monday or Tuesday off, which ought to help end the injury plague.

And hey, if we're really really lucky, they might do two women's feuds at once. We might even get more than one match a week! :eek:

The problem is that this won't stop the lovely booking and scheduling. Even with the size of the current roster, they still can't fill a 3-hour Raw with worthwhile poo poo. Now they're going to cut that roster nearly in half? This probably just means more McMahon bullshit, more Roman Reigns, etc. etc.

Personally I think the best to hope for is that the current IC/MITB contender stable moves to Smackdown (Cesaro/Owens/Zayn/Miz/etc... maybe Ambrose since he's never getting the big belt anyway)

e: VVV true. Well, about Roman anyway. And Cena's probably going to trade the new SD belt back and forth with someone a couple times to beat Flair's record without having to beat Roman... maybe Ambrose and KO will get a run or two in.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 25, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

In favor of Cena

gently caress it, I'd take Cena over Roman any day.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly if they're going to put all the women on one show, I'd rather it be Raw. That way they've got SOME kind of time to do something. If Smackdown stays as a 2 hour show, even the smaller roster will end up just like what we have now, where all we get is a bad Charlotte promo and an occasional squash match.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Too bad we're stuck in this dumb PG era, or they could do what TNA did for a joke belt and have a beer drinking championship.

(why no, of course this isn't a thinly veiled excuse to get Stone Cold back on TV without him having to ruin his body more, why do you ask?)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

SylvainMustach posted:

The least funny and most often wrong poster in psp

Raw is/has been garbage

Not gonna argue that he's a crap poster but Raw has definitely improved since Mania. The time from Seth's injury to Mania was just horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
127 million? Why does that actually seem like a small number for over 250 hours of TV per year?

• Locked thread