Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Looks like a Garbage Pail kiiiidddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I listened to the album for the first time today and it is a drat loving shame Legalize It did not get a music video/sung in the movie. It's too good.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It's hilarious. All the little backing vocals comments are so perfect.

"I can see God!"

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think Equal Rights was the first single off the record, so Humble would be f rom Thriller, Also.

Would he really do that elaborate a production for a song from the previous album in a concert to promote the new one? I figured everything that wasn't explicitly older was from Connquest.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

Would he really do that elaborate a production for a song from the previous album in a concert to promote the new one? I figured everything that wasn't explicitly older was from Connquest.

I think that's a clip from a previous tour.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was my assumption too. Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys overthinking this.

Getting into more and more of the soundtrack. "Things In My Jeep" and "gently caress Off" are so ridiculously good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Also, Owen actually has something to do during "Humble" besides pushing play on the iPod.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

That makes a lot of sense, and that's a good observation. Way to crack the case, boys.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Has anyone picked up the blu ray? What are the extra features like? I'm hoping for more music videos for the songs that got cut.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The movie had so many written jokes but this shot of Akiva looking like a murderer trumped most of them. We still text this picture to each other.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

That's just his resting face

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Has anyone picked up the blu ray? What are the extra features like? I'm hoping for more music videos for the songs that got cut.

In a second watching I noticed a shot in a montage that was clearly from a full performance of "Should I Move?", so surely that would be on a blu ray.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

In a second watching I noticed a shot in a montage that was clearly from a full performance of "Should I Move?", so surely that would be on a blu ray.

I read an interview with Jorma and he said they filmed the whole song with Akon then in editing they realized it wasn't needed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty glad it didn't make it in tbh, it's probably my least favourite song on the album.

Home video extras as detailed by blu-ray.com:

quote:

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping contains a deluge of extra content, including a commentary and 43 minutes of deleted scenes sandwiched around a bunch of very short featurettes and music videos. A DVD copy of the film and a voucher for a UV/iTunes digital copy code are included with purchase.

Deleted Scenes (1080p, 43:30 total runtime): Concert Opening, Meet Tilly Harry Backstory, Rehearsals, Aquaspin Blender, Meet the Crew, "The World is Dope", Eddie's Idea, Album Release Party, Video Chat with Ashley, Zippy Wedding Invitations + Paula/Conner Talk About Engagement, Tilly Arrives on Tour, Lawrence's Visit, 2nd Huddle, Bee Attack #2, Eat Soup, Cube Theorem, Aquaspin Firing, Downward Spiral, Quinceañera, Sponge & Eddie and Bagpiper, Sponge & Eddie and Bagpiper Alt Ending, Paula/Conner Kiss, and Bee Attack #3.
Music Videos (1080p): "I'm a Weirdo" (1:54), "Equal Rights" (3:28), "Mona Lisa" (2:53), "Bin Laden" (2:42), "F*** Off" (2:31), and "Legalize It" (1:15).
Gag Reel (1080p, 3:25).
Interview Outtakes (1080p, 6:39): Characters from the film talk up Conner.
Bonus Footage (1080p, 9:27): Additional short-burst moments featuring the characters.
How to Donkey Roll (1080p, 1:11): The Style Boyz show off the dance craze that helped make them famous.
Big Boy Freestyle (1080p, 1:59): Conner "freestyle" raps on the radio.
Frog J**z (1080p, 0:42): Amongst the weed is a jar of amphibian semen. This is basically another deleted scene.
Shooting Hoops (1080p, 0:58): Conner pretends to be LeBron on the court at his estate.
"Turn Up the Beef" Backstory (1080p, 0:50): A look back the hit theme song from Friends.
Sex Tape (1080p, 1:05): Radio program talkers chat about Conner's "sex" tape.
Fun at CMZ! (1080p, 5:33 total runtime): A gossip show goes over some of Conner's lowlights. Included are Martin Sheen, Anne Frank, Dick Stapling, None of Your Business, and Jerking Off.
Audio Commentary: Directors/Co-Writers Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone and Co-Wrtier Andy Samberg offer up a fun commentary, which includes insights into the film but also some off-topic comments about commentary tracks and other jokes. It's a light track, one that compliments the film well but doesn't take itself all that seriously. Fans of the film should enjoy this track.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh man a video for Legalize It? I'm sold.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I watched it the other night again and turns out Legalize It is in the movie, but only for one scene. It's the first nightclub scene they do in the movie, right as they're introducing Sarah Silverman's character.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still obsessively listening to the soundtrack and I think Donkey Roll honestly might be the most perfect style parody of all of them. The Stylophone poo poo, the female voice, the use of the slang "don't be a Melvin" (I don't know if this existed as a term before but it's perfect), the way the synths sound when they're harmonising or whatever in the chorus....it really brings to mind a certain type of group.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh man a video for Legalize It? I'm sold.

Sadly it's only just over a minute though, which is at least half the length of the song.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

Sadly it's only just over a minute though, which is at least half the length of the song.

Boooo that sucks. And no video for Should I Move either, even though they shot a heap of footage. Oh well that song is pretty lame anyway.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Should I stay... or should I go?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Should I stay... or should I go?

I admit I like the part at the end where he says "I bought the house, and I kept the old one for my dogs, sometimes it just works out"

astronautism
Oct 3, 2002
"So expensive!"

I thought this movie was incredible. It made me watch Hot Rod which I had somehow missed previously.
I've been mentioning it to my friends to try and make up for the lack of publicity it got.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Thank you guys so much for introducing me to Hot Rod, I laughed so hard I fuckin' cried. :neckbeard:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Thank you guys so much for introducing me to Hot Rod, I laughed so hard I fuckin' cried. :neckbeard:

Cool beans.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kewl beans

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cooooooooooooooool beans

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

COOL BEANS!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Cool... beans?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Yeah, cool beans.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Oh! Cool beans.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Beans

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU