Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
have you ever had the need for an extension cable? like the heavy duty orange kind maybe? sometimes the plug that comes on appliances and whatnot is just too drat short forcing me out to the store to buy an extension cable. but it works. they work. i don't know how but they do it ... some kind of really advanced chemistry / magic going on inside those things i guess.

so based on that i think they're good and it's something you just take for granted that it exists:

but they didn't always exist. stop and think about it. this is a thread for posting interesting things about extension cords, your favorite kind/length/gauge/thickness, and just generally expressing your appreciation for extension cords.

(PS: feel free to include the kind that expands the # of outlets and even provides surge protection which is a whole other dimension of greatness in extension cords)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I went to best buy today and they didn't have any usb extension cables even though they are the most useful kind

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have a powered USB hub with 7 ports that i can use to charge things. good call. feel free to discuss ANY kind of extension cable or even cool adapters in THIS thread.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i like how my dick fits into a vagina. like think if it didnt lol, like say the pussy was only 1 inch deep but 15 inches around and you just kind of jerked off into it. really take that for granted

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

i like how my dick fits into a vagina. like think if it didnt lol, like say the pussy was only 1 inch deep but 15 inches around and you just kind of jerked off into it. really take that for granted

i'd rub around inside the pussy crater like a mortar & pestle except it's my dick

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

thathonkey posted:

i'd rub around inside the pussy crater like a mortar & pestle except it's my dick

yeah except its dry because how could it not be with all that exposure to the air

yuck

but we'd still do it

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
I use mine as a belt to hold up my britches.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Back in my day we just twisted some extra wire or whatever we had laying around. Sure you get electrocuted every once in a while but we weren't pussies who complained about neuropathy.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i never once took them for granted. you take that back

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife asked me where our extension cable is the other day and it turns out we don't have one.

Thanks for making this thread.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I've got a couple of these bad boys and they are worth their weight in gold. I never ever use all the outlets at once but having all that real estate owns. The fact it screws into the wall making it mega stable owns (and can help cover up a bad piece of drywall/paint if you're lazy)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i never once took them for granted. you take that back

then i extend you an invitation to leave the thread :colbert:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

thathonkey posted:

then i extend you an invitation to leave the thread :colbert:

hope you wanted to make an enemy today cause guess what you did

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
refrigerators and extension cords? really?

be honest, you are just looking around your kitchen and making threads about objects you see arent you.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
toasters, whats up with that?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i don't have an extension cable in my kitchen :confused:

get with the loving program honky

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish they would invent dick extension cables so I could have sex

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
just be careful of voltage drop, some things don't want to be powered by extra long cords

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
rugs, do we take them for granted?

sinks the megathread.

cabinets (pics itt, 56k no)

grout tips and tricks

windows, lets make something clear

tile, a legitimate flooring alternative?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
so many thread possibilities

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
baseboards need love and affection, heres one tip on making a weekly scheduled rub down for your homes baseboards to make sure they know they are loved and appreciated

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You shouldn't use extension cords unless you really have to.

Real men rewire their house the way it would have been if the last owner wasn't such a god drat retard.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
(thats where the mics are hidden) the electrical outlets thread

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

My wife asked me where our extension cable is the other day and it turns out we don't have one.

Thanks for making this thread.

lol at this guy when he gets to Home Depot and sees that they cost like a million dollars per foot.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
the roofs thread, cant top that!

ceiling fans, they spin me right round

the hepa air filter thread, ionize my pozzed neg hole

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015

Can somebody please untangle this mess for me?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

nextlevelstart posted:

Can somebody please untangle this mess for me?

these suck

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Im into rca cable extensions. Your stereo can't reach the porch speakers? I gotcha. 15 feet, 200 feet? Whatever. The signal lasts forever!!!

But theres a new boy in my neighbourhood and it this guy down below!

Woooooo bring the party to someplace else but send in another tune at the same time! You are like a dj!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been considering some new cords. Where are the best deals,? SA Mart?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think they're overrated myself. I'm waiting for wireless transmission of energy; complacency as shown in this thread leads to no progress IMO

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Macrowave Oven posted:

I use mine as a belt to beat my retarded son.

wow mods?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

King of Bees posted:

I've been considering some new cords. Where are the best deals,? SA Mart?

I bought candy from a guy on sa mart. It was good but I chipped a tooth and had to get a crown

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Extension cords are the crutch of the White Trash, there I said it!

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

When I was in school my friends who didn't have electricity would run a cord to their neighbour's outdoor socket at night so we could play PS2.

Extension cords are great, but without them perhaps my buds would have been motivated to not live in squalor.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love to be electrocuted.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
The cat pissed on my extension cord so now I have to unplug and plug in the vacuum cleaner like a MILLION times urrrgg

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I can't find a plug and socket that will work for this to make an extension cord...

http://okonite.com/Product_Catalog/section2/section2-pdfs/2-20.pdf

That's the scrub tier cord too the good ones have this heavy outer armor jacket that's purple for 15kV class and I think yellow for 5kV.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 7, 2016

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting
EPR insulation screen per ICEA
S-93-639/NEMA WC74, AEIC CS8 and UL

pfffffffft

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting
EPR insulation screen per ICEA
S-93-639/NEMA WC74, AEIC CS8 and UL

pfffffffft

Dude you want the semiconducting and foil layers to help prevent corona damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dave_Indeed posted:

You shouldn't use extension cords unless you really have to.

Real men rewire their house the way it would have been if the last owner wasn't such a god drat retard.

i'm not gonna rewire my ancient rear end rental but the lightswitches in the kitchen could stand to be reversed. The switch for the lights is the opposite side of the room. Sure, sure, what if its dark? get this, I don't give a gently caress. Word.

• Locked thread