Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Unless you have done something bad you can chat to the police especially in a friendly manner, if you've been stopped for mild speeding or something of that ilk it would probably be beneficial to do so as you want to give them any excuse to want to let you off and being friendly can help that. If you done something you cant be let off for dont say a word or dont get caught doing it in the first place. In the case the OP is talking about do nothing they haven't got poo poo, unless they actually show up to arrest if they appear again be polite even friendly but don't say poo poo, if they arrest then lawyer before saying anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

Northern Ireland's largest trade union, NIPSA (who cover public sector employees), have voted to support a Leave vote.

Deary me lads

Why? Do they not realise how much money they get for the EU and how buggered they would be without it, I mean they would never have to got to build the ever brilliant peace bridge in Derry.

On another note gently caress this year, Muhammad Ali now, though its resulted in someone sending a great tweet in response to Trump giving his sympathies pointing out that given his way old Donald wouldn't have let him into the country.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

TinTower posted:

You think I'm an ignorant sovereign.
[url=[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvZ1TEQRB8]]And you've been so many places I guess it must be so.

But still I cannot see If the ignorant one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know.

You think the state has some sort of jurisdiction.
Taxes are just something you must pay.
But I know every STATUTE, STATE and PERSON
In all caps is only a fictitious name

You think the only lawyers who are lawyers
Are the ones who passed the bar and went to school
But if you watch these videos on Youtube
You'll learn how to make the police look like fools

Have you ever stood in court before a gold-fringed flag?
Or asked an officer "am I detained?"
Can you sing with all the voices of the government?
Can you paint with all the colors of the law?

Come with me down the street to the post office.
Come sign this declaration with your blood.
Come sign at a fourty-five degree angle.
It's that simple, and then you will be a judge.

The constitution says that I can travel.
I don't need a license to be on this road.
"Drive" would mean I was engaged in commerce.
Your so-called laws are nothing but a fascist hoax.

How hiiiiiiiiiigh can the conspiracy go?
If you taze me now, you'll never know
And you'll never stand in court before a gold-fringed flag
Or ask an officer "am I detained?"
Can you sing with all the voices of the government?

You can try to understand the law
But you'll just stand under the law

How dare they do this to the best Disney song, this is a travesty.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Kegluneq posted:

But it doesn't scan anything like Hellfire at all?

Hellfire is not even top five.

Edit:1. Colours of the Wind 2. A Whole New World 3. Beauty and the Beast 4.I Just Cant Wait to be King 5. I cant choose between I Wanna be Like You and Everybody Wants to be a Cat

StoneOfShame fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 4, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Beauty and the Beast is amazing and if you dont love it you have no heart. I forgot about Friend Like Me fucks sake need to rethink.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Is my list out of touch?

No it is the other posters who are wrong.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Miftan posted:

Can't wait to hear what pissflaps' favourite disney song is!

Something from Song of the South

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

I wept the most at the final scenes of Toy Story 3, I think a lot of it was because I was about Andy's age throughout all of the trilogy and that notion of saying goodbye to your child really resonated with me, gently caress I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it, what an amazing film.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

Ah makes more sense. Still rich coming from a Rangers fan.

I wasn't a racist. I was Swiss.

What's wrong with being a Rangers fan, are you going to claim they are all sectarian assholes whilst all Celtic fans are noble supporters of the cause?

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I take it you don't read the Scottish Independence thread.

No, does the thread show all Rangers fans to be sectarian lunatics or does it show 'you're a rangers fan' being used to dismiss arguments.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

There was a multi page discussion on the appropriateness of calling people Huns

Oh dear, that sounds horrific, will have to read. Then again my teams violent fans proudly called themselves the Zulu army so maybe all teams are awful.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

There was a multi page discussion on the appropriateness of calling people Huns

You did not do that discussion justice with your description.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/09/loyalist-informers-smuggled-weapons-used-in-dozens-troubles-murders-report-loughinisland

So, we already knew the RUC were colluding with loyalist paramilitaries back in the height of The Troubles but in further fun developments to the extent of this it turns out that the police definitely helped smuggle in weapons that loyalists then used in murders, good work there guys.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Its absurd that they're still getting away with these cover ups especially considering how much better the PSNI are, in some ways its quite admirable that the PSNI are probably the best force in the country even though they basically had to bribe most of the worst bastards out.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

At one stage the majority of people working at HET where contractors, many of them retired members of the RUC, so it wasn't exactly massively surprising when an independent report found they investigated state killing with "less rigor" than others

I assume these were the exact people who after Good Friday were told that they weren't allowed to be massive shits anymore and if they didn't like it then they would be given a massive redundancy package so long as they kept quiet.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

gently caress this gay council.

Strong work

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Its happened, we've reached peak Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/09/jonathan-franzen-cats-screens-feline-harm

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Phoon posted:

sometimes I can hear sax music until well past midnight from a bar I live near but I like it

What plays sax music near you? I thought the only music place by you was the Vic which doesn't play sax music.

