Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

EclecticTastes posted:

When I tried watching it more recently, though, I can't seem to recall what I liked about it.

The voice acting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

esperterra posted:

Speaking of, poo poo made me laugh so hard in the dub with making them cousins then not bothering to really change any of the hints that they were bangin. Like it could have been the lesbian innate ability of seeing subtext in literally every show on the planet, but imo everyone could tell them cousins was kissin.

Like the part where they enter a contest for couples?

Or the hand thing?

They could change the dialogue all they wanted but there's only so much to do with the visuals.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Worshiping Jadeite as a god? Of what, small businesses?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
This game has fantasy JRPG mainstays like giant hollow trees and towns feuding over something so trivial one wanderer can solve it, and then has to reconcile that with Sailor Moon's ostensible real world setting by putting the villages and giant tree in Canada in a national park.

Which I suspect for some reason is supposed to be Thousand Islands National Park. Can any Canadians confirm if there is a JRPG setting in there?

Then we get things like ice caves in Switzerland and underground gender-segregated villages in Turkey. Like they couldn't go one JRPG without weird poo poo.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Here's my favorite two minutes of Sailor Moon. The dub gave the track star guy the amazingly generic name of "Sean Hayes".

• Locked thread