Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Aw hell yes, best Zelda ever.

This game is probably the single most atmospheric game I've ever seen. It does more storytelling with scenery and setting alone than most games manage using all their assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I remember not long after Ocarina came out, a website found "beta" pics from that game and posted it. The one that stuck out the most was Tingle and the clock at the bottom of the screen. I can't remember any others, but now I assume they were all just pics from this game.

I remember being so fascinated by the clock on the bottom of the screen when I first saw screenshots for this in Nintendo Power when I was but a wee lad. It's such a unique UI element that I've never really seen successfully duplicated so well.

Also, ChaosArgate, your smoke detector is still going off in this video, right? Because I just changed the one in my family room yesterday, and then I heard the beeping again and I swear I started twitching.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
God, this game. Every part is so good, and I think a lot of it goes to the mood set by the first 3 days- the enforcement of the no-save policy and the restrictions on your movement do great things to set the tone as you watch the clock slowly creeping towards oblivion without any way to stop it.

And I am also amused by Link using time travel to commit bank fraud- since my understanding is the banker (who I always read as blind) marks you with a mark saying "Link here has 34 rupees in his account", so when you go back in time and immediately withdraw those rupees, he doesn't actually have the ones you deposited.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
"GAGWEP"

What? They're turtles, they don't have to make sense.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm disappointed "Unhappy Sentient Turnips" wasn't the episode title.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Kind of! Artix's audio file hosed up at the end and I thought it was funny so I kept it in because I have a strange love of technology goofing up like that

You were correct, it was *very* funny.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
There are always some goodies by the Owl statue outside each dungeon in the game- usually a fairy, some magic, and a big bundle of arrows/bombs.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Pyroi posted:

"Try interacting with it"

"IMMA PUNCH IT"

When I was about 11, I watched my buddy play through this temple at a sleepover, and we got completely stuck on this puzzle. We had no idea what to do at all, and were sitting there watching the clock slowly tick towards a reset, which would have been very frustrating. We kept hitting the button to bring the pillar up, then hitting the button to bring it down. Eventually I made a joke that I hated the pillar and he should punch it, dammit!

"....punch it again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Also the Skull Kid told them and we all know he's a little poo poo.