Anyway you are an arsehole if you move near an existing venue or pub and complain about the noise as a general rule but the laws exist before complaints are made, there are set acceptable noise levels and if a venue operates without accounting for them then they are running the risk of getting complaints and forced to change. Even though the bloke moved in after the venue should have already been preventing noise levels getting to a point were any complaints would be listened to. This slightly different to the worst situation where new builds are built next to a venue causing noise level restrictions to change.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Coohoolin posted:

According to the petition and the articles on it, yeah.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/bid-to-change-who-is-responsible-for-noise2/

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/302/...50477&cid=fb_na

EDIT: There is an issue with "decibels" meaning different things in a sound engineer setting and a colloquial setting and I'm not 100% on it, but the threshold on the limiters is stupidly low and the council is ruining music in the city.

The 30db limit doesn't refer to what's heard inside the venue, iirc its 30db for a residential area at night and that would be tested at a fair point where the complaint is made so outside or at least that's how its meant to be done. City centers have a higher level, I think its about twice as high. So having sound limiters inside venues set so low is loving ridiculous.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

The only way I can see it remotely making sense is that the sound limiters are set such that it doesn't go past 30/35/whatev dBA outside the venue, or 1m from the adjoining walls. Having the speakers limited to that would make it impossible to play music above a standard conversation.

Exactly its a nonsense, the levels are set that low to take into account that you can make a valid noise complaint for people stood outside your house talking all night, no venue should have a problem with any of it if they were set up properly in the first place, it becomes much more difficult with places that have large outside areas.

Edit: I'm listening to Dillinger Four with my window open and it would be far above noise levels for this area, but no one can hate Dillinger Four so its all good.

StoneOfShame fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 9, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I just did a quick and dirty test. Nothing but a couple of quiet computer fans, and the birds tweeting outside. Very little traffic in far distance, a little wind, nice summer evening. About 34.5 dBA.

That's over double 30 dBA, more like 3 times by some back of an envelope working. 30dBA is a ridiculous target. And I shall be writing a complaint to those birds.

I'm at 86db which is top end of the vacuum cleaner range apparently, I'm gonna be testing everything from now on.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Cerv posted:

i don't understand what any of this has to do with car alarms

some form of an agent of change principal in law would be a good idea, but Aberdeen or any other council can't change the national legislation. on the other hand if you got all 2500 people on that petition to chip in £50 and crowd fun the cost of installing some soundproofing

People love signing petitions, people don't love spending money, you'd be lucky to get 25 to chip in.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

JFairfax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFElOYdyg8U

Sean Ryder weighing in on the European debate

Worst poo poo I've ever heard.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

happyhippy posted:

It's going to be fun to see the one hour wait queues at border crossings just to get petrol on the other side as its cheaper.
And with border controls again, it's going to make the army/police sitting ducks again for the IRA when they feel like blowing them up.

And suddenly some of the posters in the UKMT who had never been to NI decided to vote leave.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

It was really dumb to put an England game in Marseilles.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

The British public are probably the best argument against direct democracy that exists. They're so ineffably ignorant.

Nah mate its people the world over its not a uniquely British thing, Cameron should have realised EU membership was to important to let us have a say about though. (Cue Coohoolin coming to tell us how all Scottish people are wonderfully progressive and ignorance is a uniquely British trait.)

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Taear posted:

Toynbee said she was doing phone calling of Labour voters in nottingham and it was all immigration or "We want our country back" poo poo. I wonder who they think has it?

And people saying that they didn't know anyone who was for Remain.

Polly Toynbee is well known for her honesty and not having an agenda against Labour voters.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Remember if the Royals and the Archbishop of Canterbury die Michael Gove effectively becomes King.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Clarkson is and always has been a massive Europhile people just find it shocking because he's a racist but he loves the continent particularly Germany and France.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

If Gareth Bale wants us to remain in the EU he shouldn't do that but gently caress me what a shot.

Edit:Jesus Christ, that's hosed up hope she recovers quickly.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Aren't Wales trending more Leave than England?

Quite possibly I assumed it was just England loving us for a minute, if we don't get out the group stages I cant see remain winning.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Well that's awful.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

If you follow a few antifash, anarchist, and UAF social media accounts you will start to see reports of these sorts of things that include pics and video.
At best they sometimes get passing mentions in local papers.

I followed a few you mentioned the once and then they started spewing a load of support for the 32CSM and proved themselves to be ignorant fucks.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

I didn't know you could get Bovril anywhere but down St. Andrews for the Blues games anymore.

Edit:Earl Grey, no sugar, no milk maybe a slice of lemon is correct tea.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Can you add liquor to Bovril

You can add liquor to anything of you do it right, next time I have Bovril I'll think of a cocktail idea whilst I've got the taste fresh.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

The pieced-together story is:

long-time right-wing man stabs local MP

70-something year old man tries to intervene, gets cut too

the murderer pulls out a gun and fires, with several shots being into the head of the MP at point blank range

Anything else is speculation and even what I've written is "the best we can tell"

The man is probably mentally ill as well like the people who killed Lee Rigby probably were, in this case it will be focused on instead of the extreme ideologies he followed in like with them when it was the opposite because you know racism.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Of course not.

Did you share the Kony video though that was much worse than the ice bucket challenge.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Surprisingly decent suggestion from Michael Green

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/743557284442275840

I think this is almost a necessity as otherwise the campaign will descend into who is most inline with her memory and that would be disgusting.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

The roast beef and mustard flavour of Brannigans own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Trickjaw posted:

So do the new limited edition beef and horseradish from Walkers

Woah woah woah, why is this the first I'm hearing about this.

• Locked thread