Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

red_dirt posted:

Either collect your thoughts before you submit, or tell everyone looking over your shoulder to speak one at a time so you can catch it all in a single, orderly post.

Oh, and gently caress hero worshipers and the seal they rode in on.

Jfc what's your deal man? Please pm me and I'll try to help you. If you're a Sailor I'm here to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Roylicious posted:

Yeah... Again those were very specific circumstances though? And not even that many people all said and done (relative to the population of LA, for example). I mean why didn't those ranchers all just get wiped out if the state is so brutal?

I dunno I mean what you say makes sense but I feel like historically the army always ends up fracturing into factions that either side with the state, the civilians, or just stay out of it entirely and it isn't ever so black and white. A lot of servicemen have civilian family living nearby :shrug:

The Romans knew what was up by having legions police provinces that they were not native to to mitigate this but eh it was questionably effective once the legion was there for a bit and settled in with the locals.

The military's got a lot of dudes who think they want to kill someone (and don't make much distinction between brown foreigners and poor domestic strangers). Fortunately, most soldiers/people take their cues from the people around them. I think there would usually be enough inertia against violence to keep most groups of soldiers from acting on orders to fire on US citizens. There are some dumb motherfuckers out there though, and if they ever had to make their own judgement call then all bets are off.

Years ago I was once posted as an armed guard on a civilian site on the spur of the moment. The senior NCO (it might have been King of Bees) placing me there gave me the following instructions: "I think you're authorized to use deadly force. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you can shoot anyone that tries to come over here."

This was in a populated area, right next to a major road. I used my better judgement and refrained from shooting anyone even though I was, kinda, instructed to.

edit. This was CONUS.

red_dirt fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 27, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Wasn't me bro all I did in combat was hafs and gafs, weekly. but you had a lovely time and I respect that. We done ragging each other?

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
I didn't have a lovely time. I had a dumb, boring time. People who claim to have had lovely times are usually looking for attention.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
What if they were digging a latrine?

:D

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Roylicious posted:

There is many goddamn rules to digging those

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
george zimmermans trial stole his balor

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

red_dirt posted:

The military's got a lot of dudes who think they want to kill someone (and don't make much distinction between brown foreigners and poor domestic strangers). Fortunately, most soldiers/people take their cues from the people around them. I think there would usually be enough inertia against violence to keep most groups of soldiers from acting on orders to fire on US citizens. There are some dumb motherfuckers out there though, and if they ever had to make their own judgement call then all bets are off.

Years ago I was once posted as an armed guard on a civilian site on the spur of the moment. The senior NCO (it might have been King of Bees) placing me there gave me the following instructions: "I think you're authorized to use deadly force. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you can shoot anyone that tries to come over here."

This was in a populated area, right next to a major road. I used my better judgement and refrained from shooting anyone even though I was, kinda, instructed to.

edit. This was CONUS.

Saw your edit and yes I saw that in DC when I was stationed there during 9/11. We immediately went from a peacetime to a wartime footing and no one knew what he gently caress they were doing but it changed very quickly.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Again. Wtf is your problem? Did you serve, was your work center supe mean to you? Did the guy in the rack above you fart all the time?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

STOLEN VALOR!!!

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

King of Bees posted:

Again. Wtf is your problem? Did you serve, was your work center supe mean to you? Did the guy in the rack above you fart all the time?

he was probably the odd one out that got smoked constantly for being a fatbody and teased by his squaddies

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Roylicious posted:

Burning poo poo...that's true earned valor.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

my grandpa ran around yelling german paratroopers into cowed submission

he also loved chinese knick knacks and halloween

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Is "knick knacks" what we're calling them now?

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
This thread is poo poo and needs to be gassed

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Grody posted:

This thread is poo poo and needs to be gassed

much like ur posting lmao!! haha owend

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im glad he died

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees posted:

You guys are right. And I've know seals mugged in San Diego who didn't even fight back. Just like, whatever dude ain't worth the hassle, they don't want to get knifed because then they couldn't go downrange and kill people. And yes I was talking about intentionally picking a fight with one by talking poo poo on their dead bro, no matter what a douche he was. In my defense I'm a senior NCO in the Navy who worked side by side with these guys for years so I do have some experience with these situations (too much...).

dude, you play entirely too many videogames

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

it was funny when Kyle died and there was a big weird dystopian service in the middle of the dallas cowboys stadium and his friends testified to how great he was by saying he put them in headlocks

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kyle was a shithead whose idea of a tale of valor was a completely fiction account of shooting black civilians. if by some strange chance king of bees isnt full of poo poo and current seals would savagely beat anyone who spoke ill of a dead liar that just reflects poorly on seals in general.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

To be fair he also bragged about killing women and children, which is much worse than fictional dead African Americans

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Professor Shark posted:

To be fair he also bragged about killing women and children, which is much worse than fictional dead African Americans

This man's got a point

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who the hell changed my thread title, now no one knows what the thread is about

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Hold X to steal Valor

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope the cops catch the valor thief and return it to the rightful owner, a robotic airplane

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Haha king of bees shut the gently caress up you pussy rear end pog bitch

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
I went to hurricane Katrina ama

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Did you shoot black people or just loot their homes?

wacky tacky kathy
May 26, 2016

by zen death robot
i am sick of the game playing james ferguson was and is a good man and triggering autistic ppl with polkaroo dolls is sick!!!!

please give me wddp.org account so i can see the truth before my execution ty

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
The idea of shooting people during Katrina is despicable. The whole thing was the loving apocalypse lmaoooo gently caress Chris kyle. Nopd also just straight up murdering people. People in the super dome getting raped and kidnapped couldn't do anything about it just mass waves of people loving dead everywhere gently caress Chris kyle and gently caress you king of bees

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
While king of bees IS lying, Kyle also didn't kill people during Katrina so settle down

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Nigga I saw stacks of bodies in Katrina I see that poo poo in my sleep you gonna come in here and say some dumb poo poo lmao go loving kill yourself post haste

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
King of bees have you ever even been outside the wire have you ever even loving seen the wire SHUT THE gently caress UP go do supply or whatever scared rear end bitch job you do lmao

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Settle down

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
SEALs are silent warriors, and I’m a SEAL down to my soul,” Kyle wrote in American Sniper. “If you want to check me out, ask a SEAL.”

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Roylicious posted:

That's kinda what I figured.

A lot of people seem to think the US military would have no issues mowing down civilians if DC commanded it and I always felt like that was some bullshit.

You've heard about the Bonus Army, right? Where Patton ordered a bunch of US cavalry to literally charge into a bunch of US civilians with sabres drawn, and they did exactly that without any of them expressing any resistance whatsoever?

Like, I'm sure if an army unit was just chillin' out and an officer came up to them and said 'Yo, shoot those dudes over there' that would be different, but the sort of situation where this would come up is the sort of emotionally charged, possibly-riotous situation where those sorts of orders would seem reasonable enough to get obeyed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

feedmegin posted:

You've heard about the Bonus Army, right? Where Patton ordered a bunch of US cavalry to literally charge into a bunch of US civilians with sabres drawn, and they did exactly that without any of them expressing any resistance whatsoever?

Like, I'm sure if an army unit was just chillin' out and an officer came up to them and said 'Yo, shoot those dudes over there' that would be different, but the sort of situation where this would come up is the sort of emotionally charged, possibly-riotous situation where those sorts of orders would seem reasonable enough to get obeyed.

Wrong Blowhard, that was Douglas Mcarthur.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 27, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
on the way home from work I drive through an intersection where some 30-something Army dude lives, he wears digital camo and he hobbles between cars when the light is red (he has an artificial leg) and holds up a sign asking for money

he probably should have gone to trade school and learned how to be a plumber or HVAC guy instead.

Happy Memorial Day troops!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

kyle was a shithead whose idea of a tale of valor was a completely fiction account of shooting black civilians. if by some strange chance king of bees isnt full of poo poo and current seals would savagely beat anyone who spoke ill of a dead liar that just reflects poorly on seals in general.

Seals are pretty much viewed as a self promotion PR machine by the rest of the SOCOM community

The whole point of being a secret squirrel, killin' machine is to keep it a secret :caro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait, what?

How the hell did that movie make so much money? Movies with a cast of thousands storming the beaches of Normandy as every pyrotechnic effect every made goes off? Nah, gotta catch this flick about a sadbrains sniper who got merced by someone with even more sadbrains.

He fights a sexually threatening terorist sniper who wears a lot of eyeliner

• Locked thread