Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

quote:

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents

one official described Kyle as a “decorated war hero” and questioned the “motivations” of looking into Kyle’s account.

In 2013, he was murdered in Texas by a fellow veteran struggling with mental health problems.

Kyle also wrote in his book that he had 160 “confirmed kills” as a sniper. Service members in battle largely self-report the number of enemy combatants they kill.

In 2014, just over a year after Kyle’s death, a Minnesota jury found that he had lied in American Sniper and defamed former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura by claiming to have punched Ventura out at a bar in Coronado, California. The jury awarded Ventura, who served in a precursor unit to the Navy SEALs during the Vietnam War, $1.8 million in damages and ordered Kyle’s widow, Taya Kyle, to pay. (Taya Kyle is appealing the ruling.)
[op's note: disgusting to make her pay, american legal system is broken]
[edit: they should make the guy who killed Chris pay]

“SEALs are silent warriors, and I’m a SEAL down to my soul,” Kyle wrote in American Sniper. “If you want to check me out, ask a SEAL.”

do we have any SEALS Here?

frankly i've lost all respect for this man after he lied about how many people he killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King of Bees posted:

they'll beat your rear end if you talk poo poo about him in front of them.

that's so cool

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here is the latest "Stolen Valor" on the Stolen Valor yourtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZqS61ldp4

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
props indeed

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Most military members weren't even alive when Kent State went all Columbine. Plus, the National Guard got overhauled quietly afterwards and I'd say the likelihood of something similar going down would be exponentially smaller than the chances of a random mass shooting at said school. Just look at what the Natty G wasdoing during the St Louis riots recently, just putting out fires, picking up trash from protestors and standing around waiting for cops to tell them what was going on.

can't understand u with all the troops in ur mouth (nonsexual)

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fact of the matter is, if the US military ever started shooting US citizens, it would most likely be drones popping milita-men in Idaho instead of minorities in Detroit

or US Citizens in Yemen, they HATE those guys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdulrahman_al-Awlaki

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh i didnt even finish reading your post sorry for mansplaining at you

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booblord Zagats posted:

If it had been womansplaining would it just have been a pinterest list for falafel and hummus recipes in his honor?

i dont know

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who the hell changed my thread title, now no one knows what the thread is about

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10