Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

quote:

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents

one official described Kyle as a “decorated war hero” and questioned the “motivations” of looking into Kyle’s account.

In 2013, he was murdered in Texas by a fellow veteran struggling with mental health problems.

Kyle also wrote in his book that he had 160 “confirmed kills” as a sniper. Service members in battle largely self-report the number of enemy combatants they kill.

In 2014, just over a year after Kyle’s death, a Minnesota jury found that he had lied in American Sniper and defamed former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura by claiming to have punched Ventura out at a bar in Coronado, California. The jury awarded Ventura, who served in a precursor unit to the Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War, $1.8 million in damages and ordered Kyle’s widow, Taya Kyle, to pay. (Taya Kyle is appealing the ruling.)
[op's note: disgusting to make her pay, american legal system is broken]
[edit: they should make the guy who killed Chris pay]

“SEALs are silent warriors, and I’m a SEAL down to my soul,” Kyle wrote in American Sniper. “If you want to check me out, ask a SEAL.”

do we have any SEALS Here?

frankly i've lost all respect for this man after he lied about how many people he killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
He lost me when he bragged about murdering black people displaced by hurricane Katrina.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I have 161 confirmed sniper kills in DOOM and I was fighting the minions of HELL, not some goat farmers.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I liked his gas station story:

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/flashback-multiple-thugs-try-carjack-american-sniper-chris-kyle-bad-move/

Multiple THUGS!!

quote:

In early January of 2009, Chris Kyle stopped to get gas in a suburb outside of Dallas, TX. Chris was minding his own business fueling up his truck when two men approached him at gunpoint. They demanded he turn over the keys to his vehicle. Chris’s training immediately took a hold and he sized up the two men. He noticed one did not look very confident with a gun. At this point they were on the passenger side of the vehicle and Chris said, “let me grab my key from inside.”

Without hesitation Chris reached for the keys with his left hand and for a gun just under his left armpit with his right hand. He pulled the trigger a total of 4 times and the threat was down. Without even looking back Chris had shot both robbers in the chest and killed them immediately. To avoid media attention he got the surveillance video from the gas station, called his commanding officer, and then called the police. Out of respect for Chris the local PD did not go to the media.

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im glad he died

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
You're welcome for my service, I would like my free ice cream now Mr. Applebee's.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Brother I know you have PTSD and are real hosed up, here's a high powered rifle lets go to the range and shoot the crazy out

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also jesse ventura sued his estate for defamation and won

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once shot a man for snorin too loud

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Lol @ that "OP note". Why the gently caress would the guy who killed him have to pay? His lying and slander is completely unrelated to his death.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i remember when this guy died because he thought bringing ptsd ridden crazies back out to barren wastelands alone to shoot guns was a good form of therapy

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Chris Kyle? More like Kriss Krossed the wrong man. Jump Jump.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im glad this person no longer exists

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Windows 98 posted:

Lol @ that "OP note". Why the gently caress would the guy who killed him have to pay? His lying and slander is completely unrelated to his death.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
ppfft come back when you have over 300 confirmed kills

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wait, what?

quote:

The movie adaptation became the highest-grossing war film in American history.

How the hell did that movie make so much money? Movies with a cast of thousands storming the beaches of Normandy as every pyrotechnic effect every made goes off? Nah, gotta catch this flick about a sadbrains sniper who got merced by someone with even more sadbrains.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

paul_soccer10 posted:

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

do we have any SEALS Here?

frankly i've lost all respect for this man after he lied about how many people he killed

good thread newsboy bitch

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Paul doesn't even play soccer and is a 6 at best

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait, what?

How the hell did that movie make so much money? Movies with a cast of thousands storming the beaches of Normandy as every pyrotechnic effect every made goes off? Nah, gotta catch this flick about a sadbrains sniper who got merced by someone with even more sadbrains.

if you lie enough you can make it sound exciting

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

if you lie enough you can make it sound exciting

Let me tell you about my sex life...

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I've worked with tons of them and while they don't particularly like the dude and what he did and said and got paid for., he is still a Seal and they'll beat your rear end if you talk poo poo about him in front of them.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

also we had two very long expensive lovely wars that accomplished nothing so if you can make it sound like there was any positive aspect to it at all people wanna watch that i guess

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I am glad the crazy truther guy got a bunch of money from the widow of the dumb man, American legal system is awesome

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Parallax Scroll posted:

also we had two very long expensive lovely wars that accomplished nothing so if you can make it sound like there was any positive aspect to it at all people wanna watch that i guess

All wars need hero's man.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Bees posted:

they'll beat your rear end if you talk poo poo about him in front of them.

that's so cool

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

All wars need hero's man.

Most of those hero's are incredibly inflated. But some aren't.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

King of Bees posted:

I've worked with tons of them and while they don't particularly like the dude and what he did and said and got paid for., he is still a Seal and they'll beat your rear end if you talk poo poo about him in front of them.

Actually they won't, because that is assault. I know a thing or two about laws regarding assault. They will get in your face and act tough and tell you they will hurt you (which is verbal assault and will hold up in court because they are trained killers and it could be seen as a real threat to your life).

Unless of course Seals make so much money they don't care about paying me restitution. In which case go for it, I could use the money.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

paul_soccer10 posted:

that's so cool

Not really. But you could go to Coronado CA and step in McPs and start ragging Chris Kyle I guess.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Windows 98 posted:

I know a thing or two about laws regarding assault.

:five: :five: :five:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Windows 98 posted:

Actually they won't, because that is assault. I know a thing or two about laws regarding assault. They will get in your face and act tough and tell you they will hurt you (which is verbal assault and will hold up in court because they are trained killers and it could be seen as a real threat to your life).

Unless of course Seals make so much money they don't care about paying me restitution. In which case go for it, I could use the money.

Sorry, they will beat your rear end to pulp. and get a snack on the wrist from local pd who will take them home because they are drunk. They will pretty much face no consequence for their actions. I'm not up bragging the seals, I lived and worked with them for over ten years and they live in a different dimension than we do.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Lmao

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i'm pretty sure that the liar's widow doesn't actually have to pay anything because the publishing company has insurance that covers situations where they publish lies and get sued for it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

King of Bees posted:

Sorry, they will beat your rear end to pulp. and get a snack on the wrist from local pd who will take them home because they are drunk. They will pretty much face no consequence for their actions. I'm not up bragging the seals, I lived and worked with them for over ten years and they live in a different dimension than we do.

Actually, no. But keep dreaming kiddo.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

City of Tampa posted:

i'm pretty sure that the liar's widow doesn't actually have to pay anything because the publishing company has insurance that covers situations where they publish lies and get sued for it

seems like she's in for a fight with the insurance company and/or publisher at that point

e-cult of autists
May 25, 2016

by zen death robot
myfractal childhood wah wah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

• Locked thread