Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Nidoking posted:

The non-animation between poses has been done before - a few examples I can think of include Hexadecimal from Reboot, the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who, and the father from Strangers With Candy. It tends to make a character seem creepier when you don't see them move.
Yeah, anything that can move that fast is inevitably capable of killing you before you have any chance to react, the lizard part of your brain knows that if you're seeing something move that fast, you are WAY too close and in imminent mortal danger.

KieranWalker posted:

Hyrule Warriors was also not developed by Nintendo.
Considering Wand of Gamelon and all the other CDi games weren't developed by Nintendo...that's still a technically correct statement, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Neurion posted:

Do Deku people even have bones? When they get hurt do they go to the tree doctor?

They just have to cut some non-sapient grass...unless...oh crap, are all the grasses in the Zelda games baby dekus? Is that where the hearts come from?!

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Geemer posted:

I love the astronomer's theme, it's one of the best the game.
Very much so, and I wish I could link the version by the Majora Philharmonic Sound Orchestra, but unfortunately the only video I can find has some images that still are a bit spoilery. Anybody besides Fae interested in hearing the observatory theme sound even better, go look it up! "Majora Philharmonic Sound Orchestra" and "Astral Observatory" together should find it..

Also, plant puns aside, those moving grass patches? Baby deku scrubs, man!

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
In the well, there was mention in one of the well videos of offering a fresh salad to one of one of the gibdos, and that got me to thinking...would the Deku Princess count or would that be too dark even for Majora's Mask?

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
It's set up to allow a few fuckups and have a most people still have a good chance of getting done on the first try while still being hard enough to be stressful and not a certain thing. It's still awesome to see it done right going in blind.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
I think the problem with that wizzrobe was that it's best fought with FIRE arrows. When you use them, you tear into it like you do when you get the boss key in snowhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
That gossip stone is hands down one of the most useless hints in ANY game, probably only surpassed by ones that are hosed up so bad they actually actively MISdirect you.