Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving yes.

This will be good. I thought you'd forgotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have been drinking a lot recently...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fedule posted:

Oh hell yes. This cropped up in the Sandcastle right about the time I was closing in on finishing my first Beginner run. I'm now neck deep in Experienced and Jesus Christ this thing is like Tension: The Video Game. I'm running Internationale and Olivia because the idea of PWR from KOs just seemed too good to pass up since KOs don't ruin things in Not Expert Plus. I gave her a Volt Disrupter and a KO+1 augment and whoa.

I am going to be periodically raving about this game. Especially when I manage to get away from one of those skin-of-your-teeth near miss clusterfucks that drags on for like 40 turns and winds up with you stim-burst-sprint-dragging an unconscious agent through a tight mess of Enforcer blind spots to the teleporter. I cannot believe the poo poo you come up with when the "gently caress it, reroll" option gets taken away.

Honestly the brevity of the campaign is perfect for ironmanning, especially combined with the near complete lack of RNG. Much better for it than Fire Emblem or Xcom or whatever.

I've only ever played ~one game~ on beginner, and the loving tension that those last few levels generate is something else. It's rare to have in a game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SSNeoman posted:

Yep that's exactly it.
1) Knock out dude with one agent
2) Knock out a second dude who walks by (probably with another agent due to the 2 turn KO limit)
3) Have Agent One pick up the second dude's body
4) Get Agent One to stand on the first dude while still carrying the body
5) Both guards are now pinned as long as the agent stands there. (though make sure your agent is hidden because if anyone finds them, you're not getting out of there easily.)

I'm interested in what you do with Gladstone, she seemed pretty mediocre except for like Faust Brimstone gimmick runs. Though I'm a dirty loving casual who relies on Xu.

This exactly. The game even gives you A for effort if you lose.
Also, if the OP is okay with it, this guy shows that's it's totally possible to Expert Plus Ironman the campaign with a totally fresh file and the default team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwX6zqCWXiA

This guy is really good at the game. I watched him play a Xu/Nika run (his "season 3") and he just ran roughshod over the campaign.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fedule posted:

Yeah, it takes some doing to get the infinite setup rolling. You'll need max strength on Olivia for the +1 KO damage and at least one augment that grants another +1 (though of course you can farm faster with more copies). With one +1, you'll break even on any Volt Disruptor, and with each additional +1 you'll get a net gain in PWR. The sole catch is that you can't hit 20 PWR with this method because for some reason the PWR gain is applied before the PWR cost from the Volt Disruptor, so you're capped at 17 for a basic one or 15 for the mk III version.

Of course, up until that point Olivia is still a power farming... powerhouse. Just give her multiple disruptors and have her go to town. You always get the PWR bonus even if you're redundantly KO-ing an unconscious guard over and over again.

One thing I didn't know about Draco is that his temporary bonus effects aren't temporary stat-ups, they're assorted buffs like reduced item cooldown or extra AP or sometimes just money. Quite handy.

(And I found the soundtrack on iTunes... for about twice what it costs on Steam. The prices we pay for appreciating good things...)

could always check #gamemp3s, I mean yeah it may as well be warez but if all you care about is listening to videogame music, there's no place better imo.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Good write up. Any chance you could post a summary of items / money you accumulate during a mission?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fedule posted:

Since we're in info dump mode I want something clarified.

Drag speed: I've not seen this documented anywhere but I think I know how it works, so if someone could confirm this it'd be great for all. As far as I can tell, it costs 4AP to drag a body one space, but with the perks you get by buying Strength that goes down to 3, then 2. Right?

My understanding was that it basically doubled move costs - ie if you could move 10 spaces, you could move 5 while dragging a body. admittedly it's been >6 months since I last played but I did use it as a general rule of thumb.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FASFJA;SKDFJASDKLFJ

I forgot all about that avatar. Sorry Bif :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hm, forums ate my other reply.

That was a very good level - I've been playing the game again recently with level retries enabled on expert mode and getting my poo poo kicked in on the first mission of day 2. I keep rolling levels where the exit's guarded by two stationary guards in a wide open room with no hiding spaces.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Jesus that sounds nuts. I guess you'd have to do something like I did in the previous mission, where Gladstone kept leading the armoured guy farther and farther away. A lot harder to do that at the end of the level though, when the alarm level's getting up there.

I thought I'd check in game to see if i can get a screenshot of the setup, but instead got the one after I abandoned that run and though it was similar, I had my guys in complete opposite ends of the map, with internationale dragging a dead teammate, and banks at the exit with 4 oblivious but searching guards around her looking everywhere but the exit :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Proudly sharing "....gently caress.jpg"

had to abort banks, and made a solid effort at getting internationale out on her own, but couldn't manage it. there was 5 guards looking for her there and when level 6 came, they boxed her in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I might do something just to keep the thread active tonight. Don't expect fancy graphics because I am poo poo

Like, just in general

• Locked thread