Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So you like sports huh? You like watching men run around on a field for 90+ minutes just kicking a ball back and forth? That is the most boring thing. Oh, faking injuries in soccer is an art form. You pay one guy like 100 million dollars just to run around for 90 minutes and sometimes make a goal. Soccer is stupid.

In real football people wear armor and have CTEs. On the flipside though, it is usually like a 2 second play, 5 minutes of commercials, and 3 minutes of instant replay. The same 4 teams go to the playoffs every year too, pretty much.

Baseball? Baseball is for idiots. Hitting a ball with a stick and watching men with mitts running around trying to catch it. The average baseball inning lasts 3 hours. Not really but it seems like it. It is a good way to waste time but that is about it.

Basketball is full of exciting , never mind. They dribble a ball and jump and put the ball through the hoop. Sometimes referred to as a dunk. This goes on for the whole game. Basketball is pointless.

Hockey, hockey is so terrible one year the finals got interrupted for pre-horse racing coverage that is how bad hockey is.

George carlin said it best about golf, it's like watching flies gently caress.

Nascar is a sport? Driving around in a circle is a sport, who knew.

If I forgot you sport of choice go ahead and list it, because chances are it is probably terrible and a waste of time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
What is your take on e-sports?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

espor-

Edgar posted:

gently caress

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Real men play lacrosse.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
have you considered human sociability?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
*drops bong*

BWWWWHHUUUUT?!?

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
You were picked last at lunchtime weren't you op.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually sports are good

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar posted:

Bunch of grown manchildren yelling "your mom" into a microphone for 15 minutes straight is exciting. These people make 100k for this bullshit. What the hell is wrong with this picture.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Sepak takraw is the only good sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGd6oowuAYQ

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

generally agreed that pro sports suck, but playing them recreationally is very much a good time, op.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Watching basketball can be really fun but please don't watch the rest of the finals, they are not good at all and it will make you angrier.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Enfield posted:

actually sports are good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Lime Tonics posted:

So you like sports huh? You like watching men run around on a field for 90+ minutes just kicking a ball back and forth? That is the most boring thing. Oh, faking injuries in soccer is an art form. You pay one guy like 100 million dollars just to run around for 90 minutes and sometimes make a goal. Soccer is stupid.

In real football people wear armor and have CTEs. On the flipside though, it is usually like a 2 second play, 5 minutes of commercials, and 3 minutes of instant replay. The same 4 teams go to the playoffs every year too, pretty much.

Baseball? Baseball is for idiots. Hitting a ball with a stick and watching men with mitts running around trying to catch it. The average baseball inning lasts 3 hours. Not really but it seems like it. It is a good way to waste time but that is about it.

Basketball is full of exciting , never mind. They dribble a ball and jump and put the ball through the hoop. Sometimes referred to as a dunk. This goes on for the whole game. Basketball is pointless.

Hockey, hockey is so terrible one year the finals got interrupted for pre-horse racing coverage that is how bad hockey is.

George carlin said it best about golf, it's like watching flies gently caress.

Nascar is a sport? Driving around in a circle is a sport, who knew.

If I forgot you sport of choice go ahead and list it, because chances are it is probably terrible and a waste of time too.

I'm sorry Costa Rica sucks at soccer

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Agreed OP, but you forgot the only real sport: Battlebots.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
for shame OP, have you really no knowledge nor appreciation whatsoever for the redemptive power of sport?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i watched flies gently caress once. it was actually pretty fascinating, not to mention more than a little titillating.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Stuffguyman posted:

Agreed OP, but you forgot the only real sport: Battlebots.
the smooth wedge-shaped one always wins

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Happy Bear Suit posted:

the smooth wedge-shaped one always wins
counterpoint: Ziggo

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

god bless hocky

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

its a good way to get away with rape (whites only)

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

i submit not liking sports as evidence for me being smart

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jellidelic posted:

i submit not liking sports as evidence for me being smart

something doesnt check out here *computer spits out 30feet of paper with wrror messages and catches on fire*

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Soccer is good

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I like water polo :frogbon:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

what are we supposed to do idiot, go to war? thats expensive

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
the biggest problems with soccer are it takes to long to make goals and it's hard to watch on tv, they should make the field smaller and solve both

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Rollerball is a good sport

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Cantaloupe posted:

the biggest problems with soccer are it takes to long to make goals and it's hard to watch on tv, they should make the field smaller and solve both

I think it's actually one of the best sports to watch on tv, no commercials (except at half time).

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Yeah but moments like that Zidane headbutt make it all worth it.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Basketball sucks because a bunch of inbred hillbilly fucks stole our regions team. Baseball and football are ok IMO

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Roylicious posted:

Yeah but moments like that Zidane headbutt make it all worth it.

See what they should do is make soccer more like hockey. more scoring and fights are allowed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I think it's actually one of the best sports to watch on tv, no commercials (except at half time).

a tv show where you can't get up to get a beer or take a piss is a bad show

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Is this a callout thread for paul soccer

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Curling for life!

Live by a weird broom and a rock, die by a weird broom and a rock!!!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Mange Mite posted:

a tv show where you can't get up to get a beer or take a piss is a bad show

You must love Monday Night Football.

Penskecat
Aug 26, 2005
Pro fishing is The poo poo!

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
What about gladiatorial combat?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

rocket_man38 posted:

What about gladiatorial combat?

most matches were staged, people didnt die that often

basically the equivalent of wwe

or rather vvvve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Baseball is fun. It's best when played, failing that, seen live. It's not a good tv sport.

• Locked thread