Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I appreciate that they decided to try and do the 90s version of Dark Kingdom but I cannot take the senshi deaths seriously with the cutesy chibi designs, especially not if they're not actually denying you from continuing to play as those characters after their deaths.

Does anybody know if the audio track changes at all during the later chunk of the map or is it the same generic music that i've slammed on mute since day 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The in-level music and map music is the same in all parts of Dark Kingdom and (so far) Black Moon.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 10, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I've been stonewalled at 1-9 personally for most of this event. The game just didn't want to cooperate at all and just screwed me out of some of the tiles every time. Now I'm trying to quickly lunge through course 2 and 3 to get haruka at all.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The next bunch of Black Moon levels came in today. :woop:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

kefkafloyd posted:

The next bunch of Black Moon levels came in today. :woop:

:swoon:

Something to look forward to after slogging through getting Halloween Michiru!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Is Black Lady just part of the story or is she the next event character?

Actually is the next event up yet?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

next event probably won't be for another couple days and it looks like we're getting Halloween Michelle

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Strange. But acceptable. Cool we're getting Haruka and Michiru before Infinity's map comes out.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Is Black Lady just part of the story or is she the next event character?

Actually is the next event up yet?

Just part of the story, as far as we can see. Kind of a shame that we don't get any playable villains, I'd love to play as Esmeraude.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
The Witch Michiru event is up, and it's not a constellation, it's a path stage like Makoto's. :negative:

She also has the same special as Haruka.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

kefkafloyd posted:

She also has the same special as Haruka.

Hahaha gently caress that

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

END ME SCOOB posted:

Agreed. I may stop at just getting her because I still have Black Moon stages to clear yet, and I got Vampire Haruka able to hit Lv 5 so why would I need another max power random character?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

END ME SCOOB posted:

I don't know if it does exactly the same things (maybe she has different effects) but it is pure laziness and ugh this character deserves better.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

I don't know if it does exactly the same things (maybe she has different effects) but it is pure laziness and ugh this character deserves better.

Definitely.

I love that they're a cute matching pair, but why do the specials also have to match?

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Cheese Pain posted:

Definitely.

I love that they're a cute matching pair, but why do the specials also have to match?

That seems to be a theme with Drops' version of those two, with the exception of Racing Uniform Haruka & Middle School Uniform Michiru. Uranus & Neptune's specials match, and so do the specials for Haruka & Michiru's school uniforms. They have different effects, at least. The only difference with Witchiru is that "Treat" gives you Striped Gems (and occasionally Paint Gems) rather than Popping Gems.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I just had one of Michiru's specials clear a line instantaneously (like Venus). It didn't look like it spawned a gem, so maybe she might be able to randomly use other character's specials? I wish they would post a list somewhere. I've had Haruka spawn a prism once, which was nice.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

My game has crashed twice this morning. It's kind of sucky that they punish you by removing a heart when the game crashes. Especially if it's a heart you just got from your mail. :smith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The game almost always freezes up or fails to load when I play it with Bluestacks, when I do manage to get it to work I can usually get a good chunk of levels done before it crashes usually when tallying trophy points or on a loading screen. Never actually in a stage.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

It's usually fine, but yesterday it just kept dying on me. I'm not even using anything on it!

I've read about the region stuff in this thread. I'll be in the states for a week in November and I'm terrified that it's going to wig out and delete all my game data. Not sure what to do about that.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Just in under the wire to even get Witchiru. Now maybe I can try to work on the Black Moon stages for a while before they release another character.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Chef Makoto event starts today. :swoon:

It's a collect the stars line course event. :negative:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Great, another event where I need to actually focus on the stars I get and actually play the race against time stages well.

Is it one with a 'Trial' of Apron Mako at level 2 and a Level 3 and Level 5 unlock? Or just a "get to this point to unlock the character and go beyond to get extra level ups" type?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

RMZXAnarchy posted:

"get to this point to unlock the character and go beyond to get extra level ups" type?

The latter. 75 stars needed after... 30? stages.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

you don't do well in Race Against Time? I find those to be the easiest ones since you can chain for eternity without having to worry about running out of moves. Now plate monsters, those guys can gently caress right off

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
No trial Makoto this time.

I find that a blessing because I hated playing with trial Haruka/Michiru. Give me god-tier Mercury dammit.

And it's 75 stars at 27 stages. There's 9 stages per cycle (1, 10, 19 are time trials, etc).

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Who do people max power? In what order?

I maxed Sailor Moon and then Mercury, because poppers are harder for me to create than lines, and line + pop = lots of board clearing.

Now I'm staring at the others and wondering who is useful? Should I wait until I get into Black Moon (if outer sailors show up for use)?

Thanks!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
a) the level up events are so regular at this point that you can probably max people pretty easily if you don't try to get EVERY VARIANT EVER to Lv5
b) do Venus last
c) try to max all 5 inner scouts by the end of the Dark Kingdom board because you're going to have to do large swaths locked as one character or another
d) just always try to keep one level in reserve in case of new character you like the sound of needing to hit Lv2

I've got a total of 6 levels stored because I didn't double up on the two halloween costumes, for instance.

I should really just make that thread tonight. Let's do that.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 1, 2016

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Chef Makoto's special power is the same as Venus's. :negative:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

kefkafloyd posted:

Chef Makoto's special power is the same as Venus's. :negative:

That's painful. Especially because School Makoto's is the same as Mercury's and is thus very useful.

Aces High posted:

you don't do well in Race Against Time? I find those to be the easiest ones since you can chain for eternity without having to worry about running out of moves. Now plate monsters, those guys can gently caress right off

I play the game on PC.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 1, 2016

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Did anyone ever start a thread for drops? I transferred to a new phone yesterday and after about a day it just randomly prompted me that my user was invalid and it was deleting my data. And it nuked it from the old phone when I transferred. Has anyone had this issue and were the devs responsive? I'm probably done for good if all those loving event characters and maxed out scouts are gone for good. gently caress that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
As far as I'm aware this means you're hosed, yeah.

I keep thinking "alright I'm gonna capture screens from this thing while I play and make a thread for it" and then I realize I'm barely playing it at this point, popping in to mess with events and send hearts and usually stopping a round or two in. They already did all the events I want and I don't think the story scenes are going to top the comedy of "everyone I know is dead".

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
I can make a drops thread but the fad's probably passed for goons, I bet. The Death Busters map just started.

I heard of someone who had that problem once, it's entirely up to their support team to fix it. Good luck.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Whelp. Guess I'll check out star trek timelines and reinstall 80 days. I'm 1.60 away from kodp in survey fun money too.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

I still play and have fun with it so I'd still love a drops thread to hang out in and complain about the frequency of events and how they hold level five hostage unless you beat all five courses. :argh:

Human Luna was the first one I was unable to unlock level five for, but at least I got the character and her special sucks so whatever. I love Christmas Chibiusa!!

I don't mind all the new characters, but I really wish events were less frequent so I would have time to progress in the actual game stages. I'm literally on level 153 of the first map after all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Mercury and Jupiter because they stood next to each other a lot. Therefore it is canon.

• Locked thread